Strange Days Chicago House of Blues

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 27, 2004
I just bought 3 VIP tickets to the Chicago House of Blues concert. This will be the first Tech concert for all three of us. We've waited way too long to do this so its a long time coming. We pretty much been bumpin' him since Now It's On came out. I am flying in all the way from Kuwait City to make this concert. In addition to that, we are driving another 7 hours to Chicago from our hometown in Michigan. I remember when BTNH held the ThinkTank events, the fans got together and met before the event. I just wanted to know who else plans on going to this particular concert and if your going to the VIP before the concert. If so, we all should meet somewhere and kick it??? Thoughts?

Follow this link to find out who is all attending this concert and let us know if you are planning on kickin' it w/ us!!!

http://events.myspace.com/External/MyspaceMessage/Event/View/4173846

Members Who Are Attending

creptandwecame (thread starter)
4SidedDie (recieved phone #)
rising_tied (need phone #)
b-rock920 (recieved phone #)
krazee d (need phone #)
wallets (need phone #)
SyNiKaL (need phone #)
Bones Justice (need phone #)
AshTray2 (need phone #)
swaneejuggalo (need phone #)
Massakre (need phone #)
LogHead116 (need phone #)

Latest Update:

Here is my cell phone number:

906-221-1634

May 1, 2009
Im going to this concert but I dont think im going to VIP because I got a ticket for $15. But I would be down to kick it but I dont know where because im not from anywhere near the Chicago area.

Aug 27, 2004
aight coo. i might even to the the N9ne Steakhouse while I'm in the Chi...I've always wanted to go there just to say I've been there. I don't know where we can meet but we have a lot of time to organize something...the concert is June 11th.

Jul 4, 2009
I have decided I will NOT jump off the balcony at the HOB and crept B-rock you guys smoke/ drink?!? me n a few homies will be doing all that before during and after the show, yall and others that are going are more than welcome to join

May 31, 2007
Yea dont do it at HOB man... Pearl Room was way shorter.. I always thought they looked the same until one kid was about to @ HOB during A Day To Remember, and then I realized that there was no way in hell anyone should even TRY to attempt to get him..

But yea I already got like 4 tickets to this show for me and my peeps, think we still gotta get one more.. But none of us got VIP.

Oh and to the dude who ordered the VIP, I will pay you for the shoelaces man if you or your peeps dont want em, hit me up

Aug 27, 2004
yeah we are down to drink n chill b4/during/after the show. I am getting really excited about finally seeing Tech live. Plus, I have been living in Kuwait City for the past two years so it will feel good just to be in the States for a change. I will bring an extra pair of those shoelaces if you want em rising_tied. So, we get like...first entrance into the concert w/ the VIP thing...so where is the best place to watch the concert from? tha balcony or the floor?

May 31, 2007
heh I was at that same ADTR show unfortunally
I hate scene girls sometimes..
Were you really? Shit I was in the pit both days.... Well up front for Enter Shikari cuz there amazing... Then chilled for Silverstein, then in the pit for ABR and ADTR the entire time.. and yea scene chicks can be bitches... But sexy ass bitches.

Oh and to creptandwecame, Id say get on the floor bro.. Usually they wont let you on the balcony anyway, but Id say stay on the floor if you want the experience. Yes Tech crowds can get rough, and theres usually alotta drunk douchbags.. Dont get me wrong, theres drunk nice dudes haha, but theres usually quite a few assholes... Thats why me and my peeps get withen the first 3 rows and do our best to hold our spot. Plus, I take off my glasses during the set so if im that close I can still see some shit. But yea, Id say floor, just be ready to hold your ground.

And about the shoe laces.... How much are we talking for the laces?

And about the CHI being a good place... I havnt been to any other Tech show, but I think its a pretty good place to see Tech, I just wish you got to see him @ The Pearl Room. There was just something about that place I liked (besides asshole security)

Jul 4, 2009
I liked the fact I was able to jump off that balcony at Mokena.. but any way Chicago is a beautiful city. More than likely youll enjoy the surroundings more than the concert, not saying tech n everyone is gonna suck cause every show is full of energy
but Chicago is a lovely place to be at. Rising, I wasnt in the pit for any bands, I was just there for enter shakri and I was trying to protect my girl at the time in the front from flying bodies and fists the entire show

May 31, 2007
Rising, I wasnt in the pit for any bands, I was just there for enter shakri and I was trying to protect my girl at the time in the front from flying bodies and fists the entire show
You like Shikari too? There good shit man. Where were you, and what day or days did you go? I was at both.

And man, we couldnt really get the Hardcore dance pit open that big.. I dont like dancing in too small of space, because I dont like hitting people outside of the pit which some assholes have no problem with. but it wouldnt open that big. At least I got to dance a little. My body wasnt that sore the next day though so thats how I know I didnt get to dance enough. After the first day of Bamboozle in Jersey last week, I could barely move my body, then I went out for the second day and danced some more. Thats how you know its a good time

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
I dont really smoke or drink but wouldnt mind hangin out before the show or before doors open. Actually those who post over on Tech N9ne's site are also tryin to do a lil meet up thing at the Chi show.

HOB has great views almost anywhere you stand. floor, balcony, behind the sound booth, the bars (off on the side), etc. Gonna be a HOT show tho. Decent amount of out-of-towners comin to the show.

Aug 27, 2004
nice...I am not tha type of person who would be "moshing" or whatever it's called nowadays...but I just hope it doesnt totally ruin my experience. I just like to chill n drink and vibe out to Tech's muzik...I am going to ask about balcony seating just to be safe...does anyone know how to go about doing that? I will pay extra I guess if I have to. To Rising: it doesn't matter how much for the laces...i will already have a pair of my own so whatever is okay...how about just watch out for me when a mosh pit forms and keep the drunk people away from me...do that and I will throw in two pairs and a shotglass lol...real talk.

Jul 4, 2009
I was at both days, and I would hardcore dance but I just dont have it in me to get back into those dance moves
those were my 16-18 days
and Bones you aint gotta smoke or drank just have a good time with us siccgoons

May 31, 2007
I was at both days, and I would hardcore dance but I just dont have it in me to get back into those dance moves
those were my 16-18 days
and Bones you aint gotta smoke or drank just have a good time with us siccgoons
I used to hate it so fucking much, but I got older and its a great way of stress relief (and no I was not trying to make a Tech joke)

And to creptandwecame, you got yourself a deal haha. But you said you rather just chill out and vibe to Techs shit? Then you might wanna call HOB ahead and try to get a seat reserved in back by the bar.. therell be seats on the side as well that you may be able to reserve. IDK how that works because I never have, but there are tables and shit. Me, the way I feel about concerts is if I am not completely covered in my own and other peopls sweat than it wasnt a good show lol. So I like the floor better

Aug 27, 2004
thats cool...so...I will bring the shoelaces to the concert with me. I wish I could get up on the balcony or something. I just want the best view possible...How is the view from the bar on the sides? If I sat at the bar on the side, how would that view be? would I still be able to see the stage?

May 31, 2007
thats cool...so...I will bring the shoelaces to the concert with me. I wish I could get up on the balcony or something. I just want the best view possible...How is the view from the bar on the sides? If I sat at the bar on the side, how would that view be? would I still be able to see the stage?
Ye I think someone said it before, but pretty much everywhere in the place is good unless your standing behind fucking Yao Ming haha. Both of the bar areas on the side are kinda curved around the floor so you can see the stage.. The bar area in the back is obviously further away, but also elevated a little so you can view the stage over the sound people (lower than the bar floor). Like I said call and ask to observe a table. Idk how those work