OT: Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
Zombie wasn't cool enough to warrant keeping a game that I could get 40 dollars for.

The game's I'm waiting for/looking forward to are...

Portal 2
Bulletstorm
Dragon Age 2
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Saints Row 3
Duke Nukem Forever
Borderworlds/Borderlands 2

There are some more, but these are off the top.

Oct 18, 2007
Zombie wasn't cool enough to warrant keeping a game that I could get 40 dollars for.

The game's I'm waiting for/looking forward to are...

Portal 2
Bulletstorm
Dragon Age 2
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Saints Row 3
Duke Nukem Forever
Borderworlds/Borderlands 2

There are some more, but these are off the top.
good list, im waiting for rage, fear 3, doom 4, dragon age 2, the witcher 2, f1 2011, mortal kombat 9, hl episode 3 and of course for diablo 3

Dec 14, 2005
Been playing the Killzone 3 beta recently, that game is the shit.

Plus, the game comes with the SOCOM4 beta aswell.. ima have to pick it up.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
wait, your still alive? its ben what, like 2 years since you posted here?
I posted in may 2010. Hahaha. You can see a direct correlation with major events in my life that have progressively reduced my visits to this forum. New job, this site being banned by our webfilter at work, getting married, birth of my daughter, etc. You know, life changing events sometimes shifts the priority of things? I wouldn't expect 80% of the people who post here to understand those things. Well except maybe N8.

See you in 2012!!!

Nov 14, 2002
Has anybody noticed that even if you went to the Xbox website and turned the "Auto-Renew" feature for your billing options to OFF, they've removed the option to change that feature from the site all together, and RESET the option back to ON?

Now I have to call customer support to get it turned back off, they took money from my account that I never approved of, and I'm pretty sure that when I call the fucking customer support center, they'll turn it off as long as I don't mind them CANCELING the current gold subscription that they ganked me for this month.

Anybody had this problem?

Jan 29, 2006
Has anybody noticed that even if you went to the Xbox website and turned the "Auto-Renew" feature for your billing options to OFF, they've removed the option to change that feature from the site all together, and RESET the option back to ON?

Now I have to call customer support to get it turned back off, they took money from my account that I never approved of, and I'm pretty sure that when I call the fucking customer support center, they'll turn it off as long as I don't mind them CANCELING the current gold subscription that they ganked me for this month.

Anybody had this problem?
yup, i called m$ and threatened them untill the removed my card all together

Nov 14, 2002
Well technically speaking, I already did that and they reset it without my approval. I know that if I did want a refund, they'd give me the run around until I gave up. I've read a lot of reports about it, where they just "credit" your Xbox account for the ten bucks, then say it might take time to get back into your account, and then they do nothing.

So I could see where some people would want to threaten them. It's not exactly about the "please turn this off", but more "Why is this feature turned on without my consent, AFTER I've personally changed it to OFF, and why can't I use the interwebs to change it?"

They've been fucking with that stupid option on their site for years now. First you had to call, then you could change it on the site, and then they took that option down citing "security reasons".

But If I'm already in that section of the site, the fucking security has already been broken. And what's the worst that can come out of it? I DON'T renew automatically next month? Who cares? It's obviously a tactic to gank money from parents who aren't paying attention and don't know better, and it's a huge inconvenience to a regular self-paying customer.

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
The security risk could have been legit but most likely the financial security risk of them not being able to auto scam people out of money is the real culprit.

My microsoft hatred runs deeper than video games and websites. I must say out of all the products they put out I think the xbox is probably the best one they offer.

If they are automatically signing everyone up to lose money without your authorization... I smell class action lawsuit brewing.

best of luck to you guys on fixing the issue

Nov 14, 2002
You explain to me how it's a security risk to have an option to auto renew a subscription or not? I have to log into my account, which holds my personal information. You think if someone has accessed that, I give a fuck whether or not they click "auto renew"? Who gives a shit? How is it a security risk if the motherfucker already hacked the account? You should be able to change that option straight from your Xbox in the first place.

And it's fucking Microsoft. They can't figure out how to make the site secure? Please.

I'm not talking about having to call MS and ask them to turn it off. I'm talking about, I ALREADY TURNED IT OFF MYSELF AND THEY TURNED IT BACK ON, then charged me without my knowledge.