BAY GETS MAJOR LABEL DEALS!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2005
dj pimp said:
san quinn is overrated???? by who??? did u know he was in the guiness book of world records for bein on the most records? his flow is tight as hell. i guess everyone has their own tastes, but u aint gonna find very many cats who will say that quinn is overated
Quinn isnt overrated but his flow has changed.

Aug 11, 2006
jayda650 said:
Quinn isn't overrated, IMO he should have gotten signed after the "I Give You My Word" album. No hate but i think Quinn deserved to be signed over alot of the cats that already have.

The Pack is overrated- they just have that vans song, which i'll admit is catchy
the As are even more overrated- that yadadaimean song is annoying as fuck

But hey fuck it just cuz i don't like them don't mean they don't have mainstream appeal, I just see those kids are to the Bay area/Hyphy scene as I see those guys who sing that stupid ass "Walk it out" song is to Atlanta rap. the shit is corny

Its not hate its just one mans opinion

The Mob Figaz are some rappers that definatly deserve some national exposure, I've been alot of places and I got alot of hate when I play my Bay music but most everyone was feeling the Mob Figaz. I'd just hate to see how a major label would try to market them, they would probably try to make them sound like the bay area versains of Jeezy and Rick Ross. If bay area rappers get signed I hope the major labels just let them be them and not try to change their style since thats what got them there int he first place

Good for everyone though, hopefully this really brings us back for real. They need to show all sides of what we do out here though and not just the hyphy shit.

Bailey and Mess both deserve to get signed as well bTW
100% co-sign

Sep 26, 2006
Signing deals with those companies is the worst thing most of them can do.

Bay music and major labels don't mix.

Think about how much money Too $hort and 40 would have made if they never signed to Jive.

They would have been even bigger stars too.

The only thing that needs to happen is that the bay area labels need to step their game up. Find some professionalism. Hire some people who know how to do shit like promote outside the bay.

The thing folks are forgetting is when you have your own hood/city/state/reigion on lock like most of these artists do it's easy to get other hoods.

Mark my words, in 2 years almost all of those acts are gonna be mad as shit.

Dec 11, 2005
Quinn is a SF legend dont bring that BS in here... if anything he UNDERrated

i hope to see Kaz, Clyde blow up soon the Team goes hard as fuck
as well as Quinn, Jacka, PSD, Dubee, Keak, and id llike to see J Stalin pushing more of his shit out there... the lil bruh goes hard

SLY

Sicc OG
Feb 18, 2004
www.theslyshow.com
He signed as of wednesday which i am happy. just time too grind harder, big up too g. archer & the people over there, its been in talks for some time and they just finalized basically whats been going around for some months. this is good, real good. same LABEL as TI and much much plat selling artists.

All i can say is there's plenty more singings happening, and much much more. heres a thought too ponder on.

Last week a rep from Geffen emailed me, asked me too send her " Hyphy" songs, because they are informed that " Hyphy" is the new thing and they wanna shoot it too there a&rs @ geffen. I said well i got a beat cd from my boy if you wanna peep. She said " No No, we have our own producers" i said ok well here's a few songs. i sent her waken em up, and a few other new released songs.

I continue too ask her is she singing someone from the bay? she said no not at all they just wanna bring the " hyphy" sound too a new artist they signed out of OHIO!! like 3 white boys. - i said uhhhhh okay! lol. so basically thats whack that THATS HAPPENING. but it also shows that this region is makin noise and things is gonna happen. Much Much more. and the reps at the labels are watching and attention has been grabbed. e40 might not have done good in todays standards of a good-selling album. but they did a big promotion campaign & the attention has been grabbed. so all its gon take is tiime and more will be signed up.

Not too much the bay can complain about.

Apr 24, 2006
ILLER THAN ILL said:
mess, quinn, turf talk, and the figaz all deserve a record deal.

i don't know about the a's and clyde carson though. sorry team fans.
I'm not the biggest TEAM fan but they are a WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN THAT GAY ASS TEAM YOU HAVE IN YOUR SIG!!!!!