DRIVE ~ Ryan Gosling

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 27, 2009
You have the one i have. The one in theaters with its original soundtrack/dialogue. Ima watch it tonight but i skimmed through it and the score is 80s music and its all in sync.

Its the h264/MKV version thats supposedly incomplete or different.
Some of these people commenting on the screener on other forums have seen the movie once in theaters but somehow remember the smallest details about it and every difference between the theatrical release and the screener they have lol.
yeah it gots the 80's music, and its in sync, and the quality is pretty great for a screener, but a lot of scenes has the Social Network soundtrack instead of the one for Drive. but im reading that its like that becuase it is just a workprint and studios do that all the time.

it just stuck out to me like in the scene where Standard is telling his son how he met her mother, it is playing that opening song from Social Network.

SPOILERS*******

also, on the CGI, it wasnt complete. like in the scene where Blanche gets her head blown off, you see the blood, but her head is fine, all you see is her hed move. thats the only part i noticed, but i havent seen the whole screener yet

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
SPOILER

That scene isn't explicitly graphic in the theatrical cut. Her body is falling off screen to the right and you only see a very quick glimpse of what use to be the left side of her head after the guy shoots her. It happens so quick that you don't get a full line of sight on the wound.

Nov 7, 2006
SPOILER

That scene isn't explicitly graphic in the theatrical cut. Her body is falling off screen to the right and you only see a very quick glimpse of what use to be the left side of her head after the guy shoots her. It happens so quick that you don't get a full line of sight on the wound.
really? when i saw it on opening night it showed it for a long period of time. anyways my girl noticed you never even get to hear what gosling's characters name is. found that kinda cool aswell that you end up learning so much about this character and it never gives a name or even a backstory.

Feb 14, 2006
SPOILER

i read that Refn was forced to cut the Hendricks scene or the head stomping scene by the mpaa. i dont remember which one
SPOILER:

It was the head stomping in the elevator. MPAA considered it too violent so he was forced to edit it. Thats a bunch of bullshit to me.

That Social Network music in the scene you mentioned really stuck out. Ill wait for a blu-ray release so i can watch the movie the way it was intended.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I fucking loved this movie. While I didn't like the soundtrack on an actual music level I thought it fit what they were going for with the movie perfect. There were so many great scenes in the film, I wouldn't even know where to start.

I swear I felt like Driver was damn near autistic or something though lol. But they were going for that Clint Eastwood/Charles Bronson ass kicking type that didn't say much.

9/10

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
Leaked screener - Composer: Angelo Badalamenti

Final Cut - Original Music by: Cliff Martinez

And as far as I can tell now.... all screeners are the same version. Some of the songs are the same in both versions. For instance, the song during the opening credits is the same.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
This screener is tricky as fuck lol it will only play for me on hp media smart, on windows media player the audio don't sync right. I'm only 10 minutes in. Looks dope so far.
Edit: great movie. And I am getting the correct screener now. There is an avi one floating around. Don't get it, hella off sync!

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
i just saw it. it was great. i could tell they were trying to make a film with a strong lead that stands the test of time like a Taxi Driver or a Scarface. i think the film itself will, but the lead wont be as iconic. i highly enjoyed the electronic soundtrack used & immediately downloaded it & am listening to it right now. 8.6/10