IPhone 4S / iPhone 5 Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 16, 2003
There new voice program looks sick. Siri might just make me move to an I phone.

But Bionic still kicks Apple in its dick lol

Mob Mob Mob Mob!

Aug 16, 2003
So where is the iPhone 5??? And what was the point of releasing this 4s if the 5 is on its way?
I think its just to through Sprint a bone. They just dropped a ton of cash into Apple. They had to do something big for them.

I think that the 5 will be either with Verizon or ATT. More then likely VZW due to the better network..but ATT was there at the beginning so thats always going to be in there favor.

Apr 25, 2002
thats the way apple does it with iPhones - a major redesign, then a spec bump, then a major redesign, etc. the release them roughly every 12 months (in this case it was 16)

iPhone
iPhone 3G (major redesign)
iPhone 3GS (spec bump)
iPhone 4 (major redesign)
iPhone 4S (spec bump)

iPhone 5 is dropping Fall 2012 w/ a major redesign, 4G, etc.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Apple officially: iPhone to Sprint

Associated Press

(Sprint Connection note: For the first time, iPhone news has been anticipated as Sprint news. The big question coming into Apple’s announcement today was whether it would confirm that Sprint would get an iPhone, and whether it would get the first 4G iPhone made for its WiMax network.

So yes and no. There will be a Sprint iPhone, but no iPhone 5 and no WiMax Sprint exclusive.

Apple said the iPhone 4S will sell for $199 with 16 gigabytes of storage, $299 for 32 GB, and $399 for 64 GB. An older model iPhone 4 with 8 GB will go for $99. The iPhone 3GS will be free. All, presumably, on two-year contracts. Preorders on the phones start Friday and delivery on Oct. 14.

No specifics yet on whether those prices and selections and delivery dates apply to Sprint.

The Wall Street Journal reported Monday that Sprint had agreed to buy 30.5 million units, paying a total of $20 billion. That had sent Sprint’s stock into a steep fall, showing the market’s skepticism about Sprint’s ability to sell so many phones and at what looked to be a hefty subsidy to consumers.

Sprint stock had made up about half of Monday’s losses by mid-day Tuesday, and before Apple told us more about the iPhone. By the close of the Apple presentation, the stock was down, ever so slightly.

Sprint could be attractive to Apple because it still offers unlimited, unthrottled data plans — something that no other national carrier does.)

Apple Inc. unveiled a faster, more powerful iPhone on Tuesday in its first major product event in years without Steve Jobs presiding.

New CEO Tim Cook led the show after Jobs, who has been battling health problems, resigned from the post in August.

Cook, wearing a navy blue button-down shirt and jeans, opened by calling his nearly 14-year tenure at Apple “the privilege of a lifetime.” Those in the audience clapped as he entered, but the reaction seemed more muted than what Jobs had recently received.

Cook said the latest iPhone, which came out in June 2010, sold more quickly than previous models, but the iPhone still has just 5 percent of the worldwide handset market.

Apple is hoping to grow that with a new model. The new iPhone 4S has an improved camera with a higher-resolution sensor. The processor is faster, which helps run smoother, more realistic action games. It’s also a “world phone,” which means that Verizon iPhones will be able to useable overseas, just as AT&T iPhones already are.

Apple is including a “personal assistant” application called Siri, which responds to spoken questions and commands such as “Do I need an umbrella today?” It’s an advanced version of speech-recognition apps found on other phones.

The new iPhone also comes with new mobile software, iOS 5, that includes such features as the ability to sync content wirelessly, without having to plug the device to a Mac or Windows machine.

IOS 5 will also be available on Oct. 12 for existing devices — the iPhone 4 and 3GS, both iPad models and later versions of the iPod Touch.

Apple said Oct. 12 will also mark the launch of its new iCloud service, which will store content such as music, documents, apps and photos on Apple’s servers and let people access them wirelessly on numerous devices.

Apple also touted the popularity of its products and unveiled a new line of iPods, including a Nano model with a multi-touch display that promises to be easier to navigate. Apple made no mention of its Classic model, which many people had speculated the company might discontinue.

The event took place in Apple’s Town Hall room, where the first iPod was launched a decade ago. Cook said Apple has sold more than 300 million iPods worldwide so far, including 45 million in the 12 months through June.

The iPhone came six years later and has gained millions of fans, thanks to its slick looks, high-resolution screen and intuitive software. There were 39 million iPhones sold in the first six months of this year.

Apple’s stock fell $11.76, or 3.1 percent, to $362.84 in afternoon trading Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/04/3186386/iphone-news-still-coming.html#ixzz1ZqLKaszf
I've been paying attention to. Being that Sprint is located here near where I live, I know people that work at Sprint Headquarters so they shoot me updates when they can. I have a Sprint Android phone, but have been thinking of switching to an Iphone lately.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
It has the dual core CPU, 1080p video recording, 8MP camera, and Siri voice assistant. The Siri is a 4S exclusive because it needs the power of the dual core chip (so they say)...

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/

Not exactly what I wanted out of a new phone, especially after 15-16 months...but it is a nice upgrade.

Nov 18, 2010
Who really needs 1GB of ram or dual core processors on phones? Knowing you have that speed is nice, but most of the things people use smartphones for on a daily basis will never even come close to needing all that power.

All i want is a bigger screen damnit
if u jailbreak the thing u can need that trust me

i got my shit done up nice, use puffin to run flash in browsers.
use teamviewer or splashtop for 100% remote access
air video, tonido and shit like that to watch or listen to anything on my computer
installous for free apps

these specs are irrelevant to people who just make calls, record vids and check their email but if u got ur iphone like a laptop it is important to multitask and shit.

my bro has galaxy 2, that shit is gay.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Now all the fags can stop coming to my job asking about the iphone 5, fucking fagots. And for all the douchebags that have been waiting for october for the iphone 5 to upgrade, eat shit.