common smashing drake again !

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
common was speaking for alot of peoples 'opinion' about drake

he isnt the sole person on earth that feels like that

just two things, one technically common paved the way for 'soft rap' via one day itll all make sense/electric circus

so to me, drake owes common/andre/ceelo for having a lane and thats IMO so i dont wanna argue it

erykah badus singing on a hip hop album was damn near sacraligious to me at the time

and lastly, i wouldnt try to battle anyone who did what he did to ice cube

ice cube at that time frame was like a 10x harder opponent than something like drake

imagine drake dissing ice cube, do you know how bad that would turn out

drake didnt even win a battle against a nigga that tattooed 'drake' on a girls forehead

much less seasoned rap vets

lmao at common saying 'you black and white tryna live a niggas life' when common was the most light skinned nigga in hip hop until drake came around, that shit is just super comedy to me. that line was super hateful lmao

i kinda knew he was gonna go in when he said 'my motto is, chicago bitch" ....thats chicagoans for you...he had to put all of chi on his back for that one and when you get LEP in your city you better spit something hard

why do i have this weird feeling if this shit gets any bigger of an issue that kanye is gonna come out of nowhere?

Feb 8, 2003
Sir, a "failed" dis would not garner a response. I'm not exactly following you on how this "backfired" on Common. He achived exactly what he set out to do. Drake screwed himself by having an ego and speaking out. Had he not responded, "Sweet" would just be left as yet another song by Common that people speculate about. And while I do agree that Common was on some other ish during his Electric Circus days I don't think he was "gay" just "different". Gay, sir, is embracing another man while kissing him smack dead on the lips.

And Resurrection and Like Water For Chocolate are solid albums, sir.

I see this must be your alternate siccness account.

Feb 8, 2003
Birdman is a nigga with money He not gonna get his hands dirty personally and if u from the streets that mentality is gonna be in you forever nomatter how much money and fame you have. Also this beef is over Serena Williams bc Drake started fucking with her and Common caught a sucker attack.

I saw this online

Dec 14, 2011
Sir, P and Pimp C had personal issues that had little to nothing to do with rapping. It's not even relevant here seeing as Common is just another rapper throwing shots at a YMCMB rap artists. Birdman isn't going to do a thing, just like he (and his brother Slim) didn't do a thing when the bums Spider Loc and 40 Glocc tried to confront them over Waynes lyrics. Which was a million times worse than what Common is doing.

I see this must be your alternate siccness account.
Huh? Are you having paranoid, delusions, sir? I'm sure you can find plenty of mental health help and hot lines through google, sir.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
Just had to laugh about the comment about Common only having 1 good album tho, I feel sorry for you that his music is going over your head and you actually on some groupie following trends shit but oh well...kids these days...1 day when your old enough you probaly will be able to see what it means to be a real artist.

Apr 20, 2005
i believe bidrman would actually hire some goons. if i had the money like he did i would. and im sure alot of yall would too. common just hasnt gone far enough yet.

Feb 8, 2003
Just had to laugh about the comment about Common only having 1 good album tho, I feel sorry for you that his music is going over your head and you actually on some groupie following trends shit but oh well...kids these days...1 day when your old enough you probaly will be able to see what it means to be a real artist.

im not no kid im 31 years old i heard all common albums when hey dropped I was a teenager in his era. BE is his best album imo. Nigga your opinion isnt no stronger then mine. so hop off this dong already speaking on stuff u know nothing about and im far from some groupie trend. I said drake isnt even one of my top 50 favorite artist but I give him props and he a good rapper. so go back and reread or close your mouth you the one looking like a groupie with your failed attempt of singling me out bc youre jealous your chick wanna fuck drake and im not overrating common.

Point is Common not wrecking no careers even Ice Cube came out winner in they little feud. Luda drake diss was way harder then Commons disses. Hate him or love him Drake is the top nigga in rap right now and YMCM has the most people riding with them then any other label right now.

So theres no need for anyone in this thread to fight each other over this romance triangle its a big internet joke and not serious unless it gets to where the goons come out.

Feb 8, 2003
i believe bidrman would actually hire some goons. if i had the money like he did i would. and im sure alot of yall would too. common just hasnt gone far enough yet.
exactly and he wont go that far either bc he dont want non. he is a mamas boy in the church choir. He a good rapper but not the almighty couple in this thread is making him out to be shit Kanye a better rapper then him. at the end of the day he mad at drake over a female and tried going out his way to make him look bad and sell albums but it didnt do nothing to drakes career Drake still headlining tours.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
ice cube didnt win that common battle. the bitch in you is a super classic. imo of course.
cube won the war
you guys are lookin at it from a hip hop standpoint. me and ces lookin at it from a business standpoint. at the end of the day in the this game you wanna be successful and make millions.
it was a good song, and it had some truths to it. at the end of the day it didnt do shit to his career.
50 cent killed jarules career
T.I. killed lil flip's career
Dj Quik killed MC Eiht's career
etc
imo

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
I am looking at it from a hip hop perspective, truth. From a business perspective tho?? It's a wash IMO. Common didn't do shit to cube's career, and the same is true vice versa. The rap battle had zero effect on either of their careers, looking back on the long term. Cube just ended up being more successful because of the moves he made. Common's success, or lack thereof, had nothing to do with the cube beef.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Fiddy did ruin ja rule's career tho. And in the game, yes, the point is to cash out and make millions, I guess. Me personally? I can't separate selling out versus the success of getting money. The rap game has evolved in that way. now, it is considered success if a rapper goes corporate. back in the day tho? going corporate was the ultimate sin (so to speak) in the rap game, and was the definition of selling out (like hammer's taco bell and British knight commercials making tribe called quest pissed off).

nowadays,the rap game is concerned with clothing labels, high fashion, gucci backpacks, and how much money one has in their pockets. You know who else be on that same hype? Broads. The rap game has turned into a buncha broads trying to floss.

Call me old school but I don't fuck with that type shit. And I am all about getting that six figure plus type incomes. But to take care of the fam, not to throw my successes in the next man's face. Iono. That's just me.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
Might be hard to believe but not every chick wants to fuck drake and some chicks have actually brains enough to see hes a fraude because I dont know any except the 13years old that want to fuck him....and commons ressurection album was his best work most people will agree on that and even if your 31 your still stuck listening to 13years old music and thats even worse...so I still feel sorry for you.

Dec 14, 2011
cube won the war
you guys are lookin at it from a hip hop standpoint. me and ces lookin at it from a business standpoint. at the end of the day in the this game you wanna be successful and make millions.
it was a good song, and it had some truths to it. at the end of the day it didnt do shit to his career.
Sir, how did Common lose from a "business" standpoint? Last I checked he's been in numerous films, has a hit TV show, and all types of major endorsements from the Gap all the way on down to Ciroc Vodka. That's success, sir. If anything he "lost" because he is doing (or has done) everything he attacked Cube for. But... who really cares about Cube.. or any rappers business affairs unless you're taking a cut of the check? The shit is irrelevent..

The fact is... Cube started up a fued with Common and Common ended it, period.

Cube kept on truckin while Common was still tryna make a name for himself outside of the hip hop scene.
Sure he did, sir. Doesn't change the fact that he got verbally raped. LOL@You people thinking diss songs are only good if they end a career...