IPhone 4S / iPhone 5 Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
Apple has their iPhone event for 2011 today at 10am and they're either announcing an iPhone 4S or a full blown iPhone 5 with a new form factor.

IPhone 4S is rumored to have an A5 chip, more ram, and new voice commands as a part of Assistant. Same design as iPhone 4, same screen size. :ermm:

iPhone 5 is supposed to be a bigger form factor, 4 to 4.44 inch screen, tear drop design, and thinner than the iPhone 4.

Here's a case design company talking about their new cases for the ip5, with some mock ups of the new design:

http://www.cultofmac.com/120168/is-this-what-iphone-5-looks-like/

There's also a cheaper version of the iPhone 4 that is supposed to be 8GB and start out at $50-$100 on contract.

Latest crazy,big rumor is Sprint is getting iPhone 5 exclusivity for a few months, as part of a 20 Billion dollar deal with Apple. With AT&T trying to eat up TMobile, it would make sense for Sprint to pull a big risk move like this to catch up with the top 2 carriers Verizon and AT&T

Article:

http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/03/sprin...rom-apple-launching-the-iphone-5-exclusively/

Will post updates as they start to roll out

And yes, yes I know....Droid Mobb you beezy, etc.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
Every smartphone out these days has at the very least a 4 inch screen. They've stuck with the same size for 4 years now, time to up it, even if it means going bigger. I always liked the 3G/3GS cause it felt better in the hand with the curved design...the sharp edges and flat sides of the 4 never did feel natural when you held it...i hope this is what they announce today.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
Sources familiar with Apple’s plans have revealed to us that Apple will indeed debut the new iPhone 4S today, featuring an 8-megapixel camera with “enhanced optics” and “more definitive GPS features” thanks to Apple’s new A5 processor.
Their report mirrors much of what has been expected. Apple will released an iPhone 4S today with an 8-megapixel camera and an A5 processor. The only new information is the claim that the new iPhone will have "more definitive GPS features". The site doesn't clarify what those might be.

They also report that the teardrop "iPhone 5" design that we've seen for months is a prototype iPhone "which won't be available any time soon" and the iPhone 4S will have the same dimensions as the iPhone 4. The focus of the new device will be the Assistant recognizer that we've previously profiled.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
im in need of a new phone see if its worth to get the iphone 4S/5 or just get a price dropped 4
If the 4 can still take advantage of all iOS 5 features, and the new phone they announce today looks exactly the same, you probably won't miss out on much if you buy the iPhone 4.

Who really needs 1GB of ram or dual core processors on phones? Knowing you have that speed is nice, but most of the things people use smartphones for on a daily basis will never even come close to needing all that power.

All i want is a bigger screen damnit

May 22, 2006
Ive had the 3G, 3GS, and now I got the 4. My bz got a 4g droid n iPhone shits on it. iPhones are the real smart phone. Others are all off brand wannabes

Dec 3, 2005
my iphone4 with be able to do all the shit that really matters in the new ios5 so there really is no reason for me to go get the new shit just for a slightly bigger screen, 3 extra megapixels in the camera, and from 720p to 1080p in the video, i dont really give a fuck.