Three 6 Mafia - Laws of Power

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
A confirmed track I am looking forward to hearing, "Shots After Shots", Featuring Tech N9NE.

And a confirmed track I NOT looking forward to hearing, "Hater Killerz(DJ Paul & Juice J Remix)", featuring ICP and Twizted. <<<Who does Three 6 even put these guys on their albums??? I wish they would just stop doing that.

VENOM

Sicc OG
Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
When The Smoke Clears was the last great album that Three 6 Mafia put out in my opinion. But that is just my opinion.

I loved the Old Three 6 Mafia....

I hate the new version but they still make good beat for the Project Pat album. I still support Pat.

Apr 8, 2006
Ya I aint bumped no triple 6 since World Domination n Prophet Posse's old shit.
But who the fuck is Tech talkin bout when he sais he was fuckin the homeboy Scarecrow's girl? The beat on this song is dark 2 shits sick

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
that track was fruity as fuck...

if all else fails which won't be surprising, hopefully that tech feature turns out to be more than decent

Feb 8, 2003
Gotdamnit, they pushed the album to January 2010. Oh well, only two months. I am sure they have their reasons.
bc that shit garbage with no rotation or buzz and sony probaly making them redo most it. They gonna do them like they did them with last to walk this album probaly wont drop until spring or summer next year

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
At this point, Im actually hoping Three 6 gets dropped from Sony, cause they're tryin too hard to appeal to wider audiances with these techno, Good Charlotte crossover tracks....

Mayne its no wonder why Yo Gotti is getting more bump out in Memphis than Three 6 at this point. Im a very big Three 6 fan, but I gotta come clean here

Jun 22, 2007
Three 6 Mafia is signed to Sony. Sony makes them do these songs because they sell. Lolli Lolli sold over a million ringtones. They are going to continue to make these types of songs as long as they are on a major label. DUH DUH DUH DUH. They are not independent anymore. Yes 3 6 has sold out ever since winning the Oscar, most people knew this was coming. Even if they were independent, they wouldn't make beats or music like they did 4 or 5 years ago. They dont put in the effort anymore, they're old now, they've been doing this since the early 90's, yet they're STILL in the rap game. Stop bitching about their singles, EVERY ARTIST SIGNED TO A MAJOR LABEL makes these types of singles now a days, and YOU ALL KNOW THAT.

Jun 22, 2007
Here's Juicy talkin about the track w/ Tech N9ne. Im PISSED though, I thought I was gunna hear Tech on a Paul and Juicy beat FINALLY, my dream collab, but Nooooooo, this one just had to be one produced by someone else.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...afia-enlists-tech-n9ne-for-single-talks-album

Last week it was announced that Three 6 Mafia [click to read] fans will have to wait until 2010 for the latest major label group effort, Laws Of Power. Speaking with HipHopDX on Friday, Juicy J gave another reason why the wait may be worthy. Among a heavy guest-list, the veteran Memphis collective reached out to Kansas City cult-followed favorite Tech N9ne [click to read] for an official single, "Shots After Shots."

Juice explained, "Dr. Luke produced the track. It's just one of those records, man. You've got a record that's just so hardcore." The Crunk chorus boasts, "'I'ma drink beer, and I'ma get high / I'ma take shots after shots till the day I die!" Given that vibe, the Academy Award winners wanted a unique guest. "When we did the song, I was like, 'This song is hard! We need to put somebody on this that can really rip this mothafucka up! Tech N9ne!' After bringing in the Strange Music CEO, Juicy J takes pride in the decision. "He killed it! It was like to perfect combo. It was the burger, the fries and the drink. We're gonna shoot a video to it. I'll tell you what: I never call a song a hit before it's a hit, but this song is definitely a very strong single. Let's see what happens. When you hear it, you're not even gonna believe it."

Although an affiliate producer is responsible for "Shots After Shots," the famed duo has not out-sourced their sound. "Me and [DJ] Paul produced about 85% of the album. It was the same vibe. It was the same Three 6 Mafia...we've got our serious records, we've got our Crunk records, we've got our party records on there. When you listen to this album, it sounds more like our older stuff. We try to put out older school stuff like we put out back in the day, 'cause everybody wants to hear that sound." There are still a handful of guests on the boards. "We got like two or three [outside produced] tracks on there - one by Rodney Jerkins, 'Shots After Shots' produced by Dr. Luke, and we got another song on there called 'Go To Work' produced by Dr. Luke. Also, we've got another song on there produced by Kevin Rudolph."

With an emphasis on their long-standing underground sound, Juicy J was also asked if Sony's A&R Department embraces that authenticity to Three 6 Mafia as much as fans do. "With Sony [Records], we have like a 50/50 relationship over there. They come in with their ideas; we come in with our ideas. In a 50/50 relationship, you've got to give a little bit to get a little bit. We make an agreement on a lot of our music. Man, it's not no problems. The album is still gangsta, and we have a few different-sounding tracks on there for some of our newer fans. I'm satisfied; I'm happy."