DRIVE ~ Ryan Gosling

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
ok so i just seen this shit like 2 and a half hours ago mayne

CAUTION....I DUNNO HOW "SPOILERS" WORK BUT MY POST MAY CONTAIN A VARIATION OF.......now

i went into this movie with little to no knowledge or idea about it...i built my semi assumptions just based on the trailer i watched en route to the theater and previous film screening...

all i can really say at this point is im up in the air...not sure my final thoughts exactly cuz the shit was lightweight complex..at least...more so than i had expected..from he little info i had to work with

i will say..the lead character sarted off lame to me....i was harsh immediately...but as the story unfolded i began to hella dig this "driver" guys character...but just as quik as one wack scene would redeem itself..and have me thinkin this is it..this is the shift where the momentum of dope kicks in and takes over...not quite.sure enuff..another undeniabley(sp) corny moment would surely be next in the line..this kinda up and down continued thru the whole flick..imo at least..savage moments would catch me by surprise..im sayin..some really dope shit..but it just had too much goin on but not enuff at the same time..which doesnt sound like it make sense until u see it.....ill stop rambling here and end with a momentary summary

def. not enuff actual driving scenes=slight fail

slow build up that reaches well thought out and executed twists=win

cupcakin/cap'n save a hoe tactics built in the storyline which can work in doses but arent utilized very well here

ending=not too happy with

overall it def is worth watching..good or bad u will be entertained wich endof the day is a win....
but...i could feel a lil diff tomorrow..like i said im up in the air

Nov 7, 2006
SPOILERS

I went and saw it tonight with my girl. i expected gosling to be a complete typical badass from the trailer but was surprised when they went the route they did with his character. it was like he was autistic or something and it really paid off and helped with build his emotions and character as he was tearing shit up. great movie, can't wait to buy it for multiple views.

Jul 27, 2009
saw it last night and definitely think this is one of the best films of the year. Ryan Gosling killed it and he hardly even had any lines. the car scenes were great, great acting from everyone, and i loved the soundtrack. and this movie was pretty brutal, more than i thought it would be. some girls in the theater walked out for a moment after one of the major scenes because of it. The ending was great.

i'd have to give it a 5/5

Jun 24, 2005
Sorry to go OT, but LMFAO@Jar havin' a sextuple post! WTF???

Haven't seen this yet, looks pretty good, but I'll probably wait until it's on DVD/Blu-Ray

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
might catch some heat for this but I think Ryan Gosling is an extremely good actor. He's done a lot of chick flicks but some of his roles have been impressive.
I said this to my homeboy yesterday. If it weren't for the notebook, he'd probably get a lot more respect from dudes. Fracture with him and Anthony Hopkins is off the hook

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
I just seen this shit like 4 hours ago. Shit was hella coo mane. I didn't know nothin about this movie until I went to see it. I haden't even looked at this thread yet.
I just seen this shit like 4 hours ago. Shit was hella coo mane. I didn't know nothin about this movie until I went to see it. I haden't even looked at this thread yet.

legend.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I'll be hitting this up this week for sure, looks dope. Props for the guys giving a heads up on the spoilers. Aint trying to read them shits yet.

LOL @ Jar and the "~ Ryan Gossling" in the thread title.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
the overall soundtrack and the font they used for the credits did a lot of damage to the overall feel of the movie IMO. they took a legit action/drama/whatever movie and threw lame 80's music and titles on it....frustrated the fuck out of me

other than that, i felt like they took too long to truly reveal Ryan's character traits.

BUT there is good action/driving scenes, some nice plot twists, some good acting and its overall worth watching.

if they fix the music and font problem then i would rank this pretty high for the year

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
It's like Refn decided that making a Driver/Grand Theft Auto mash up needed to be made. Really interesting movie. I tend to move around in theater seats at the movies, but I moved only a couple of times in my seat to readjust. It had me hooked. Albert Brooks was a great villain.

Sep 12, 2005
I definitely enjoyed this film. Side note, how do you get "sufficient rights" to d/l stuff in SiccTunes. I haven't checked sicctunes in so long I guess you need some sort of approval?

Jul 27, 2009
yeah the Screener only has a few songs from the soundtrack, but it also had from The Social Network. and some people are saying that it doesnt have all the sounds and some undone CGI

i guess the only way to enjoy the real movie right now is to watch it in the theatre

Feb 14, 2006
what is the one you have?
the one i have is DRIVE_V10.m4v
You have the one i have. The one in theaters with its original soundtrack/dialogue. Ima watch it tonight but i skimmed through it and the score is 80s music and its all in sync.

Its the h264/MKV version thats supposedly incomplete or different.
Some of these people commenting on the screener on other forums have seen the movie once in theaters but somehow remember the smallest details about it and every difference between the theatrical release and the screener they have lol.