common smashing drake again !

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
Drake dont have a chance in hell at winning this beef so he should just keep his mouth shut. This was more then a warning shot, this was a reality check for Drake
That diss didnt do shit to drake. His TAKE CARE album still sELLING while common new album flopping. More fans is backing drake up in this. all I see happening out of this is Common either letting it die down or getting his card pulled or ass whooped by someone in or affiliated with the cash money click.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I still dont understand why Common dissed him to begin with. I've been a Common fan since i was in middle school. and let me tell ya, this nigga is hella weird ever since he dated Erykah Badu lol after that album he dropped in 96, i really havent been feelin his shit.
He did wreck Drake, but whats the point to all of this?
The diss Luda did i understood, but this is clearly a reach for album sales for Common which aint workin imo.

Jan 18, 2006
That diss didnt do shit to drake. His TAKE CARE album still sELLING while common new album flopping. More fans is backing drake up in this. all I see happening out of this is Common either letting it die down or getting his card pulled or ass whooped by someone in or affiliated with the cash money click.
^^^^ Rasan, didnt Common make a general statement about these RNB rappers and Drake got ass hurt? i honestly could care less about the album sales aspect of it. Common is still well respected and lets be real Birdmans goons aint gonna do shit. Anyways Rick Ross is the perfect example of being as fake as it gets and getting totally destroyed in a beef and still be able to sell albums. Ross's career would have been over if it had happened in the 90's but the 90's babies are in love with Cash Money and Ross cuz the machine pushed them regardless of how exposed they get and thats all that really matters these days.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Idk bro. but if you cant point me to the origin of all of this that would be most appreciated.
as far as birdman taking it to the streets, if you know the history of cash money, and i'm talkin about before they got their deal with universal, you would know that brian baby birdman williams is a real street nigga and i could see that scenario happen.
it really is a chess move for the nigga drake. if he responds, and its wack, could really damage his career. when is the last time niggas had a legit hip hop beef where they shot diss records back and forth? would be nice to see drake respond to these niggas. hell, LL Cool J did it, and he held his own imo.

May 10, 2002
When I first heard Drake I thought he was trying to sound like his own version of Common. Both of them like the sound of their own voices a little too much for me... that's probably why they're mad at each other because they're both trying to make the same smooth voice raps to the ladies.

Jan 18, 2006
Idk bro. but if you cant point me to the origin of all of this that would be most appreciated.
as far as birdman taking it to the streets, if you know the history of cash money, and i'm talkin about before they got their deal with universal, you would know that brian baby birdman williams is a real street nigga and i could see that scenario happen.
it really is a chess move for the nigga drake. if he responds, and its wack, could really damage his career. when is the last time niggas had a legit hip hop beef where they shot diss records back and forth? would be nice to see drake respond to these niggas. hell, LL Cool J did it, and he held his own imo.
it really did start from this song. and Common this after this beef started. "To me, you can express yourself in many different ways, but I was just missing that hardcore Hip Hop, that raw Hip Hop sound, and I was just talking about it. I was saying, man, the song 'Sweet' was cats out there doing sweet music. Dude must have took offense to it, so he came out and said some things, and once he said something on record, I said something on record."

[video=youtube;fAo6s94X2sk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAo6s94X2sk[/video]

Dec 14, 2011
^^^^ Rasan, didnt Common make a general statement about these RNB rappers and Drake got ass hurt?

You sir, are correct. Common dropped "Sweet" followed by Drake catching feelings and calling Common out in concert...

Sir, what these stans don't get is that Common has ALWAYS thrown subliminal shots at popular rappers, just listen to "Doin it" or his verse on "Get Em High" He's clearly talking about specific rappers/artist (Ja Rule, Puff, Lil Jon, etc.) on those songs. Drake is just the first idiot to take the bait and address him over his lyrics..

Common is still well respected and lets be real Birdmans goons aint gonna do shit.
Sir, I'll never understand why cats think Birdman is "street".. The man is worth over a 100 million dollars, I don't care how ignorant and bafoonish his old ass acts.. He's not in those "streets" like people want to believe, sir. He may have been a "real" street dude at one point in time, but those days are long gone and he's sooo far removed from that lifestyle, it's irrelevent even bringing it into the discussion, sir..

Apr 20, 2005
whats up with subliminal diss raps tho? thats kinda pussy to me. is it for all the nerdy rap fans to decipher? all the little cute codes and puzzles? that shits always been wack to me. thats y i miss them good old west coast diss tracks. they just go at mc's minus the cute subliminal code puzzle labyrinth riddle poems.

Dec 14, 2011
whats up with subliminal diss raps tho? thats kinda pussy to me. is it for all the nerdy rap fans to decipher? all the little cute codes and puzzles? that shits always been wack to me. thats y i miss them good old west coast diss tracks. they just go at mc's minus the cute subliminal code puzzle labyrinth riddle poems.
Very funny, sir. However you don't seem to understand what a subliminal rap song is... They arn't "compex codes and puzzles" they are simple battle type raps where the MC doesn't actually say the artists or person (who he/she is referring to) name.

And sir, subliminal disses have been around forever and have been done by every rapper from your backpack MC to the most mainstream rapper, not just "nerd rappers". Eminem, Drake, Ross, TI, Jeezy, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, etc have all made sublminal disses on a good number of songs. Some of the greatest battles were built up by rappers taking shots at each other (Nas and Jay). And yes, sir, west coast rappers did and do sublminal disses too..

Oct 21, 2002
Very funny, sir. However you don't seem to understand what a subliminal rap song is... They arn't "compex codes and puzzles" they are simple battle type raps where the MC doesn't actually say the artists or person (who he/she is referring to) name.

And sir, subliminal disses have been around forever and have been done by every rapper from your backpack MC to the most mainstream rapper, not just "nerd rappers". Eminem, Drake, Ross, TI, Jeezy, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, etc have all made sublminal disses on a good number of songs. Some of the greatest battles were built up by rappers taking shots at each other (Nas and Jay). And yes, sir, west coast rappers did and do sublminal disses too..
haha real spill

Feb 8, 2003
I still dont understand why Common dissed him to begin with. I've been a Common fan since i was in middle school. and let me tell ya, this nigga is hella weird ever since he dated Erykah Badu lol after that album he dropped in 96, i really havent been feelin his shit.
He did wreck Drake, but whats the point to all of this?
The diss Luda did i understood, but this is clearly a reach for album sales for Common which aint workin imo.

He dissed drake in a failed attempt to sell his new record but that shit backfired and now he looking like a old bitter hater. Drake not going anywhere anytime soon he not even one of my top 50 favorite rappers but he does make decent music mostly and i respect him. Common was on some gay shit when he dropped that circus album during that era he dressed worse then andre3000. imo Common only dropped one tight as album and that was BE all his other shit was okay at best with a few good songs here and there. Drake done more in the last 3 years then common has done in his 20 year career.

Feb 8, 2003
Common is still well respected and lets be real Birdmans goons aint gonna do shit. Anyways Rick Ross is the perfect example of being as fake as it gets and getting totally destroyed in a beef and still be able to sell albums. Ross's career would have been over if it had happened in the 90's but the 90's babies are in love with Cash Money and Ross cuz the machine pushed them regardless of how exposed they get and thats all that really matters these days.
Birdman is a real nigga I heard some real shit about him not internet talk either shit by legit niggas who fuked with him like that. Him & his brother is real lets say that im not gonna repeat what i heard. remember real niggas move in silence they dont speak or brag on what they have planned.

Apr 20, 2005

i understand what ur sayin. im just makin jokes man. but i still think its gay to not name drop. whats the point if people are gonna find out anyway. is it cool make sneaky diss raps? i wonder if they giggle and chuckle while they write them subliminal bars. tip toeing to the studio. all covert oppish in disguise. just go all out. i

Apr 25, 2002
difference between now and pre-universal is his bank accounts. i dont think he'd want to fuck that up for no hip hop beef. or "bad publicity" on one of his artists, if you will. "his" artists get hated on pound for pound more than any group in hip hop, and it seems the money lets him over look that small stuff.

Dec 14, 2011
He dissed drake in a failed attempt to sell his new record but that shit backfired and now he looking like a old bitter hater. Drake not going anywhere anytime soon he not even one of my top 50 favorite rappers but he does make decent music mostly and i respect him. Common was on some gay shit when he dropped that circus album during that era he dressed worse then andre3000. imo Common only dropped one tight as album and that was BE all his other shit was okay at best with a few good songs here and there. Drake done more in the last 3 years then common has done in his 20 year career.
Sir, a "failed" dis would not garner a response. I'm not exactly following you on how this "backfired" on Common. He achived exactly what he set out to do. Drake screwed himself by having an ego and speaking out. Had he not responded, "Sweet" would just be left as yet another song by Common that people speculate about. And while I do agree that Common was on some other ish during his Electric Circus days I don't think he was "gay" just "different". Gay, sir, is embracing another man while kissing him smack dead on the lips.

And Resurrection and Like Water For Chocolate are solid albums, sir.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
difference between now and pre-universal is his bank accounts. i dont think he'd want to fuck that up for no hip hop beef. or "bad publicity" on one of his artists, if you will. "his" artists get hated on pound for pound more than any group in hip hop, and it seems the money lets him over look that small stuff.
master P was a muti million dolla nigga when he sent some goons to beat up pimp c in a hotel room.
i'm not sayin that was his aim in the radio interview, i'm just sayin he would take it there if necessary.