Strange Days Chicago House of Blues

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 31, 2007
I read all of it yesterday, well technically this morning lol. I read all about the balcony, the floor, the side bars, tables, and all that, does anybody have any advice what time I should show up for VIP? I believe strangevip.com says it starts at 3 but I don't want to be one of the last people there.
Yea its for an hour before doors open I believe. BUT I say get there earlier. If I am not mistaken, when I did VIP for Strange Noize 2, we got up a little early and had a little more than an hour or something like that. Then we had to go outside and wait in line where we got infront of the people waiting out there. Well I didnt, I went back to where my people were, but I could have gotten upfront

May 9, 2008
www.myspace.com
Yea its for an hour before doors open I believe. BUT I say get there earlier. If I am not mistaken, when I did VIP for Strange Noize 2, we got up a little early and had a little more than an hour or something like that. Then we had to go outside and wait in line where we got infront of the people waiting out there. Well I didnt, I went back to where my people were, but I could have gotten upfront
Thank you, I'm probably going to show up an hour before the meet n greet starts, so I should be there at 2, and leave the crib around 1/1:30.

May 31, 2007
I think thats the same time I got there as well, everything turned out great except Jared from HED P.E. and the Taxman setting up the stage and not being in the meet n greet. But he apologized to me later and talked. And Pakelika was cool peeps to talk with too but I guess that wont be happening again. It was awesome seeing Daddy X and Krizz talk about the females they talked to the night before , seemed like the 2 parties really got along. The only bad part was that Tech and Kutty were dancin clownin around and then 3 girls approached them who I see at ALOT of local shows and basically try to get with all the bands. Then they kept talking and it seemed awkward to approach them you know what I mean

Aug 27, 2004
Okay, So I have been reading some reviews on the Chicago House of Blues venue and I am getting mixed signals. A lot of people are complaining about the staff, security, and the whole venue as a bad experience in general. And then there are people who say its the best venue that they have ever been to. I am confused. Are we not allowed to bring in out camera's? What is up with security? Are the stories true? I recently read the set list and saw a shit load of songs...I take it there wont be any openers? Just all Strange Music? Nobody is going to open for them? That would be hella tight...

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
HOB overall is a real cool venue.

Digi cams...yes for meet-n-greet, not at all for show.

Phone cams...youre really risking getting kicked out by using it during actual show.

Most of, but not all, of the shows include a local opener. Chicago doesnt, so Cognito should be on at 6pm to start with.

May 31, 2007
Phone cams I usually see arent a prob. They might say hey, no recording though. Cameras are usually not allowed into shows @ HOB. And the shit about security not being good. its cuz sometimes there assholes

Aug 27, 2004
okay thanks guys...I was about to bring my camera to the show too...good thing I didnt. I hope Cognito plays that song, "I was born to be fly!" w/ tech. that song should be his last song his set...then bring in someone else. Dwayme I can't wait for this shit!

Aug 27, 2004
10 more days and I am on vacation!!! Holy shit this is coming up faster than I originally thought. I have not been in the states for over 2 years!!! I don't even know what it feels like anymore lol. The first thing I am going to do it order a nice ice cold Heiniken & a shot of Patron! Yeah imma ball out baby!

Aug 27, 2004
I am a little worried about this closing early at 10:00 pm. Will everyone have to go on early since this is an all age venue? I hope they have enough time to "kram" all those songs into the concert. & I doubt they will have time to do any Encore stuff. Damn this might suck now. Does anyone know how this All Ages show will affect the concert and shit?