Three 6 Mafia - Laws of Power

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
Even though three 6 is not what they used to be, they are still sick to me & their production is in top form. By the way shots after shots looks dope.

Feb 8, 2003
, but you just keep saying the same shit over and over again that it seems like your a hater.
Just like you keep dick riding them over and over again you mark. seems like your a stalker. go stare at your dj paul skeleton album poster on your bedroom wall faggot. all I said was i told you tehy album wasnt coming out in no nov or jan,

Jun 22, 2007
Just like you keep dick riding them over and over again you mark. seems like your a stalker. go stare at your dj paul skeleton album poster on your bedroom wall faggot. all I said was i told you tehy album wasnt coming out in no nov or jan,
lol please explain how I "dick ride". Im so sick of hearing that fucking phrase. I've said every fucking time there's a thread on 3 6, that its obvious they ARE NOT the same as they used to be. I also said their music is still better than 90% of the mainstream shit out there, if you call that dick riding, so be it.

Feb 14, 2004
Who cares if they lost a lot of their core fanbase? Just goes to show that they(bitching fans) aren't fans of their music at all. They're(3-6) gaining more than losing, even when doing weak ass tracks like the few that they do. They can't be doing all of that dark shit all of the goddamn time. I assume the members of Three 6 Mafia got into the music business to make money, and started off with the dark shit, which didn't make much money until they started making music the world would like, and not just a select few in the US. So they continue to make music for all of the people, and not just the one's that fell in love with the dark shit they did. I am one of the one's that would rather have them keep on doing the same ol dark shit, but I know that won't happen. So I have to adapt to what they're doing now. I am just one of their 1,000,000+ fans that they have, and my voice won't be heard. When they made Mystic Sylez, I assume they were hungry as fuck and just wanted to get into the music business, and well look where they're at now. They have fans worldwide now, and have to make music for other people other than the fans that's been following their music from the getgo.

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
Three 6 still have good and consistent sales with the more "radio" formula they use now. Thats why Last 2 Walk sold way more than either of their solo albums. I find "Shake My" catchy and it will appeal to a less hardcore audience no doubt but doesnt it help them bring in sales? Come on...their albums are still good so why does it matter what content or formula they come with.

Feb 23, 2003
Who cares if they lost a lot of their core fanbase? Just goes to show that they(bitching fans) aren't fans of their music at all. They're(3-6) gaining more than losing, even when doing weak ass tracks like the few that they do. They can't be doing all of that dark shit all of the goddamn time. I assume the members of Three 6 Mafia got into the music business to make money, and started off with the dark shit, which didn't make much money until they started making music the world would like, and not just a select few in the US. So they continue to make music for all of the people, and not just the one's that fell in love with the dark shit they did. I am one of the one's that would rather have them keep on doing the same ol dark shit, but I know that won't happen. So I have to adapt to what they're doing now. I am just one of their 1,000,000+ fans that they have, and my voice won't be heard. When they made Mystic Sylez, I assume they were hungry as fuck and just wanted to get into the music business, and well look where they're at now. They have fans worldwide now, and have to make music for other people other than the fans that's been following their music from the getgo.
COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER!!

Feb 14, 2004
LOL @ this song:

lol again.

Dayum wtf is this techno shit!? lol

When I get this album, gona burn it to the computer and make a copy of it without this song on it lol

lol

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
LOL

man... Flo-Rida get's a pass... but Sean Kingston too... it was almost like they intended to piss me off with that one

wow... at least it'll get hella rotation

Feb 14, 2004
Interview: Three 6 Mafia
Life is good for Three 6 Mafia.

"I just left Jerry's Deli, and I'm chilling," chuckles Three 6 Mafia's Juicy J through a wide smile. "I had a delicious late breakfast—or brunch, whatever you want to call it [Laughs]."

In addition to kicking it at Jerry's, Juicy has been holed up in the studio finishing Three 6 Mafia's forthcoming album, Laws of Power. Set to hit shelves this March, Laws of Power is an epic hip hop masterpiece. Three 6 Mafia preserve their classic edge, while wildin' out with the likes of Tiësto on new single "Feel It" and Tech N9ne on "Shots After Shots." From electronica music icons to underground trendsetters, Three 6 Mafia can rock with anyone, and their collaborations are to-die-for. They're laying down the law for sure this time around, and rap will never be the same…

The Academy Award-winning, Sizzurp-slinging MC Juicy J sat down with ARTISTdirect.com editor and Dolor author Rick Florino for this exclusive interview about Laws of Power, possibly working with legendary Velvet Revolver and Guns N' Roses axeman SLASH, how horror movies inspire him and so much more.

Do you feel like you're moving into new territory on this album? It's a bigger, more epic sound.

We worked really hard on Laws of Power! Some of the songs, like our single with Tiësto ["Feel It"], have a more international sound. Most of the album is like a lot of our older stuff that we put out back in the day. If you listen to "Lil' Freak (Ugh, Ugh, Ugh)," it has that old Three 6 Mafia sound. We try to stick with the same style that we were doing in the early '90s and 2000, and then we add a little bit of a new swag to it. You know what I'm saying?

That swag is present on "Feel It." What's the story behind that track?

We just went into the studio and did it. Tiësto made the track, and we recorded our parts. Sean Kingston came in on the record, and it's banging. It's heating up, man. Flo Rida's on it too. It's one of those records that when it comes on you're like, "Holy shit!" We've got a lot of different fans. We've got a pop fan base and we've got our original fan base, so we tried to please everybody on this new album. The record is for original Three 6 Mafia fans, and we've got other kinds of songs on there for people that like the pop stuff. We've got a huge following.

If Laws of Power were a movie, what would it be?

The Godfather, because we're mobbin' out on those tracks! We're going straight mob on the whole album [Laughs].

You're almost like cinematic rappers, telling stories on every song. Do you feel like that storytelling tradition continue here?

Yeah, we just try to stick with what we've been doing for years. They say if it ain't broke, don't fix it…So far, we've been winning with that. We tried a couple different things with the Tiësto track. I love the song. We've got a record we did with Rodney Jerkins called "Shake My." I love all of the music on the album.

Are you still doing a track with Slash?

Dr. Luke produced a track called "Shots After Shots," and we're supposed to get Slash on it. It didn't happen yet though. It's still in the works. The track is hard! We're trying our best to get Slash on it because I think that would be really hot!

Your collaboration with Tech N9ne "Demons" goes into evil territory as well.

That dark style is the original Three 6 Mafia sound. We always had that. We tried to bring that back with the new CD. The fans have been missing that. We've got to give the fans what they want!

What attracts you to that darkness?

I've always watched a bunch of scary movies. I love scary movies! I don't know how old you are, but I used to watch this TV show called Creature Feature. I used to watch all of these scary shows they had on Channel 24 back in the day. I'm talking way back in the day—the late '80s, early '90s. I always loved the sound of scary movies. I'd go to the movies any day to check out a good scary movie. I also dig the slasher-type stuff! Jason and freddy are classics right there. Everybody grew up on that shit [Laughs].

Does finding inspiration in movies and other art forms make for deeper music?

Yeah, of course! We shot a couple of movies ourselves—Choices, Choices II and this comedy called Clean Up Men. We won an Academy Award for Hustle & Flow. We always wanted to have something to do with the film and television business. We had our own television show, Adventures In Hollywood. We have another TV show coming out called Cookin' Ain't Easy. It's a comedy cooking reality show. We're always keeping our heads in something. We've got a new liquor called Sizzurp. It's been out for a little while, but we're the owners of it. It's in liquor stores, and it tastes good! We've got purple, red and blue—all kinds of Sizzurp. It's legal and available in stores now. I have to keep saying it's legal and it's in stores [Laughs].

Is it important for artists to branch out of music because records don't sell like they used to?

Yeah, man, I feel you've got to keep your head in everything. You've got to do a little bit of this and a little bit of that. A hundred checks are better than one check. If you look in the mailbox and you have five or six checks in there, that looks delicious! If you look in there and you've only got one, that's cool, but I'm trying to get money from everywhere across the board—the movie money, the independent game, etc. We're trying to get it all!

You're one of the few rap groups that could collaborate with Tech N9ne and Flo Rida all on the same record?

You've got to keep your ear to the street! Three 6 Mafia can do all different kinds of music and make it sound good. That's all that matters! We can accomplish anything we put our minds to.

Do you feel like there's a bit of a rock n' roll vibe on Laws of Power?

With Three 6 Mafia, there's a little bit of everything! It's hard. Laws of Power is a movie from top to bottom—straight through.

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/interview-three-6-mafia/6223133

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
i have not fucked with any new three six music since that i stay fly song, i only fuck with their old music from when they started, but juicy j always murders a fucking verse, dude's flow is fucking dope....