Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
i honestly think they hit there peak and can only get higher if they get EARL back. without earl the only hype they will get is from tyler. i also dont think they give a shit which is why they dont care about releasing a ton of shit at there peak. there gonna do what they want and if they make good music in that somehwere then i'll always listen.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
whats that supposed to be nutt? him waking it to a poster of supposedly wolfgang?
Nah, he is listening to some music called Tween Wave that South Park made up for the show which is literally just people shitting over electronic music. There just happen to be a "Tyler, the Creator" poster in the room. That's the most you see of it though.

i honestly think they hit there peak and can only get higher if they get EARL back. without earl the only hype they will get is from tyler. i also dont think they give a shit which is why they dont care about releasing a ton of shit at there peak. there gonna do what they want and if they make good music in that somehwere then i'll always listen.
I still don't get how this is when She is getting a lot more youtube views per day than Yonkers is, is starting to get played on the radio and gain him new fans. Plus Mellowhype is starting to get a buzz themselves (deservedly) have the "re-release" with a video dropping soon that a lot of people are excited for. Plus new stuff from Domo and Mike G hopefully by the end of the year. Hell, lots of people thought Domo's Rolling Papers was better than Wiz's and he is an established artist these days and Domo has just gotten better and better since releasing that album. I'm not denying that Earl coming home wouldn't make it a lot higher but I personally don't think they have peaked yet even without him being around. They are selling out shows in hours in some places to a couple days at most in other places.

Also all the collabs that have been done or in the works. Tyler and Hodgy on the new Pusha-T, song produced by Tyler. Tyler on the Game's new album. Frank Ocean working with Nas, etc.

Just my opinion but like you said in the last part of your post as long as they keep making good music I'll continue to support them as will a bunch of other people even when the buzz does die down, which it will. I just don't personally think it has even peaked yet.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
They will always have their base of real fans, not just the kids caught up in the hype. If they have to go back to being obscure, I don't think that will effect their music much. Frank Ocean is actually their ace in the hole at this point, he's the buffer zone between OF and the mainstream sound. Not to mention big time artists all keep his name in their mouth and want to collab with him. If anything they'll have to piggyback off him for a second while they formulate a new gameplan. Domo to me is the 2nd most accessible member because weed rap is its own genre in itself nowadays. I think they'll do just fine for now, I see no reason to think otherwise until they release a flop.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
They will always have their base of real fans, not just the kids caught up in the hype. If they have to go back to being obscure, I don't think that will effect their music much. Frank Ocean is actually their ace in the hole at this point, he's the buffer zone between OF and the mainstream sound. Not to mention big time artists all keep his name in their mouth and want to collab with him. If anything they'll have to piggyback off him for a second while they formulate a new gameplan. Domo to me is the 2nd most accessible member because weed rap is its own genre in itself nowadays. I think they'll do just fine for now, I see no reason to think otherwise until they release a flop.

I can agree with all that. I'm not 100% impressed with Frank Ocean though... he's got some catchy stuff, but also some really mediocre tracks I've heard him on. I do think that if the right crowd catches onto his sound, then he'll be a hit. Personally, I think the group itself has another 2-3 years before they release anything really impressive. After a good tour, maybe taking some time to put some deep thought into their music, and not rushing might help the overall sound.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^i was always wondering is frank ocean part of odd future records? or is he just signed with defjam? financially OF wont see anything from the talents of frank ocean if he's not with them. and his cd has no member of oddfutre anyway so it's like it's own entity if you will. unless he's cosigned or someshit

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
^^^i was always wondering is frank ocean part of odd future records? or is he just signed with defjam? financially OF wont see anything from the talents of frank ocean if he's not with them. and his cd has no member of oddfutre anyway so it's like it's own entity if you will. unless he's cosigned or someshit

He's part of their group, but on Def Jam.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I can agree with all that. I'm not 100% impressed with Frank Ocean though... he's got some catchy stuff, but also some really mediocre tracks I've heard him on. I do think that if the right crowd catches onto his sound, then he'll be a hit. Personally, I think the group itself has another 2-3 years before they release anything really impressive. After a good tour, maybe taking some time to put some deep thought into their music, and not rushing might help the overall sound.
If you're not a fan of modern R&B you'll probably not be a fan of his. Although I agree, he has a lot of really mundane and damn near boring material out there. Novacane has big potential tho and if they give him a good enough video for it, I think he has a shot at topping Tyler's numbers with it. Yeah they're still young and coming into their own sound.

He's still under contract with Def Jam but they're letting him collab with OF freely, as long as they get their cut of his earnings of course. I'm sure he'll want to sign with Odd Future Records when his contract expires tho.