Drake Said "REST IN PEACE MAC DRE " IN THIS SONG LISTEN

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
Nah I hear you that you like the album but it just seemed like you were anti-Drake a page back saying he should pay his family. I'm probably tripping, just seemed weird.
you misunderstood what i was saying How was i anti drake? I said if drake or anyone (nigga or rappers that post on here too) wanted to make a real statement and show dre some real love then put some bread out to the family since the thread starter was making this a big deal.

and if you ask me i think drake was just flowing and that came to mind. far as we know earlier he couldve been on the net and seen a mac dre thread or a dre cd couldve been in front him. any way it goes this shit not important its not like its gonna draw attention to the bay or dre lets be real.

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
I say embrace it, that can be a good open networking line for the cutties. Im sure he would be more open now to networking with Crest artist since he shouted there dude out and showed respect to Dre. Others can say its a attempt at just gaining more fans but thats all speculation, you dont know if he has dre music or not... somebody from those camps in the crest should be trying to reach out now imo.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
mind you, i have no knowledge of the rap game from behind close doors but it cant be much more than turf politics..with that said i really doubt drake would work with anyone from the crest. the guy is "on top" of the rap game, just because he shouted out the late great MD doesnt mean he will be like "oh, thats your folks i repped, of course i'll get in the booth!"

shit, that would be cool on his part, but i just dont see it happening. it would take some networking for that to happen but shit..who knows? what do i know? maybe through berner or stretch or 40 but if that really? cali is so divided that who looks out for anyone but them selves anyways?

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
mind you, i have no knowledge of the rap game from behind close doors but it cant be much more than turf politics..with that said i really doubt drake would work with anyone from the crest. the guy is "on top" of the rap game, just because he shouted out the late great MD doesnt mean he will be like "oh, thats your folks i repped, of course i'll get in the booth!"

shit, that would be cool on his part, but i just dont see it happening. it would take some networking for that to happen but shit..who knows? what do i know? maybe through berner or stretch or 40 but if that really? cali is so divided that who looks out for anyone but them selves anyways?
you will never know unless somebody trys

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
If Drake wasnt good at what he does he wouldn't get paid as much as he is getting paid. 20 siccness users are going to rebuttal this statement just because I made it. Lil B gets paid because hes good at grabbing attention, same with Kreayshawn...both might not be the best in the game but to be put on the front lines as todays emerging artist there has to be something there doing right to get that attention or to have the teams they have that helps them get to the top.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
And!!!!!! How many other of these fake ass rap niggaz said rest in peace mac dre. It took this nigga seven years to say that. This old sitcom puppet is just trying to get a bigger fan base. You think drake every really listened to dre???????? This the same dude that said he would cry if Jay-z Died......... GTFOHWTBS
If E40 died I would cry lol

May 16, 2002
you misunderstood what i was saying How was i anti drake? I said if drake or anyone (nigga or rappers that post on here too) wanted to make a real statement and show dre some real love then put some bread out to the family since the thread starter was making this a big deal.

and if you ask me i think drake was just flowing and that came to mind. far as we know earlier he couldve been on the net and seen a mac dre thread or a dre cd couldve been in front him. any way it goes this shit not important its not like its gonna draw attention to the bay or dre lets be real.

Exactly my thoughts. I was thinking Drake probably wrote that song after having a show in the Bay. And pretty much, that's where it ends.

The problem is most of the people in this thread want to take that one line & make it bigger than what it is.

Look at it this way, Nelly had that Bay song where he mimicked Bay artist & stated in interviews how they influenced him. Nas shouted out Spice 1 and to this day the Bay has not seen nothing from any of that.

Keep grindin'. There are no free rides in this game. Don't ride coat tails... no matter what, we still got to do for ourselves to the best of our ability. Just because your homie or whatever shines doesn't mean your shinin'. Your simply a reflection off his shine & you still need your own.

Keep it movin'!

Mar 11, 2011
drake dont need mac dre name to sell. he been already had the top sellers of rap (wayne, nicki, eminem, jay-z) co sign him and he all ove every single radio station rather its his songs or him featured.
Those are big co-signs indeed but maybe he wants to expand his fanbase by tapping into one of the more influential independent artists in a region mad famous for the independent/ underground grind...

Wait who did he shout out again?

May 16, 2002
The President of the United States of America called Kanye West a, "Jackass." After the whole Taylor Swift incident.

It didn't do much more for Kanye...

Wake up fellaz!

It means NOTHING!

May 16, 2002
BREAKING NEWS

Drake said, "Palm Springs" on track #10 "Lord Knows feat. Rick Ross."

Prediction: Palm Springs is about to blow up on a musical level.