BAY GETS MAJOR LABEL DEALS!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 23, 2005
Kimmy Hustle said:
Signing deals with those companies is the worst thing most of them can do.

Bay music and major labels don't mix.

Think about how much money Too $hort and 40 would have made if they never signed to Jive.

They would have been even bigger stars too.

The only thing that needs to happen is that the bay area labels need to step their game up. Find some professionalism. Hire some people who know how to do shit like promote outside the bay.

The thing folks are forgetting is when you have your own hood/city/state/reigion on lock like most of these artists do it's easy to get other hoods.

Mark my words, in 2 years almost all of those acts are gonna be mad as shit.
I honestly can't agree with you more.

Oct 28, 2003
Kimmy Hustle said:
Signing deals with those companies is the worst thing most of them can do.

Bay music and major labels don't mix.

Think about how much money Too $hort and 40 would have made if they never signed to Jive.

They would have been even bigger stars too.

The only thing that needs to happen is that the bay area labels need to step their game up. Find some professionalism. Hire some people who know how to do shit like promote outside the bay.

The thing folks are forgetting is when you have your own hood/city/state/reigion on lock like most of these artists do it's easy to get other hoods.

Mark my words, in 2 years almost all of those acts are gonna be mad as shit.
To an extent I agree with you.

NCA

Sep 16, 2006
mess should be next! I love the bay, love all the new artists but mess is the hardest by far! Mess and Federation is all we bump at the Xonger office!

Jun 16, 2002
keep doin yall thing...cant wait for MESSY,KEAK, QUINN, JT Tha Bigga Figga..dont give Jt some major label money....oooweee he might just take over the world run for president,..ha ha ha....who else... Richie Rich needs to get back in the studio bang out a couple more albums I know he got it in em.

Oct 1, 2006
quote my words. even wit all tha dope nigaz n da bay rite now, its gone be some wack ass, goofy ass, go-wit-da-flo ass nigaz dats gone get put on. fa real. i jus hope da dope nigaz dat do get put on, dont let these major labelz change they style into some shit datz not even bay, but at da same time if dats wutz gone get em paid, i cant hate on dat.

Aug 14, 2003
gitlami said:
quote my words. even wit all tha dope nigaz n da bay rite now, its gone be some wack ass, goofy ass, go-wit-da-flo ass nigaz dats gone get put on. fa real. i jus hope da dope nigaz dat do get put on, dont let these major labelz change they style into some shit datz not even bay, but at da same time if dats wutz gone get em paid, i cant hate on dat.
WITH STATEMENTS LIKE THIS, IT LEADS ME TO WONDER DOES ANYBODY REALLY REALIZE THAT THESE ARTISTS COULD BE HOLDING OUT FOR BETTER DEALS, DEALS THAT ARE WORTH FOR THEIR CALIBER?