Drake Said "REST IN PEACE MAC DRE " IN THIS SONG LISTEN

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 31, 2007
And!!!!!! How many other of these fake ass rap niggaz said rest in peace mac dre. It took this nigga seven years to say that. This old sitcom puppet is just trying to get a bigger fan base. You think drake every really listened to dre???????? This the same dude that said he would cry if Jay-z Died......... GTFOHWTBS

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
exactly or else he wouldve drop some stratch to his fam. thats real respect instead of a generic r.i.p. niggas always be saying they down for a fallen homeboys. well if they really down drop some paper and check in with they parents or kids. extended shout outs not gonna help with the bills.
WTF? So now in order for him to say RIP he has to be funding Mac's family? Everybody on this site has said RIP to Dre and how many of you tracked down his family and shot them $50 bill? You dont have to be rich to help..im sure they would appreciate any amount...

The rules of this game change all the time....now you have to break some bread just to give a shout out to people you dont know personally, but maybe appreciated musically...s--ts crazy...whats next?

Feb 8, 2003
WTF? So now in order for him to say RIP he has to be funding Mac's family? Everybody on this site has said RIP to Dre and how many of you tracked down his family and shot them $50 bill? You dont have to be rich to help..im sure they would appreciate any amount...

The rules of this game change all the time....now you have to break some bread just to give a shout out to people you dont know personally, but maybe appreciated musically...s--ts crazy...whats next?

what im saying is if someone thats got the money really down and riding for somebody who passed like they claim and wanna really do something outta respect then they should contribute. im not talking about just drake only im talking about anyone even rappers on this site that claims to be be his right hand man. Far as drake ofcoarse that muhfucka didnt know dre(he was the lame azz "uncle tom carloton" azz nigga in the wheel chair on degrassi when dre was out) but if he wanna get his brown nosing points and make a boss move at the same time he could buy macs catalog, buy his last unreleased album or verse throw that shit on his album, work deal with his estate anything. thats what im saying.

STS

Sicc OG
Sep 12, 2002
he name drops mac dre again in the intro to his new album
"my city love me like mac dre in the bay..second album im back paving the way"

lol @ the people getting offended. respect is respect

lopro

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
I've never seen people get so protective over someone simply saying rest in peace. Sure, this wasn't thread worthy, but damn.

Nov 8, 2007
yall cry too much!

Drake Opening Track on his sophomore album "Take Care"

opening track "over My Dead body'

"My city love me, like mac dre back in the bay"
that makes 2 tracks he shows his respect. he could have shouted out any city, and any rapper dear or alive and he decided the bay and ma c dre and u guys wanna cry LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit STS beat me to it

May 16, 2002
yall cry too much!

Drake Opening Track on his sophomore album "Take Care"

opening track "over My Dead body'

"My city love me, like mac dre back in the bay"

that makes 2 tracks he shows his respect. he could have shouted out any city, and any rapper dear or alive and he decided the bay and ma c dre and u guys wanna cry LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit STS beat me to it

In the end what benefit is this to anybody? It's funny how so many people in here hate on Drake, but now singing a different tune. Sounds like you think that by him saying that, that it's going to open the flood gates for the Bay. With all due respect, I don't think that will happen. On the other hand I see what your saying though, but I don't really think him shouting out anybody will generate album sales etc. It might get a few here and there, but if it does I hope Mac Dre's family get's royalties off them sales.

Anything other than that, is meaningless.

Mar 11, 2011
In the end what benefit is this to anybody? It's funny how so many people in here hate on Drake, but now singing a different tune. Sounds like you think that by him saying that, that it's going to open the flood gates for the Bay. With all due respect, I don't think that will happen. On the other hand I see what your saying though, but I don't really think him shouting out anybody will generate album sales etc. It might get a few here and there, but if it does I hope Mac Dre's family get's royalties off them sales.

Anything other than that, is meaningless.
Na I think you mighta missed the point, shit ain't got nothin to do with album sales for these new generation poo-butt clowns in the bay. Bay rap died with Mac Dre unfortunately.

I don't fuck wit Drake music but he givin Dre his propers is hella coo. Big ups to Drake's wack ass for shoutin out the legend a couple times. If he is tryin to expand his fanbase off MD then he can just throw his hat in the ring with all these other game goofy motherfuckers that been eatin off Dre's name for 20 + years.

Aight then

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
lol @ anyone thinking Drake is trying to eat of Dre's name like he needs it...he is already in the mainstream and a successful artist ...Even if he wanted to secure the "Bay Area sales" thats only a few thousand records anyway, its not like the Bay is pushing its own artists platinum or anything...At the most Drake is doing it to look "Cool" or it could have been an honest shout out....but since many on here hate him, there has to be a motive behind his acknowledgement of Dre.....lol...I would think ya'll would be more upset if Dre got no love at all...it almost seems like you prefer that...

Mar 11, 2011
lol @ anyone thinking Drake is trying to eat of Dre's name like he needs it...he is already in the mainstream and a successful artist ...Even if he wanted to secure the "Bay Area sales" thats only a few thousand records anyway, its not like the Bay is pushing its own artists platinum or anything...At the most Drake is doing it to look "Cool" or it could have been an honest shout out....but since many on here hate him, there has to be a motive behind his acknowledgement of Dre.....lol...I would think ya'll would be more upset if Dre got no love at all...it almost seems like you prefer that...
Hey you mighta missed it too player. The bay area has about 7 million residents, I would assume that we account for more than a few thousand record sales as one of the top 10 metropolitan population centers in America. If he is doing something to "look cool", I would assume the motive would be too gain popularity which directly effects record sales. It would not be an impossible leap for anyone to assume that using Dre's name to "look cool", which inevitably drives record sales would be eating off his name right? The size of the meal is debatable but eating bigger is the objective off top.

Mar 11, 2011
He obviously doesn't need Dre to make money but winning over Dre fans in a completely fucked off and depleted market might be a smart financial strategy.

As HIM pointed out we aren't pushin our own artists but I wouldn't think that means we are listening to less music. We are just looking elsewhere for the good (Toronoto maybe?)

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Hey you mighta missed it too player. The bay area has about 7 million residents, I would assume that we account for more than a few thousand record sales as one of the top 10 metropolitan population centers in America. If he is doing something to "look cool", I would assume the motive would be too gain popularity which directly effects record sales. It would not be an impossible leap for anyone to assume that using Dre's name to "look cool", which inevitably drives record sales would be eating off his name right? The size of the meal is debatable but eating bigger is the objective off top.
I hear you...I only said a few thousand in reference to a certain market that are financially supporting Bay Area rap artists these days...All 7 million people in the Bay did not follow or care for Dre(not a diss, just being realistic). Of course the Bay Area has buying power with all its residents in general, but that doesnt come along with Dre...So Drake saying Dre's name doesnt give him access to that 7 million residents, but I am sure Drake already has fans within that 7 million you speak of.

He obviously doesn't need Dre to make money but winning over Dre fans in a completely fucked off and depleted market might be a smart financial strategy.

As HIM pointed out we aren't pushin our own artists but I wouldn't think that means we are listening to less music. We are just looking elsewhere for the good (Toronoto maybe?)
This is where the issue again arises....it would be a "smart financial strategy" if him saying Dre's name will equal to more record sales....it might equal to possible more downloads, but significant record sales just because he said his name? I dont think so...I know this board doesnt represent the Bay as a whole, but how many people will automatically buy or download Drake's new album because he gave Dre a shout out?

Him saying Dre's name doesnt HURT his sales though, but I refuse to believe it will increase it...if it does, it wont be significantly...If people people are just listening, but arent financially supporting then that really isnt helping Drake in this economy either...but I would agree that a musical fan that only downloads is better than no fan at all...lol

Feb 8, 2003
People on here be hating on drake hard outta jealousy or bc he successful. its funny how drakes new take care album is shittin on anything released from the bay in the last few years. he may be mainstream(who cares he grinded from the bottom like anyone else) but drake got skills spits with his original style and sound. his shit go together with teh beats perfect. atleast he isnt puttin on a lame ass gimmick like kreyshawn, lil b, v-nasty, gucci and all them to try and sell. he just being himself and proving to everybody to just be yourself.

Feb 8, 2003
drake dont need mac dre name to sell. he been already had the top sellers of rap (wayne, nicki, eminem, jay-z) co sign him and he all ove every single radio station rather its his songs or him featured. not to sound funny but drakes last album sold more then dres whole catalog. lets just look at it as a rapper just rhyming and at the same time sending shout out, and in the second one doing a metaphor. its not serious for people to argue and blow shit out of proportion on here when truth is nobody gonna check for mac dre bc them shot outs. i gurantee u that them lines will go over majority of peoples heads.

Like i said if someone really wants to rep they dead homie to the fullest drop some cash to the family.

Feb 8, 2003
Man, you send mixed signals with your music interests lol
why bc im not bias or a dickrider? i call it how it is drake not even one my favorites but i give him credit his new album is good. I know its not gangsta or trap shit but i have a universal taste in music and open mind. im the type i can blast some old school rap then put on the new z-ro or Drake then the new tyrese album.

lopro

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
Nah I hear you that you like the album but it just seemed like you were anti-Drake a page back saying he should pay his family. I'm probably tripping, just seemed weird.