OT: Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2006
Why threaten them?
All you have to do is call and tell them you don't want it to be on auto-renewal.
It was because of basically what Zero posted. i put my card in to get some points for a COD map pack. I purchase my xbox gold cards for cheap from various places when they go on sale and put them in when needed. then last feb they decided to charge me for a year of live even though i still had like 2 months left on my card. the previous year they kept sending me emails saying my cards on file were no longer valid and i did nothing about it because they didnt need my card. and apparently after so long of no response they locked my account. i was sooo pissed

Nov 14, 2002
The fact of the matter is, I shouldn't have to call anybody to change the settings of an account when dealing with something so simple.

If I can bank online with no problems, why the fuck shouldn't I be able to manage A MICROSOFT XBOX LIVE account online? They don't mind me entering new credit card info on the website, but they want to make it a pain in the ass to turn off a setting that auto-charges that same card.

I don't know what the confusion is as to why that's bullshit.

Nov 14, 2002
I never had a single problem with the PS3 connection, and I'd rather save my 60 bucks.

I hear that connection thing a lot from people who don't own a PS3 and just want to justify their paying money for what should essentially be a free service.

Jan 29, 2006
I never had a single problem with the PS3 connection, and I'd rather save my 60 bucks.

I hear that connection thing a lot from people who don't own a PS3 and just want to justify their paying money for what should essentially be a free service.
i own both and i have a lot more online problems with my ps3 than i do my xbox. oh and if you pay full price for xbox your a fool. i average paying about 28$ a year for xbox live

Dec 14, 2005
I have both, and PS3 is a much better console overall.

Free online, better exclusives, the controller is far more precise for shooters, blu-ray, internet browser..

I could keep going.. Ive never had these "connection issues" with the PS.. I play online with Uncharted 2 SOCOM and Madden all the time with no problems

I have xbox basically because of GoW.. its collecting dust right now cuz im not paying for live, and any game on both systems ive tried was just as good or better for ps, especially shooters..

Jan 29, 2006
I have both, and PS3 is a much better console overall.

Free online, better exclusives, the controller is far more precise for shooters, blu-ray, internet browser..

I could keep going.. Ive never had these "connection issues" with the PS.. I play online with Uncharted 2 SOCOM and Madden all the time with no problems

I have xbox basically because of GoW.. its collecting dust right now cuz im not paying for live, and any game on both systems ive tried was just as good or better for ps, especially shooters..
see im the exact opposite. I feel the best exclusives are on xbox and i would rather play with a xbox controller than a ps. i could careless about the browser. i use my ps3 for mostly bluray

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
the fact remains if you dont have 60 bucks for year (offering a special right now for 35 for a year) then you aint doin something right with your life.

Id rather have a badass online experience and pay than have the problems ive had/seen with ps3.

No doubt Ps3 is tight but the people using the whole you gotta pay excuse is lame

Nov 14, 2002
What are the PS3 problems that you guys are talking about? I used to be online all night with that thing.

I've spent plenty of time with both consoles and I like them both. I used to think XBL was worth the cost when they had "free" shit like 1 vs 100, but they cut that shit... There's really no fun "community" type shit to do on XBL if you're just trying to pass some time.

You can fuck with PS3 for days and not even play a disc based game...

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
The main problem I have with PS3 is how long it takes before you can even play a new game. You have to download the update, then you have to install the update, then you have to install the game. It takes at least 15 minutes.

Updates on Live take about 30 seconds .

Dec 14, 2005
Thats definitely one thing that aggravates me, but usually the game will have lesser ingame loading because of the install.

Ive never had connection problems with the PS.. I dont know where that comes from, every online game ive played worked fine.

And I agree, 60 bucks isnt a lot of dough for a year of service. But, why bother? Until Gears 3, there really isnt any games for Xbox id want that I cant get on PS.