Did Harbaugh's arrogance cost the 49ers a shot at the Superbowl????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Did Harbaugh's arrogance cost the 49ers a shot at the Superbowl?

• Yes, it did.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No, it didn't.

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • I don't care, I would give him a handy if I ever saw him in public.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • He will be known as a horshoe playing coach where almost counts....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 12, 2004
Lmao that argument is fucking dumb. The point is NOW, in the PRESENT the Niners just lost in the NFC championship game and have established themselves as one of the upper tier teams for the future. Your team STLL sucks today the same way it did 10 years ago.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
yall take the internet way to seriously, like you take your reputation on the internet surrounded by unknown entities way to seriously or ur internet karma or somethin I dunno, I will never be able to look at the internet or forums or websites that way but thats just me, Defy I made a analogy u missd it and you called out my kush game and I aint haven it,. N I will admit I am not as cultured as these two white collar raider fans, but dont give me that when your grown shit im 25 n was workin full time since an early age its just a funny comment to me and if you look at it, I almost never post in Raider threads, I got zero in the raiders season thread, the offseason thread, about 90 percent of raider threads I dont touch so its not even trollin
Your analogy sucked and Eli smoking hydroponic indoor purple kush hybrid with hella fuckin trichromes. and tom brady is smoking penis. you try to be super tough hard guy when most here are just trying to chat about sports. you're young, you'll grow up eventually and you'll be able to talk about big boy sports with us men soon. if ironlungs can do it, you can do it too!

Dec 9, 2005
this makes me LOL cuz it would mean something coming from a team whp has been to the playoffs more than once in that time frame, and in that weak of a division.

What does that have to do with anything?

Funny how you guys take so much time out of your day to worry about my team. I could give a fuck less about the Raiders.

I was saying that maybe guys like you, and radiostationrep, feel it necessary to come and hate on the 49ers, because your team gives you nothing to cheer for.

Mar 12, 2010
i am just wondering again how was Jim Harbaugh arrogant? his team get screwed on a fumble not being called which could have sealed the game and in the end it was an overtime loss on a stupid mistake that cost them the game so how was it exactly his arrogance???

Jun 23, 2005
What does that have to do with anything?

Funny how you guys take so much time out of your day to worry about my team. I could give a fuck less about the Raiders.

I was saying that maybe guys like you, and radiostationrep, feel it necessary to come and hate on the 49ers, because your team gives you nothing to cheer for.

my bad bro i took a minute of my life to talk about the niners ill leave you alone now lol

Mar 11, 2011
Kyle Williams is easily our 2nd best return man. I don't question for a second putting him in there to return those kicks. Hindsight is 20/20.

This whole thread is retarded. A rookie coach comes in and with essentially the same team that went 6-10 last year, goes 13-3, and a couple of boneheaded plays from the Super Bowl.

radiostationrep, I know you're just sour because your team hasn't played football in January since you were 25, but you're reaching with this one.
DID YOU WATCH THE GAME??????????

I don't give a fuck what Kyle Williams looks like in practice or in other games - he was as uncomfortable returning puts as anyone I have ever seen back there that is playing at a level above Junior Midgets. Keep in mind we talkin PR's not KR's.

Not hindsight it's foresight - When he signaled fair catch when there wasn't a Giant within 20 yards in the 1st Q that shoulda been a sign. When he fumbled that reverse that was THE PERFECT play call for that moment in time, that should have been a sign as well.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
this dude in the comment section called it a year ago

http://www.examiner.com/san-francis...k-to-take-wr-kyle-williams-from-arizona-state

"Get ready to have your hearts in your throat whenever Williams is on the field, Niner fans. This dude is so unpredictable and takes crazy chances with the ball. He lacks concentration and drops and fumbles more passes and punt returns in important situations than anyone I've ever seen. In fact his very last play of his ASU career was a fumbled punt return in the biggest game of the year vs our rival Univ of AZ. The score was tied just a minute or so on the clock. U of A was punting. Everyone's thinking o.t.. All he had to do was catch the ball and take a knee or run it a few yards. But no, he wanted to be a hero and already had his mind running up the field before he even caught the ball. It went right through his hands, bounced off his leg and U of A recovered it. They went on to score a FG. Game & season over! Fans left stunned! Williams is very inconsistent. It doesn't matter if he runs a 4 flat you got to have the ball in your hands first! He can go from hero to zero in 4.3 too

Dec 9, 2005
DID YOU WATCH THE GAME??????????
I was AT the game.

I don't give a fuck what Kyle Williams looks like in practice or in other games - he was as uncomfortable returning puts as anyone I have ever seen back there that is playing at a level above Junior Midgets. Keep in mind we talkin PR's not KR's.
Obviously, but he was the best punt returner on our team who was able to play. End of story.

Not hindsight it's foresight - When he signaled fair catch when there wasn't a Giant within 20 yards in the 1st Q that shoulda been a sign. When he fumbled that reverse that was THE PERFECT play call for that moment in time, that should have been a sign as well.

Right, but again...he was our best return man available. Not sure if you could tell on TV but it was misty and ugly as fuck out there. Not trying to excuse his play, but even after his fuckups, I'd still trust him back there. He did a good job on punt returns in the regular season when called on, and even broke off a 40 yard KR in that game.

Mar 11, 2011
I was AT the game.

Obviously, but he was the best punt returner on our team who was able to play. End of story.

Right, but again...he was our best return man available. Not sure if you could tell on TV but it was misty and ugly as fuck out there. Not trying to excuse his play, but even after his fuckups, I'd still trust him back there. He did a good job on punt returns in the regular season when called on, and even broke off a 40 yard KR in that game.
Sittin in Section 4 row 18 seat 20 baby tailgated for 3 hours by the H pole in paid parking so I was pretty familiar with the conditions at the stadium that day.
If he was the best man for the job then I would have had nobody back there or have somebody with hands like Delaney (has returned punts before, obviously for ball security not to break nothin).
AND we are talkin about PRs not KRs as specified in previous posts.

Dec 9, 2005
You would have had nobody back there? That isn't even an option bruh. Delanie? Do you know how many punt returns he had this season? ZERO. He would have been more of a liability than Kyle, if you ask me.

Nobody was thinking about ball security, because Kyle was the easy choice. He's explosive and get pick up yards. Don't recall him ever having trouble in the fumble department this year.

Like I said, it's easy to look back at the game and say "He shouldn't have played."

There's a reason why he did play. The coaches trusted him, and thought he gave us the best chance. I agree, and still do (with Ginn out), despite the outcome.

Mar 11, 2011
Nobody back on a PR means touchbacks or the gettin the ball where it's down by the Punt Team. Those being the only two options and both of those options being much better than TOs (2 of em). I would have to say that nobody would have been a much better PR than Williams.

I agree that Williams was by far the best option to start the game. However, Harbaugh sticking with him despite 5 or so horrible PR decisions througout the game (sometimes even multiple shitty decisions on the same fucking play) reminded me of losing $200 in roulette but sticking with it through the weekend to end up losing a grand.

Nobodies perfect but following bad decisions with worse decisions is inexcusable.

Feb 12, 2004
Look dude having nobody back there is retarded. Yes, KW fucked up. But he was the best option the Niners had and nobody had any worries at all about this before the game. I'm lucky enough to be able to watch the games with the greatest punt returner in the history of the Niners(motherfucking #82 JT) and we knew from the get go the nerves were getting to Kyle and he was doing dumb shit from his first play. The kid isn't a bad player tho.

Dec 4, 2006
I think our better choice to P/K returner would had been Reggie Smith ...but no, they went with Kyle instead..

I watched Sounds FX on the NFL Network today ...that shit was painful...

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
this dude in the comment section called it a year ago

http://www.examiner.com/san-francis...k-to-take-wr-kyle-williams-from-arizona-state

"Get ready to have your hearts in your throat whenever Williams is on the field, Niner fans. This dude is so unpredictable and takes crazy chances with the ball. He lacks concentration and drops and fumbles more passes and punt returns in important situations than anyone I've ever seen. In fact his very last play of his ASU career was a fumbled punt return in the biggest game of the year vs our rival Univ of AZ. The score was tied just a minute or so on the clock. U of A was punting. Everyone's thinking o.t.. All he had to do was catch the ball and take a knee or run it a few yards. But no, he wanted to be a hero and already had his mind running up the field before he even caught the ball. It went right through his hands, bounced off his leg and U of A recovered it. They went on to score a FG. Game & season over! Fans left stunned! Williams is very inconsistent. It doesn't matter if he runs a 4 flat you got to have the ball in your hands first! He can go from hero to zero in 4.3 too
yeah chree showed me this after the game. dude needs to go. dude is a certified choke artist. and history will repeat itself.

Dec 4, 2006
why can't crabby do returns, doesn't he have good hands? all you needed was someone to secure the ball and not turn it over. garbaugh fucked up.

Hater post? ha ha lol@calling him "GARBAUGH" ...

why Crabby can't return? because he doesn't have the speed to be a returner you dumb shit....

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
why was ginn out anyway? it better have been some significant injury to keep him out of the championship game

all in all you can call harbaugh this, you can single out certain players and say they did this or didnt do that, but alex smith went 1 for 13 on 3rd downs. you can blame alex smith for that but give some credit where credit is due, new yorks defense did their job when it counted the most, on third down, and thats largely why the giants won.

shout out to rocky bernard 6'3 301 lb DT for the giants, ex-seahawk, used to be my favorite seahawk player, i saw you out there. even after they punched him in the mouth and drew blood on some dirty ass shit he hung in there. i hope rocky bernard sacks tom brady and does the sugar bear shake during the superbowl, lol

[video=youtube;8a3w8RnP7LU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a3w8RnP7LU[/video]

Mar 11, 2011
Look dude having nobody back there is retarded. Yes, KW fucked up. But he was the best option the Niners had and nobody had any worries at all about this before the game. I'm lucky enough to be able to watch the games with the greatest punt returner in the history of the Niners(motherfucking #82 JT) and we knew from the get go the nerves were getting to Kyle and he was doing dumb shit from his first play. The kid isn't a bad player tho.
That was my point man, yes.

Before the game I don't give a fuck but have the discipline to pull his ass when he ain't with it. He's not a terrible player no, but I never want to see him in a NIner uni ever again.

Watchin Kyle Williams play football in a niner jersey ever again would be horrible. I benched his ass in Madden every time I play now