SAN DIEGO RAP IS IT OVER???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2004
www.myspace.com
Gas One said:
well..i still go to fam bam..because short of going to shows or ordering cds online i have to...i still see people there..but its a flea market...its really no different from how sweetwater swap meet used to be..

i dont know how its going to work, all i know is albums keep coming out regardless of alot of legitimate places to sell them...and thats one thing im thankful for...

one thing id suggest is...rappers..start carrying your own fucking cds...

its a god damn shame when i meet rappers and i cant even buy they cd from them....

one person for instance coop who you may heard of is orko..

you might not see his cds in the stores but you will see HIM everywhere..at every single show and event selling his cds...sometimes for a dollar...just to get people to peep it..and orkos been doing this longer than damn near anyone in sd..

he'll be in different states and cities doing that same thing...so i dunno to me...more gangster rappers need to look at that and keep it pushin out here....

but a gangster rapper in the streets is a target, i guess...

alot of big movements start grassrooted..
yeah orko stays hard on his grind.. errybody and they mama know who orko is.. he be out there and everywhere..

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
SamoanDagorilla said:
that incident aint gonna end dago rap... what is gonna end dago rap, is the faux support these artists get.. everybody gotta burned ecay or mitch cd.. aint nobody goin to the shows.. what u guys gotta do to make this shit flourish is to support it, and help make that scene.. because there is no scene without u san diego.. i see all these outta town muthafuckas talkin on here more bout our artists than our own.. which prolly means our only scene is outta town.. thats why our artists always leave... if u really believe in dago and wanna make it flourish, ull make them moves to support it.. if not we're gonna watch it all die before it even blew..
whats good sau!!! i just had to say i agree but i wasnt saying that the last 2 events was bringing an end to dago rap i think yall misunderstanding me or either i presented my question in the wrong manner!!! but how ever not all the local shows are duds only the ones that ppl only promote on siccness and myspace.. i have been to a few local events thats was off the hook!!!!

May 22, 2005
I think its far from dead, and that's from an outside point of view. Like many people have said. Cats just gotta want it. I mean, I reached out to Janky and I've been puttin in hella work for mitch, but on the other hand mitch puts in hella work for himself. And cats gotta want to get heard out of dago. Its hard gettin out there. I had to fight tooth and nail to get micth on some radio spots and I've been associated with my dj's for about 2 to 3 years. I love the SD scene. That's why I try to reach to some homies, but you gotta find who really wants it. And finaly, you gotta spendmoney to make money. Cuz even though I do a lot for free, it cost money to promote but I do it for the love of it. Dago got heat though

Nov 14, 2006
First of all more than half of San Diegiens never go to Fam Bam. Therefore most of San Diego has no clue about all these artists since u can only get their cds at fam bam, music trader or online. And people dont wanna be on myspace searching for shows all day. I think the variety of rap is alright we just need better promotion throughout the city and not just in southeast. And your not gonna have too many supporters if the shows keep gettin shot up and u only market to half the city. This rap thing is bigger than jsut southeast and once these artist realize that they might sell a little more

Aug 9, 2002
Yeah ORKO stay doin the thang! knew him from back in the days when he used to go to Keiler and was dancin. Masters of the Universe and the No Soul Bunch had the SD hip hop scene on lock.

But the homies from the Sidewayz camp always have Cds on deck to purchase right then and there. They are always OT tryin to get it also.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
Alot of mc's dumbed themselves down to be "san diego".

I aint callin' no one a buster, or nothin.

I'm just saying theres alot of people that got a little (understatement) harder on the microphone when that became the 'San Diegos style'.

We dont need 500 San Diego rappers talking about the grizzly reality of living in San Diego. Cuz thats gonna be alooooot of liars.

or aloooot of dry snitching by default.

im just sayin. mcs dont even be havin drugs. and they be talkin about pushing keys.

i respect orko for bieng orko all this time

and he remembers me which is kinda cool, he never got too big to say whats up

Jun 12, 2002
www.sosickproductions.com
Them Sidewayz niggas known all in Nebraska - I heard yall did it big in Omaha wit Mac Dre and Luni. I heard some of yall niggas left some luggage out this way. Its some lil kids talkin bout they popz is from Sidewayz- Fuckin Wit ya! The rap game like dope homie- if the fish aint biting here find another million dollar spot. U can say if u don't blow at home u aint gon blow nowhere else-bullshit homie. They gon hate u at home the most- u gotta go OT wit it. Look at Biggie, Bone Thugs- them niggas hit the west first- so did Fat joe but Fat Joe got clowned because he called himself Fat Joe the Gangsta(West Koast Niggas wasn't having That-Ah Ha). Biggie and Bone blew up first out West and of course muthafuckas see u on Tv and they gon claim u- unless yo name Nik Kannon

Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
THIS AINT NO FUCK THIS SIDE OR THAT SIDE SHIT, DONT GET ME TWISTED. I LOVE THE WHOLE TOWN, ITS JUST THAT WHEN SOMETHING THAT GOES DOWN LIKE LAST NIGHT AND AT THE PADRE GOLD, IT AFFECTS THE WHOLE CITY. MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THOSE WHO GOT HIT IN THE CROSSFIRE. I WAS NOT THERE, BUT WANT TO EXPRESS MY CONCERNS BECUZ I LOVE MY TOWN AND WANNA SEE THE BEST FOR US. WHY CANT WE HAVE ARE EVENTS WITH OUT THIS KINDA SHIT. IF U BANG? THEN COO. I RESPECT THAT. BUT PLEASE LET US HAVE OUR EVENTS WITH NO CONFLICT. I KNOW MUTHAFUCKAS WAS MAD AT ME CUZ I SPOKE MY MIND ON THE ISSUE, BUT SOMEONES GOTTA SPEAK UP FOR WHUTS RIGHT. IM NOT DOWNING NO ONE, SO STOP DOWNING ME. ALL I EVER TRY TO DO IS UPLIFT MY CITY THE BEST I CAN. AND IF U CANT UNDERSTAND THAT THEN I GUESS U JUST CANT. STAY SAFE IN THESE WICKED STREETS CUZ WE LIVIN IN THE LAST DAYS!

Jun 22, 2007
all that needs to happen really is:
1.)keep these venues a positive vibe.niggas from the b and c card be on the bills at all the shows i been on and i can honestly tell you they kept it civil.i think that these two specific nights ppl were lookin for problems cuz the majority of all sets were in attendance.

2.)promote your shows in the streets as well as online with flyers etc..so that the venue and flyer will be seen by people who are all over san diego and not just the online network.

3.)flood the streets with your material mixtapes, lp's, ep's,etc..you cant leave out mixtapes becuz this is a big window for artists who arent fully established in their cities.and if your mixtape is on point ppl are gonna listen and try to find out more info about that artist..not everybody has a budget to go out and buy beats for a whole project when your doin it straight independent.so in the meantime in between time while stackin chips to purchase beats for ur project why not stay current and hop on mixtapes, compilations and all the other shit..alot of niggas still dont know about me and one of the first things i started doing was mixtapes both solo and group.then i recorded a banger that got played on z90 summer of 06' w my nigga young 80 titled "we grind" and this summer my own little original single titled"set it off".so i got radio play before really even pushing my mixtapes heavy in the streets..now with my current mixtape im goin harder with it takin them to shows,shippin em out of state, takin them to hiphop clothing stores..EVERY OUTLET I CAN GET MY HANDS ON IM THERE..its just a real slow grind wen niggas in daygo rap like a mafukka but we have no support and if nobody comes and supports then we stay stagnate.and its on us to get our music heard everywhere.so just keep grindin' cuz u cant stop ignorance..

whatup coop good to see you got out of there good my nig!we hit the alley and fukked around and got interrogated by the holice for a hour..sum bullshit fa real'..daygo city allday man!!!1'hunnid

May 22, 2005
I still think SD has one of the best sets of artists, its just a matter of gettin out there. I mean, a lot of cats on the east would love this shit, but its just about expanding...Thats why its hard though, a lot of people arent willing to listen right off the bat...you have to be persistent. Believe me, i deal with some very shallow people while i do promotions over here on the east but after a while they break down!

MITCHY SLICK

CEO/Artist WrongKind Records
Jan 29, 2003
TELL YALL THE TRUTH IM TIRED YALL.NIGGAS DONT REALLY KNOW ALL THE SHIT I PUT INTO THIS RAP SHIT.IT'S COOL TO GET THE UNDERGROUND PROPS AND ALL BUT THE BOTTUM LINE IS THIS SHIT COST MONEY.I BEEN PAYIN FOR SHIT THAT NO ARTIST SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR OVER SUCH ALONG PERIOD OF TIME.MAYBEE IN THE BIGGININ A NIGGA GOTTA COME OUT THE POCKET BUT AFTER 5 OR SIX YEARS A NIGGA BREAD WILL START LOOKIN FUNNY.I GAVE UP ALOT OF SHIT TO GET THE RECOGNITION I GOT.IT'S HARD TO GET MONEY WHEN A NIGGA ON THE ROAD SO MUCH HE CANT EVEN GET BACK TO HOME BASE OR THE OFFICE.JUST WORKIN AROUND THE HATE ALONE IS ENOUGH TO BREAK ANY AVERAGE NIGGA ALL THE WAY DOWN.IF NIGGAS WAS ON T.V. GETTIN BIG ROYALTY CHECKS,IT WOULD B WORTH IT.NIGGAS SEE U WIT A CHAIN ON IN A VIDEO THATS ONLY ON YOUTUBE AND THINK U CAN GIVE THEM A RECORD DEAL OR SUMTHIN.AND WHEN U DONT,THEY HATE U.A NIGGA SALES A FEW RECORDS BUT THAT SHIT GOTTA GO RITE BACK INTO THE NEXT PROJECT.OR THE NEXT OUTTA TOWN TRIP........KEEP GRINDIN MY NIGGAS.LIKE I SAID BEFORE IF ANY REAL NIGGAS NEED PLUGS I GOT A FEW GOOD ONES BUT NIGGAS GOTTA B READY BECAUSE I AINT TRYIN TO FUCK UM OFF.......WE AINT SUPPORTIVE TO NIGGAS THAT AINT ON T.V. YET ON THE WEST COAST BECAUSE EVERYBODY GOT THEY RAP SHIT THEIR TRYIN TO GET OFF.I GAVE UP EVERYTHANG I HAD CHASIN AND WAITIN ON THIS RAP SHIT.I WOULD LOVE TO SIGN A NEW LIL NIGGA BUT I KNOW WHAT HE'S GONNA HAVE TO DEAL WIT ONCE HE GETS A LIL SUCCESS.TRIV TRIV.WE NEED DEATH ROW OR RUTHLESS BACK ON THE WEST.THE NEXT WEST COAST ACT TO CRACK AINT GONNA B A GANGSTA NIGGA,WATCH.A WEST COAST NIGGA COULD COME OUT WIT A DANCE SONG LIKE SOLJA BOY AND GET A MAJOR DEAL TOMORROW.THEY SCARRED OF THE GANGSTA SHIT IN THEM BIG OFFICES ON THE WEST.WRONGKIND!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 22, 2005
^^^Believe me Mitch, shit will pay off...I spoke to a rep at Universal i fuck with and he was lovin the music. But like you said, they afraid of a gangsta. Its so sad but its true...But it amazes me how, Dipset can claim they gangstas and sell 40 thousand copies, but let a westcoast cat spit the same lifestyle and the recognition is nowhere to be seen. Im tryin to get cats to open up and realize shit...I go OT all the time with product, and dont make a dime off of promotions, but i do it cuz i love to help.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
MITCHY SLICK said:
TELL YALL THE TRUTH IM TIRED YALL.NIGGAS DONT REALLY KNOW ALL THE SHIT I PUT INTO THIS RAP SHIT.IT'S COOL TO GET THE UNDERGROUND PROPS AND ALL BUT THE BOTTUM LINE IS THIS SHIT COST MONEY.I BEEN PAYIN FOR SHIT THAT NO ARTIST SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR OVER SUCH ALONG PERIOD OF TIME.MAYBEE IN THE BIGGININ A NIGGA GOTTA COME OUT THE POCKET BUT AFTER 5 OR SIX YEARS A NIGGA BREAD WILL START LOOKIN FUNNY.I GAVE UP ALOT OF SHIT TO GET THE RECOGNITION I GOT.IT'S HARD TO GET MONEY WHEN A NIGGA ON THE ROAD SO MUCH HE CANT EVEN GET BACK TO HOME BASE OR THE OFFICE.JUST WORKIN AROUND THE HATE ALONE IS ENOUGH TO BREAK ANY AVERAGE NIGGA ALL THE WAY DOWN.IF NIGGAS WAS ON T.V. GETTIN BIG ROYALTY CHECKS,IT WOULD B WORTH IT.NIGGAS SEE U WIT A CHAIN ON IN A VIDEO THATS ONLY ON YOUTUBE AND THINK U CAN GIVE THEM A RECORD DEAL OR SUMTHIN.AND WHEN U DONT,THEY HATE U.A NIGGA SALES A FEW RECORDS BUT THAT SHIT GOTTA GO RITE BACK INTO THE NEXT PROJECT.OR THE NEXT OUTTA TOWN TRIP........KEEP GRINDIN MY NIGGAS.LIKE I SAID BEFORE IF ANY REAL NIGGAS NEED PLUGS I GOT A FEW GOOD ONES BUT NIGGAS GOTTA B READY BECAUSE I AINT TRYIN TO FUCK UM OFF.......WE AINT SUPPORTIVE TO NIGGAS THAT AINT ON T.V. YET ON THE WEST COAST BECAUSE EVERYBODY GOT THEY RAP SHIT THEIR TRYIN TO GET OFF.I GAVE UP EVERYTHANG I HAD CHASIN AND WAITIN ON THIS RAP SHIT.I WOULD LOVE TO SIGN A NEW LIL NIGGA BUT I KNOW WHAT HE'S GONNA HAVE TO DEAL WIT ONCE HE GETS A LIL SUCCESS.TRIV TRIV.WE NEED DEATH ROW OR RUTHLESS BACK ON THE WEST.THE NEXT WEST COAST ACT TO CRACK AINT GONNA B A GANGSTA NIGGA,WATCH.A WEST COAST NIGGA COULD COME OUT WIT A DANCE SONG LIKE SOLJA BOY AND GET A MAJOR DEAL TOMORROW.THEY SCARRED OF THE GANGSTA SHIT IN THEM BIG OFFICES ON THE WEST.WRONGKIND!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES, YOU ARE ON TOP OF THE UNDERGROUND RIGHT NOW MITCHY. I GUESS ALL THE RESPECT IN THE STREETS DON'T ADD UP TO $$...I GUESS THAT'S WHY THE FAKE ARE SO RICH, HA HA. KEEP GRINDING, YOU ARE SO CLOSE! AS LONG AS YOU KEEP TOUCHING THE STREETS, THE INDUSTRY WILL HAVE TO FOLLOW. I'M ON YOUR TEAM, YOU'LL SEE......