common smashing drake again !

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
considering Cube absolutely destroyed other rappers he was beefen with, id say Common get major props just for holding his own

Apr 25, 2002
Sure he did, sir. Doesn't change the fact that he got verbally raped. LOL@You people thinking diss songs are only good if they end a career...
do you really think the dude who roasted the remaining NWA and their manager couldnt get on Common more than what little he did on Westside Slaughterhouse and Hoo-Bangin remix? that wasnt a battle. Common had a song and Cube had a couple bars on a couple songs. it finished before it started. that "battle" got Commons name more known through out the West Coast. and got his name known more through out hip hop, period. Commons a business man before he is hip hop. if you choose to believe other wise then hopefully Drake goes on him over the Jonas Brothers-Dont Charge Me For The Crime beat.

T-Rip: i give him dap for the same thing. but cats think Cube ran to Nation Of Islam to get peace. dudes give Common waaaay too much dap for that one. he didnt kill shit.

Feb 8, 2003
cube won the war
you guys are lookin at it from a hip hop standpoint. me and ces lookin at it from a business standpoint. at the end of the day in the this game you wanna be successful and make millions.
it was a good song, and it had some truths to it. at the end of the day it didnt do shit to his career.
50 cent killed jarules career
T.I. killed lil flip's career
Dj Quik killed MC Eiht's career
etc
imo

EXACTLY

and at the end of the day and in history thats all that will result and matter. For example
KRS One had lyrical songs bacK in the day but he didnt do shit that gets cherished now but we hear other artist from his era old songs being bumped on tv commercials etc now.

Common's diss to cube cant add up to what cube has done. cube dropped some grown break shit like FRIDAY, NEXT FRIDAY, THE PREDATOR, DEATH CERTIFICATE for example. Common hasnt done that yet if anything he is following in cubes lead notice how he acting now.

Dec 14, 2011
do you really think the dude who roasted the remaining NWA and their manager couldnt get on Common more than what little he did on Westside Slaughterhouse and Hoo-Bangin remix?
Sir, I feel what you're saying here.. Hell, I was one of the cats anticipating Cubes response back to Common, but for whatever reason, it never happened. He could have? Maybe, we'll ever know.. IMO Westside Connection era Cube was already a shell of his former self and was nowhere near the rapper he used to be, even tho he had some decent verses. He was BARELY able to roast Cypress Hill, that's how far he'd fallen off at that point.. Can't forget Kam lyrically spanking him either.

Common had a song and Cube had a couple bars on a couple songs. it finished before it started.
Sir? Is it Common's fault Cube called hm out? Was it Common's fault Cube jumped into a battle half assed? They didn't even "squash" their beef until nearly 2 years after Bitch In Yoo dropped. Not only that but Com went out to LA while they were "beefing" and performed the song at the House of Blues. So he (along with Mack 10 and WC) had plenty of time and opportunities to get at Common...

Commons a business man before he is hip hop.
Name one artist who isn't.

Feb 7, 2006
I don't know why we trippin both these niggas gettin bread from some type of media, and the disses haven't done shit to either of them.

Feb 8, 2003
Sir, how did Common lose from a "business" standpoint? Last I checked he's been in numerous films, has a hit TV show, and all types of major endorsements from the Gap all the way on down to Ciroc Vodka. That's success, sir. If anything he "lost" because he is doing (or has done) everything he attacked Cube for. But... who really cares about Cube.. or any rappers business affairs unless you're taking a cut of the check? The shit is irrelevent..

The fact is... Cube started up a fued with Common and Common ended it, period.

Sure he did, sir. Doesn't change the fact that he got verbally raped. LOL@You people thinking diss songs are only good if they end a career...

theres a difference in just playing in a movie and leading role. also wats the common tv show u speak of?

thats just your opinion about common verbal raping cube. we all know common your favorite rapper but you're overating him and giving him more credit then hes worth. dude been out since 1990 and just started blowing up in the mainstream like that is when he had networked with kanye west. Only reason he even got his recent fame or being talked about now was bc his affiliation with kanye west. lets be real if he would never signed to kanye then he wouldnt even be on the radar in this day and age he will be at the rap rehab somewhere with craig mack & rakim.

Feb 8, 2003
Might be hard to believe but not every chick wants to fuck drake and some chicks have actually brains enough to see hes a fraude because I dont know any except the 13years old that want to fuck him....and commons ressurection album was his best work most people will agree on that and even if your 31 your still stuck listening to 13years old music and thats even worse...so I still feel sorry for you.

Im far from being stuck listening to drake honestly i havent listened to his take care album since the week it dropped. you look stupid bc you actually took to the heart when i said chicks wanna fuck drake hahaha. like i said your opinion dont change mine. so stop it slime and move on.

Dec 14, 2011
theres a difference in just playing in a movie and leading role. also wats the common tv show u speak of?
Hell on Wheels.

And...Umm, yeah, sir... The differences don't really mean much.

thats just your opinion about common verbal raping cube.
Umm No, sir, it's not just my opinion. Most people including most every credible hip hop journalists of the past 20 years agree that Common spanked Cube on "Bitch In Yoo".

we all know common your favorite rapper but you're overating him and giving him more credit then hes worth.
Sir, congratulations on your mind reading skills, this is news to me... that Common is my favorite rapper. And, hey, if posting FACTS mean "I'm giving him more credit than he's worth". Then, yeah I'm definitely giving him more than he's worth. LOL

dude been out since 1990 and just started blowing up in the mainstream like that is because of kanye west...
Huh? Sir, he's had a steady fan base since Like Water For Chocolate his FIRST gold album which came out 4 or 5 years before he was working with Kanye West.

lets be real if he would never signed to kanye then he wouldnt even be on the radar in this day and age he will be at the rap rehab somewhere with craig mack & rakim.
LOL@Comparing Craig Mack and Rakim. Sir, Rakim is one of the most respected and influental rapper's to come from the 80's, his era is gone and time has passed him by. Craig Mack is a 1 hit wonder from the 90's who was never really respected or anywhere near as influental. Can't really compare Common to either of them seeing as he's still around doing his thing.

every rapper should be. but dont use a hip hop cape to swoosh over your face when another rapper does hip hop business that you choose not to agree with.
Sir, What are you talking about? Common never used a "hip hop cape" to "swoosh" over his face. He's always been a hip hop purist and has never hid that fact... that's EXACTLY why he made "Sweet". As I stated in my previous post, Common is a hypocrit for most of what he called out Cube for. I'm just stating facts, sir.

Feb 8, 2003
Its all opinions like i said if u go on twitter and other spots more people backing drake. This thread is nonsense now we discusing this weak shit more then anyone else anywhere. theres not even no latest folds in this. I havent heard no person in real life talking about this. so im done with this thread. My suave house thread is more interesting then this.

Apr 25, 2002
thats not true what bout people like premier still making hard beats getting paid for it, still a legend, and he's a purists.
its the mentality that i dont like. its the ones tryna tell hip hop consumers whats real hip hop and what aint. i understand. i use to be a Stockton, Sac, SF corridor rap purist. since the golden era's beginnings. i know how deep it can get. but im open to hip hop now. to me real hip hop is party rappin over a DJ in South Bronx. any morph in the structure of one's "hip hip" song after that is just as guilty as not being real than any other mutation.

and thats what Commons doin to me. its like he's having a mid life crisis goin at Drake for everything he is himself.

Apr 20, 2005
hell on wheels? people actually watch that shit? lol
the only reason y i even heard of that show was because it was on after or before walking dead. cant remember. but i cant name any of commons movies off top. And people stop saying that common raped cube. fuck all that. u cant compare gangster rappers to lyricists conscious mc's. more people r gonna root for the conscious mc just because more people relate to that shit. u had to be from cali to relate to that westside slaughterhouse shit which i liked better. And Kam's Whoop Whoop is the best Ice Cube diss ever. But Cube never responded. Dont know if he could have. but probably not. the beat was ridiculous and i think there was like 4 verses on there.

but this drake vs common shit is gay. unless drake comes out with a full length diss. i would like to see Nicki get involved tho.

Dec 14, 2011
hell on wheels? people actually watch that shit? lol
Sir, the show averaged around 2-3 million viewers per week... and it's been recently renewed for a second season.

cant remember. but i cant name any of commons movies off top.
Sir, You don't remember movies like Terminater Salvation, Date Night, American Gangster, or Wanted? All were huge box office flicks. And while he may not have been the "star" of those movies, he had a significant role in every one of those.

And people stop saying that common raped cube. fuck all that.
OK, Sir, I'll just say he was spanked (or roasted) whichever you prefer. Either way Com ate Cube alive. LOL

u cant compare gangster rappers to lyricists conscious mc's. more people r gonna root for the conscious mc just because more people relate to that shit.
Ummm, sir, yes you can make the comparison and for the 100th time Cube called Common out. "Don't start nuthin, won't be nuthin", sir.

And sir? More people relate to conscious mcing? Is that why gangster rap has overshadowed conscious rap as far as album sales and popularity for the past 10-15 years? You don't really know what you're talking about...

u had to be from cali to relate to that westside slaughterhouse shit which i liked better. And Kam's Whoop Whoop is the best Ice Cube diss ever. But Cube never responded. Dont know if he could have. but probably not. the beat was ridiculous and i think there was like 4 verses on there.
I'm from California, sir. What's this about relating to "westside slaughterhouse"? There's nothing to relate to in that song...

Amerikkka's Most Wanted, Death Certificate, Predater era Cube>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Westside Connection/super gangster era Cube.

Apr 25, 2002
And Kam's Whoop Whoop is the best Ice Cube diss ever. But Cube never responded. Dont know if he could have. but probably not. the beat was ridiculous and i think there was like 4 verses on there.
the carne was squashed between Cube and Kam and also between Cube and Common at the same function. that why Cube didnt do diss tracks. Whoop Whoop was recorded before the squash.

May 9, 2002
this beef is garbage though. they should just go song for song. i know common could go way harder than that. just make a bitch in you 2. and i would like to see drake give common 3 full length verses. not some part time subliminal sneak diss bullshit
This beef also garnered 8 pages worth of responses on an UNDERGROUND gangster web site. But, we will let YOU tell it...