Living a frugal and humble life

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

JAPE

Sicc OG
Apr 29, 2006
You're a moron. Who was the one starting shit? I didn't bag on no one then came along your bitch ass talking about nobody cares about me, but you got mother fuckers posting in the thread. Ask your mom how she gave birth to a fuckin' shrimp dicking having idiot like your contradicting self.
HAHAHAHAH ok you're right..

you tripped on me when i said somethin about you being single and having a girlfriend hahahah HAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAH
dude just got a fat stick in his ass

Mar 8, 2003
27 years old with a goregous gf who loves me for who I am and not what I have. I've had the finer things in life, but I don't need them now. I gotsta clear all this debt and save all my money. Yes, I do have a savings account.
You sound like a fat guy who has a fat girlfriend. Congrats.

Az-iz

Sicc OG
Apr 21, 2006
Lol!
1.Why go without cable when it's so easy to steal? Ask a crackhead they know someone with the key.
2. Why not move in with GF since you're there all the time and stack the rent money not spent?
3. A house is not an assest it's a liabilty unless your flipping real estate. Good luck with that in this market
4. It's good to be frugal and save more than you spend. But invest your money in something with a high return. Like instead of a house flip some heavy equipment in developing countries
it seems you are trying to reach the American dream the way our parents did, the world has changed but big ups to you!!!

May 27, 2009
I say good for you. Too many people get caught up in buying toys and stupid shit, then wonder why they're broke (again). For the past 4 years my monthly housing costs have been about 10% of my monthly income. I just throw that extra shit in the bank.

I don't understand why when people get a raise or a better paying job, they start spending money like crazy. If you know how to live broke, just step it up a little but keep the spending to a minimum. If you've been broke once, you can end up broke again.

And fuck attracting women that are only attracted to money. The shit I made is mine, no woman is going to spend it.

*edit

And fuck commercial TV. Watching that shit will develop a compulsion in you to spend your money on worthless items. Download your shows with no commercials. Advertising is a science and they've perfected it. Avoid that shit at all costs.

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
all you people saying a house is not an asset are retards. Its just like anything with a market value its gonna dip down and then come back up again. Now is the time to buy anything. My uncle has made millions of dollars through real estate. Now hes holding onto some properties cuz hes got money and knows that now is not the right time to sell.

May 9, 2002
all you people saying a house is not an asset are retards. Its just like anything with a market value its gonna dip down and then come back up again. Now is the time to buy anything. My uncle has made millions of dollars through real estate. Now hes holding onto some properties cuz hes got money and knows that now is not the right time to sell.
True, but not everyone should by a house because its not a smart thing to do financially if you cant afford it.

Again, most people never actually "own" their house.

Nov 24, 2003
all you people saying a house is not an asset are retards.

While technically a house is obviously an asset, buying into the market driven/consumer based social perception that a house is your biggest "saving account" is a mistake.

First and foremost, a house is a place to live. If you make money on that, it's icing on the cake.

Az-iz

Sicc OG
Apr 21, 2006
you just made my point. it sounds like hes flipping, buying low and selling high. He is not counting his home he lives in as an asset its a liability. If you purchase a home to live in under a favorable interest rate, for 15 years you will make less in the long run then a stupid IRA. Even less then if you convert your savings to gold. These are all low risk investments that do not yield a high return. The home you reside in is not a smart investment. Having home ownership is part of the American Dream.

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
you just made my point. it sounds like hes flipping, buying low and selling high. He is not counting his home he lives in as an asset its a liability. If you purchase a home to live in under a favorable interest rate, for 15 years you will make less in the long run then a stupid IRA. Even less then if you convert your savings to gold. These are all low risk investments that do not yield a high return. The home you reside in is not a smart investment. Having home ownership is part of the American Dream.
I understand what you all are saying. My folks bought their house in 1996 for a little over 500k. They put about another 200k into (my grandmother also lives there and renovated the barn/granny unit on the property). Now they property is worth about 1.5 mill and before the housing crash it was worth a little over 2 mill. Thats an asset if you ask me and a good investment.

May 9, 2002
I understand what you all are saying. My folks bought their house in 1996 for a little over 500k. They put about another 200k into (my grandmother also lives there and renovated the barn/granny unit on the property). Now they property is worth about 1.5 mill and before the housing crash it was worth a little over 2 mill. Thats an asset if you ask me and a good investment.
Point taken. However, 1996 ≠ 2010 when talking about the housing market, and that's the key here.

Az-iz

Sicc OG
Apr 21, 2006
I feel you Jack Tracks but if you do the Math when your playing with that amount of money the return on investement is worth about the same as savings bonds and those are a shitty investment. I'm assuming that a 1st mortage on a house like that with a fixed APR, let's say 5% would be from $3,800-$4000 per month. When the house is payed off if we do 15 years to keep the interest low you would net about 500K.
$500K initial investment (principle)
$200K interest
$200k upgrades
$75K Property Tax

If you invested that in savings bonds you would have the same net return. BAD investment when you look at the return. If you buy a home and live in it, its a liability. One of your better liabilities but still so. There is nothing wrong with owning a house but it is not a money maker unless you are flipping them. Higher risk better return. Still a home mortage is easier to get then a business start up loan. So if you take out the equity and invest your money wisley you can win big time in the long run.