SAN DIEGO RAP IS IT OVER???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
50cal said:
I agree 100%, but what is funny you will get rappers come on the threads saying we have to evolve, we gotta rap different, even when fans continually say they miss that style....can you go double platinum off it? probably not but there is a market. Remember that demographic of fan was the ones who actually purchased music, and helped the West Coast shine. Why cater to the young fans who may not be lifetime rap fans and are more likely to download your shit? Build a loyal fan base who will support all your music, when you switch up you may end up losing that loyalty cause that fan will move on and find somebody whose gonna give it to em how they want it.
I AGREE WITH THAT ALL WAY THE PIMP.

Mar 18, 2006
GANGSTA RAP IS DEAD.REAL STREET SHIT AINT DEAD AS FAR AS REAL NIGGAS THAT DONT RAP BUT IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY GANGSTA RAP IS DEAD.THE KANYE WEST AND 50CENT RECORD SALES BATTLE PROVED THAT.HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU FUCK THE SAME HOODRAT BITCH?HER PUSSY WAS COOL BACK IN THE 80s AND 90s BUT SHE GOT RAN THROUGH,TRAINED ON,PIMPED,ABUSED AND BEATIN ON SO MANY TIMES ITS USELESS TO KEEP GOING BACK AND DOING THE SAME SHIT TO HER.ITS TIME TO MOVE ON AND TRY TO FIND SOMETHING NEW TO RAP ABOUT.THE MEDIA DONT EVEN BUY INTO THAT SHIT NOMORE CAUSE ITS PLAYED THE FUCK OUT.YALL CAN KEEP FUCKIN THAT WIDE PUSSY OVER AND OVER AGAIN BUT I BET YALL NOT FELLING THOSE PUSSY WALLS BUT YOU CONTINUE TO STROKE...LOL...A LOT OF WEST COAST RAPPERS ARE AFRAID TO MOVE FORWARD BECAUSE OF HOOD PRESSURE.TOO SCARED THEIR HOMIES WILL CALL THEM SOFT.ITS TIME TO LET GO OF THAT WORE OUT GANGSTA SHIT AND BE MORE CREATIVE WITH THE MUSIC YALL.ITS 2007 NOT 1987...

Mar 18, 2006
THIS IS THE FUCKIN MUSIC BUSINESS IM TALKIN ABOUT NOT THE GOTDAMN HOOD.KEEP THE GANGSTA SHIT IN THE HOOD AND IMPRESS YOUR LOCAL FRIENDS IF THATS WHAT YOU CHOOSE BUT DONT START CRYING AND ASKIN "WHY WE HAVENT BLEW UP YET" WHEN THE ANSWER IS RIGHT IN YOUR FACE.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
^^^^ this is what I am talking about, why switch up?, why rap gangsta, why rap militant, why rap comedy, why rap at all its all been done in one way or another, and more then once. Rap how you wanna rap...if its crunk, hyphy, lyrical gangsta..if the shoe fits wear it. Conforming to an industry is the best way to make it, but those chances are getting slimmer anyways, and this just contributes to the below average music which will only make shit worse.....i have no idea how someone needs to rap, or network to get a deal, or make a town blow, and obviously no one else does either, or we would see more sucess. Whats funny is people keep saying dago is just gangsta rap....I think there are more hip hop style rappers, and club song rappers in dago..its pretty spread out as far as that goes....mitchy really hit the nail on the head..it takes money, and a steady flow of it..not going in your pockets but out of em to push it big, my advice is do what you do..do it well and build a fan base 1 at a time...

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
^^^^ also i believ Heaterville is falling under a category of building a name...they are at the beginning of their journey, but they are working on being a house hold name in dago, and hopefully it will spread..i wish them all luck and I am proud of what they have achieved so far.

Nov 14, 2006
50cal said:
^^^^ also i believ Heaterville is falling under a category of building a name...they are at the beginning of their journey, but they are working on being a house hold name in dago, and hopefully it will spread..i wish them all luck and I am proud of what they have achieved so far.
I agree. Lets show em sum support at CANES on 10/10!!

Also i think 12 Gauge Shotie is doin his thing right now too.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
what is the difference between what young jeezy raps about and what mitchy slick raps about? the beats? please. same content. we got the block and projects, and crips and bloods. the south got the trap. i don't get it.
gangsta rap is alive and well, lil wayne be spittin gangsta shit. hell he even thinks he is a blood! lol so whats the deal?!

Sep 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
West coast rappers need to start doing more music together. I just saw this dvd with a bunch of L.A. heads on there like Snoop, Jay Rock, Glasses, Bishop and bunch of others on there. Its great that they talk about uniting and have videos of them BBQing it up, where the music? Where's the Snoop feat. Glasses? Where's the Game feat. Mitchy Slick? Bishop feat. Crooked I etc.?

The south always do shit together. They're damm near 10 states deep though. Alot more people can relate to there shit. WestCoast is just Cali. how many people count Nevada, Washington, Arizona and Oregon a part of the coast? Its gonna be hard to beat the south. Too many states, too many people. Best thing to do is blend in. Steal some fame, then do some west coast shit, if "bringin it back" is ur mission.

Feb 21, 2004
www.myspace.com
THEY FORGOT ABOUT US.......HOW MANY OF YALL THAT SUPPORT DAGO BOUGHT THIS?? THIS IS FOR YALL..... I PUT THAT TOGETHER FOR YALL........... AND IT AINT JUS DAGO EITHER WE IN VEGAS,, THE BAY,,, NEW MEXICO,,,, DENVER,,, AZ,,, THIS REPPIN THE TOWN BIG!!!

Dec 25, 2003
Just keep droppin and pushin your music peoples and eventually; maybe not tomorrow, maybe not by the end of the year, but one of these days, our rap scene will get the recognition we been deserving for sooo long......
Just stick with your craft, fully focused!!!

I'm doin the same thing with my art career constantly makin moves and contributing meaningful accomplishments in all our communities and eventually but hopefully not just nationwide but WORLDWIDE!!!!!!

Btw, some of my latest art are being shown at a lil' sci-fi convention right now; The Conjecture!! It's being held at the Hanalei Hotel in Mission Valley (Hotel Circle Road) this weekend...

Meanwhile check out my myspace art page & add me if ya like......
Oh!! Here's one new piece that I uploaded in my sig which is also at the show right now......