Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
So far Frank Ocean has only been at a few of the east coast shows, the Goblin release show in LA and SXSW with the rest of Odd Future and I think that's it. I'm guessing he probably won't be on the mini west coast tour but I could be wrong.

Jan 9, 2009
They will always have their base of real fans, not just the kids caught up in the hype. If they have to go back to being obscure, I don't think that will effect their music much. Frank Ocean is actually their ace in the hole at this point, he's the buffer zone between OF and the mainstream sound. Not to mention big time artists all keep his name in their mouth and want to collab with him. If anything they'll have to piggyback off him for a second while they formulate a new gameplan. Domo to me is the 2nd most accessible member because weed rap is its own genre in itself nowadays. I think they'll do just fine for now, I see no reason to think otherwise until they release a flop.
youre right about frank ocean.

the guys resume speaks for itself. hes written big songs for multiplatinum artists like beyonce and shit...

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Nah, he is listening to some music called Tween Wave that South Park made up for the show which is literally just people shitting over electronic music. There just happen to be a "Tyler, the Creator" poster in the room. That's the most you see of it though.
i gauge success by if your on southpark, good or bad, you made it.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Just heard it on the shitty computer speakers at work. It was cool and his verse was on point. I just don't think Vince sounds too great over those slower sparse beats though. He needs more going on in a beat and to be able to flow a little faster, that's when he rips it.

I still think his album is going to be dope though.

Nov 7, 2006
He's still under contract with Def Jam but they're letting him collab with OF freely, as long as they get their cut of his earnings of course. I'm sure he'll want to sign with Odd Future Records when his contract expires tho.
ok i see. but with him blowing up i dont think that can even be an ace for odd future since they wont see any of that. and frank is so different and has yet to collab with them on his own shit that i think frank ocean can blow up as his own entity. we shall see though.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
ok i see. but with him blowing up i dont think that can even be an ace for odd future since they wont see any of that. and frank is so different and has yet to collab with them on his own shit that i think frank ocean can blow up as his own entity. we shall see though.
Not to bring it back to the old comparison, but look at Wu-Tang. When they went and did the solo thing, it was with different labels, were they not all still part of Wu-Tang? Did they not keep the collabs going with each other? Didn't they keep the "brand" of Wu-Tang relevant with each release?

While we're on the subject of Frank Ocean, from his tumblr.

billionsoffuck asked: Explain your current situation to your five-years-ago self.

wow. alrite. i’ll give it a shot…

hey chris,

your name is frank now..it’s a long story. your girlfriend is about to break up with you because of the long distance. it’s ok. & that job you’re working..well, you’re gonna have to work there for another year and some months.. & then you’re gonna get fired. you’re gonna work a couple more jobs after that too. nothing glamorous. kinkos and at&t if you really want the specifics. but you’re never gonna be homeless or starving. don’t worry you won’t fail and have to move back to new orleans either. you are gonna get your heartbroken though. twice. if it helps, the first one is gonna be worse than the second. contrary to how it feels, it won’t kill you. in fact it’s gonna help you write an album. yea, you finally finished an album. people like it man. you’re actually gonna write and record hundreds of songs. they won’t all be good and most ppl won’t think you’re talented at first, but you’re going to master your gifts. you’re going to become a lot stronger and wiser..even a little taller. be patient. i mean, you kind of have no choice. and be good to people. i don’t wanna spoil too much for you, but.. you’re on a plane right now to the east coast to work with kanye west & jay-z. it’s all working out kid. you made it.
He can definitely be his own entity but I doubt he would be half as popular if didn't come out of Odd Future. He's also the only member with a verefied twitter account, I assume that's from being on Def Jam tho.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^thats what im tryin to say though. when wutang did there solo shit they kept it wu by shout outs and features with wu members. frank isnt even on the odd future mixtapes and doesnt shout out odd future at all in any of his shit as of now, not sayin he wont but if he keeps it goin the way he has been then he may gain alot of fans and they wont even have the idea he was oddfuture unless they look into it which most people dont do. these are the reasons why i think frank mgiht not be the ace in the hole though. but if he does start repping odd future with some collabs on his shit and shout outs then yeah he's a damn good ace.