Living a frugal and humble life

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
I am doing the same here in the next month. I pay'd off both my cars, I am dumping ATT U-Verse, I am thinking of dumping my cell phone too. I make a decent living but I realize I don't really need all this shit. Got to plan for my kids college.

Props to you for doing all this for a house.

Mar 11, 2011
Sorry to burst your bubble, but a house really isn't an asset and if a house is your biggest asset, then you are in trouble. You are still young though, I'm sure you'll figure it out. Good luck though.
A house sin't an asset, what the fuck kinda balance sheet you lookin at son?
Shit ain't even close to debatable. In this housing market it is less liquid of an asset than it was in 2002 but an asset nontheless.

If your house is worth $200K and you owe $300K that does not mean that your house is not an asset. It means your liability (the mortgage exceeds the worth of the house. Thus making you an insolvent mothafucka.

Apr 5, 2005
Damn prior to this post I thought this dude was fightin the good fight...

Just another lame ass cat that sold all is shit to buy his bitch some red bottoms and a new Miata
I may have went overboard with that comment and that's for sure. I'll own up to that, but at this point in my life I couldn't care less about what cats online think of me because I was able to get my priorities in check.

PS: Gotta love the cats on this board that continue to make unnecessary assumptions.

Apr 5, 2005
I am doing the same here in the next month. I pay'd off both my cars, I am dumping ATT U-Verse, I am thinking of dumping my cell phone too. I make a decent living but I realize I don't really need all this shit. Got to plan for my kids college.

Props to you for doing all this for a house.

Right on. The plan was to enjoy the present while preparing for the future. Living beyond my means wasn't helping me prepare for the future at all. So I had to handle my business and life's good now. About to cop another rental property in the summer. The funds are looking right.

Mar 11, 2011
I may have went overboard with that comment and that's for sure. I'll own up to that, but at this point in my life I couldn't care less about what cats online think of me because I was able to get my priorities in check.

PS: Gotta love the cats on this board that continue to make unnecessary assumptions.
Word...

You end up getting that new crib?

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
I'm actually at work and we do all of our work over the intranet. I got it good. I might get the internet again just to work from home once a week if it's $25 or less, but I'm hella debating about that since I charged up $2000 in online gambling 2 years ago. But since then I've been good.
Bet you 20 Canadian dollars that this shit won't last.