Strange Days Chicago House of Blues

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 27, 2004
Ye I think someone said it before, but pretty much everywhere in the place is good unless your standing behind fucking Yao Ming haha. Both of the bar areas on the side are kinda curved around the floor so you can see the stage.. The bar area in the back is obviously further away, but also elevated a little so you can view the stage over the sound people (lower than the bar floor). Like I said call and ask to observe a table. Idk how those work
Cool, so where are the tables located at? Is a table better than a bar seat? I am getting really excited about this so I want everything to go right. I need to know if a table is better than a bar seat. & we gotta organize a place to meet before the concert. I will be in the Chi on the 10th. I think we have dinner reserved before the concert and I am going to the meet and greet. Let me know whats up.

May 31, 2007
Yea itll probably be easier to let you know closer to the date because I got like 4 people, and IDK what everyone is doing before the show, or if were all taking one car.. Idk all that shit yet..
Umm The only difference Im pretty sure is location. The 2 bars on the side that outline the main floor but a little higher up, or further in back. Personally Id prefer the side bar, but im not sure man.. There may be pix on the House of Blues Chicago website

Aug 27, 2004
sweet. I guess I will call them and ask if we can sit on the side of the bar then. Please try to find out if a table is better though. So far, I have 6 people that want to go with me, but I only care if myself and another person goes...as long as I get my ass down there. Also, does Tech have an after show that he chills at? Is there any particular Chi-Town club that he would go to after the show? I am coming all the way from Kuwait City so I am getting hella excited. the only other concerts I have been to were the Rock The Bells tour in Honolulu w/ Wu-Tang and Bone Thugs, and a Yukmouth concert in Hawaii too...and a Shiny Toy Guns concert also in Hawaii...so this will only be my 4th concert ever. I am really looking forward to this shit, as well as being back in the states finally.

Jan 30, 2008
Those seats that he's talking about are relatively far back from the stage. I watched from the side bar and I could see really well. Plus, the side bar is where some of the artists will go to get alcohol if you're interested in seeing/talking to them. HOB in Chicago is in a beautiful part of the city as well. I'd like to go, but don't have the cash.. I'm sure you guys will have a great ass time.

May 31, 2007
Those seats that he's talking about are relatively far back from the stage. I watched from the side bar and I could see really well. Plus, the side bar is where some of the artists will go to get alcohol if you're interested in seeing/talking to them.
Yup, thats why I said Id prefer to sit @ the side bar myself. Thanks for also giving input to help the guy, I was hoping someone else would say something. And yea that IS true. I know some peeps from HED chilled there too and @ one Tech show Shawna was on stage and she left through that side and I got a hug cuz I was gettin some water. Oh and Crept, dont get me wrong. Im pretty sure there are a few small tables on the side bar and if not, theres chairs and the railing is made to put your drinks in.. Its wide (if i remember correctly) and kinda like a box so your shit wont spill...But im pretty sure by the bar past the mark where they ID, there are tables (sorry dont pay attention THAT much because I always go straight to the floor and fight my way up

May 1, 2009
Im plannin on going to this, gotta get everything organized first though.

Dont know if anyone on here is on the 'street team' in chicago, but yesterday i saw the posters for Raw and unkutt on the bus stop at ashland and division. Nice spot.

Aug 27, 2004
Nice! Now I am getting really excited about this concert. I already got my VIP tickets and reserved a dinner before the concert at the HOB restaurant. I won't have a state side phone number until the 4th of June. That is when I land in the States. Until then, all I have is a local Kuwaiti cell phone...which will cost too much for people to call me. You guys should P.M. me your cell numbers so when I get my stateside phone I can save it to my new phone...and remember, we still need to find a spot to meet before the concert. Also, remember that the meet and greet will start around 3:00 pm. So we gotta meet earlier before that starts because I think the concert starts at like 5 or 6. We still got some time though.

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
Im plannin on going to this, gotta get everything organized first though.

Dont know if anyone on here is on the 'street team' in chicago, but yesterday i saw the posters for Raw and unkutt on the bus stop at ashland and division. Nice spot.
Havent seen those yet. Did see some K.O.D. posters around that way last year. Surprised I hadn't seen any Dinner and a Movie promo.

May 1, 2009
Man I used to promote hella bands and shit and take pix and all that jazz for street teams.. But I cant get shit from Strange
I dont get my stuff directly through Strange. I just meet up with the leader in my State at certain events and concerts and then he gives me some of his to take back to the area where I live. Maybe you could do that instead of asking Strange to give promo to two people that live in the same area. That may be why they wont give you anything because they already have someone in your area.

May 1, 2009
I never asked them or anything, but I never hear about anyone in the CHI gettin shit. I know Hawke used to promote alot, but I dont see him around no more
Are you talking about Eric Hawke? If so I thought he used to do the Street Team in WI. I never meet him but my current leader told me he use to run it out here. I think hes with Skatterman and Snugbrim now or something.

May 31, 2007
Yea thats who I was talking about. maybe he does, I just always saw him in the tech van around the Chi. He started recognizing me and my friend so we almost got the hook up on some shit, but then I havnt seen him. Haha Speaking of, he handed us hell S&S papers haha

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
Yea thats who I was talking about. maybe he does, I just always saw him in the tech van around the Chi. He started recognizing me and my friend so we almost got the hook up on some shit, but then I havnt seen him. Haha Speaking of, he handed us hell S&S papers haha

That's how I got hooked up with him too. E-mailed him after seeing the Tech van ride past the bus I was on over on the west side. I haven't talked to him since late last year, when he talked about planning to promote Skatterman big time in the Chicago area. Don't think that came to past though. But he's getting around, doing stuff with Freedom Williams (C+C Music Factory), working with S&S of course, etc. Marz has a new cd out on CDBaby and iTunes as well. You can also click on my sig to check out his VHop site, which is updated daily it seems.

MOTHA FUCKERS
KUSH OR REGGO
VODKA OR BEER
THE FUCK YALL WANT!
I always hear people around hear talkin about Kush, so I guess Kush it is!

The local news had a story on Kush...called it "Superweed," like it ws the big new thing in the streets. Shit's been around for a lONG ass time now lol.

...you could always bring the vodka, get a 2 liter of Mountain Dew, and make some Super Dew. Seems like folks abandoned that stuff once KC Tea became the new thing (there's a song about that drink on OGMP supposedly).

May 31, 2007
Super Dew will never be forgotton.. Haha whenever going to a BYOB party, me and my boy empty out 6 water bottles. 3 for each person. Well make one bottle KC Tea, One a Caribeezy, and one Super Dew... IDK how shady it looks pullin random ass drinks in water bottles out my pockets

Jul 4, 2009
"Super Dew" is what caused the incident at the Pearl Room : / but It will be done.
How can you live on the south side and never hear of Kush Bones?!?