Drake Said "REST IN PEACE MAC DRE " IN THIS SONG LISTEN

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
This reminds me of the time when Nelly came out with this song (see bottom video) and everyone was hatting on him cause he aint from the bay and he shouldnt be making songs about the bay bacause of that. I mean dude was showing us love and thats the responce they have for it. So people dont know how to appreciate a shout out i guess

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
Those are big co-signs indeed but maybe he wants to expand his fanbase by tapping into one of the more influential independent artists in a region mad famous for the independent/ underground grind...

Wait who did he shout out again?
The Bay dont even buy Bay area artist Cd's... what makes you think they will switch up and start buying Drakes lol ? Just go pull up the sound scans on local artist and you will see. And his marketing team is the best in the business thats why hes one of the top dudes in music today. Im sure they know that nobody in this region is buying there own local artist music, they have access to all that info. So with that said I think he genuinely shouted out a Bay legend out of love for the region. The Bay looks like a bunch of haters in this thread right now.

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
Look at it this way, Nelly had that Bay song where he mimicked Bay artist & stated in interviews how they influenced him. Nas shouted out Spice 1 and to this day the Bay has not seen nothing from any of that.
Maybe because of just like this site, majority of so called fans and overnight music critics shun it before it can be looked at as something positive for this region....if your a artist/lable and everywhere you go in this regions social networks/marketing you see majority of the people leaving hate comments, or claim they dont have the right to reach out and give props cause there not from here...you probably wont see that artist or label reach out to that region again.

Jan 16, 2004
he name drops mac dre again in the intro to his new album
"my city love me like mac dre in the bay..second album im back paving the way"

lol @ the people getting offended. respect is respect
that's real and all these other niggas aint giving dre NOOOOO love so fuk all that gay talk shit ya'll hella gay for hating on the top rapper out.

Mar 11, 2011
The Bay dont even buy Bay area artist Cd's... what makes you think they will switch up and start buying Drakes lol ? Just go pull up the sound scans on local artist and you will see. And his marketing team is the best in the business thats why hes one of the top dudes in music today. Im sure they know that nobody in this region is buying there own local artist music, they have access to all that info. So with that said I think he genuinely shouted out a Bay legend out of love for the region. The Bay looks like a bunch of haters in this thread right now.
He's got a good marketing team huh? Would it be nutso to maybe assume they employ new marketing and sales strategies that you wouldn't think of? What would be a good way to market to underground bay area rap fans if you are a Canadian rapper? There are plenty of us rap fans out here but you wouldn't know from the sound scans for Shigady, Jerkk and Big Rich albums.

Again tho, Big ups to Drake for shoutin out a legend and Imma go cop "Thank me Later" and this new shit and get pussy to it.

Oh yea and Gemini, you don't think former President Bush callin Kanye a "asshole" was good buzz for dude and played right into his fanbase and market share? It ain't like Kanye needed the buzz but lets face it dude it absolutely helped his image and steezo.

Aight then

Aight then

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
I read somewhere a long time ago that Drake was turned on to Mac Dre when he was younger and was always a fan.......before he died, even. He's spoken abt dre on twitter before.

May 16, 2002
Oh yea and Gemini, you don't think former President Bush callin Kanye a "asshole" was good buzz for dude and played right into his fanbase and market share? It ain't like Kanye needed the buzz but lets face it dude it absolutely helped his image and steezo.

Aight then

Aight then

No, I disagree. Kanye West is a musical genius, but as a person, the man is an idiot. He didn't need the President to tell us. On the contrary, it made Bush look more real.

You seem to take things a bit too personal trying to justify everything you don't want to hear & turning it around by wishful thinking & smoke screens. Perhaps a positivity on your part & I'll give your that, but there is a very fine line between positivity & lying to oneself. It's a fact in your mind, but falls short to the rest of the world because in the end... the world don't give a shit about the Bay. The rap game needs an overhaul and little things like this whole Drake shouting out Mac Dre (R.I.P.) is simply something people like yourself are trying to grab and use a leverage. It meaningless unless everybody from outside feeds into it. Other than that, it remains in a circle within the Bay.

Drake threw a bone in that direction. Relax, too many people getting that groupie effect like, "He said my Homie's name! They're gonna know who I am! Oh, my God! Drake mentioned the city I live in! Oh, my God!" LOL!

Let the rest of the world call it, Homie. And if the time comes when all eyes are on the Bay like in 2004 - 2005 PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Shine to the best of YOUR ability. And don't be a 30 year old going on 6! And let's not have 8,000 wannabe Mac Dre's running around and have the world shut the light out again.

Feb 8, 2003
He's got a good marketing team huh? Would it be nutso to maybe assume they employ new marketing and sales strategies that you wouldn't think of? What would be a good way to market to underground bay area rap fans if you are a Canadian rapper? There are plenty of us rap fans out here but you wouldn't know from the sound scans for Shigady, Jerkk and Big Rich albums.

Drake isnt really just a canadian rapper bc he lived in memphis, tenn on and off with his father. He more of a universal rapper honestly. I like the fact that he stays true to himself no matter what far as rapping goes. hes not out there tryna be tough guy or making videos counting money. He lets his talent sells.

far as big rich and the other dude they not moving big units like you tryna make it seem, i seen the scans for majority of underground bay artists. most not even selling over 10,000 copies some not even 2,000. But what does that have to do with drake & mac dre? You keep bringing up shit thats not linked to the topics bc you trying everything to cover up your hate and lack of knowledge.

Mar 11, 2011
Hella feelin catchers in this thread tho.
Lets just say it was not a bad career move for Ye to have George W. Bush to hate on him repeatedly and pump his name cuz the enemy of ones enemy is ones friend. On that token, one could argue the same for Drake shoutin out Dre at a Bay Area performance (mothafuckin duh right?). That is all.

There are many other plausable motives for Drake too, like he actually been a Dre fan for days like Dana said. I just don't want people to rule out the fact that people shake for dollars.

May 16, 2002
Hella feelin catchers in this thread tho.
Lets just say it was not a bad career move for Ye to have George W. Bush to hate on him repeatedly and pump his name cuz the enemy of ones enemy is ones friend. On that token, one could argue the same for Drake shoutin out Dre at a Bay Area performance (mothafuckin duh right?). That is all.

There are many other plausable motives for Drake too, like he actually been a Dre fan for days like Dana said. I just don't want people to rule out the fact that people shake for dollars.
Blah blah blah...

Feb 1, 2011
Having lived in the bay and Toronto I can tell you that Drake don't get love like Mac Dre do. He's the most urban hip hop artist recognized in T.O but if you had to compare it just isnt the same. Drakes impact on T.O and Mac Dre's influence on the bay are not comparable.

May 16, 2002
^I was tryin to big you up cuz I heard your mop skills are on point. I got respect for all assistant managers at Carl's Jr.

Another great comeback. Right on, Breh!

Having lived in the bay and Toronto I can tell you that Drake don't get love like Mac Dre do. He's the most urban hip hop artist recognized in T.O but if you had to compare it just isnt the same. Drakes impact on T.O and Mac Dre's influence on the bay are not comparable.
I won't argue that, but respectfully: The impact Drake has made worldwide is much bigger than Mac Dre's.

Now, people can argue that if your not loved on your home turf, you can't get respected elsewhere. That's the 2005 mentality along with street cred etc. dead when it comes to this music biz. It's a fact that nine out of ten, your town will show love to an outsider before they show love to the hometown artist. That's why many focus outside their region in hopes that they blow from the outside in.

Mar 11, 2011
Another great comeback. Right on, Breh!

I won't argue that, but respectfully: The impact Drake has made worldwide is much bigger than Mac Dre's.

Now, people can argue that if your not loved on your home turf, you can't get respected elsewhere. That's the 2005 mentality along with street cred etc. dead when it comes to this music biz. It's a fact that nine out of ten, your town will show love to an outsider before they show love to the hometown artist. That's why many focus outside their region in hopes that they blow from the outside in.
*yawwwwwn*

Who the fuck is arueing about Drake vs. MD worldwide acclaim?

If your own region don't feel your music then no other region will. Street cred and all that shit aside and of course there will be haters-a-plenty but every successful rap artist has a strong following on their block, neighborhood, city and region.