Your Feelings on The "N" word

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 30, 2006
caffeine said:
im like whatever it doesnt affect me, i hate the fact that its cool when black folks use it on each other but is racist shit when a different race says it to the black folks.....
I hear u but like I said in my post I say the word but don't won't any non blacks saying that shit because they will use it out of context so fast. They'll say "nigga, nigga, nigga" to u & it'll mean homie but as soon as they mad @ u your a "nigger". I've seen the shit before so I'm not comfortable with any non blacks using that word.

May 9, 2002
Syko Sniper said:
^^I'd like to point out I don't believe in political correctness, this is also why I say it over the net. I didn't enslave any black people and when I say it I have no malice, if it's taken the wrong way then stiff shit I wont stop saying it. It's like a black guy saying 'whitey' ect... can't have the cake and eat it to..

just my opinion.
Wow. Please tell me you are joking.

Especially coming from one ofthe most racist countires in the world.

Dec 17, 2004
Young Cutthroat said:
Im black and I stopped using that word a looooong time ago. Hell, I dont even use it in my raps. As black people, we cry so much about other races using that word...which is some bitch shyt to me. How the fuck are we gon use it, but come down on other people for sayin it too? Some try to justify it by sayin that nigga/nigger has 2 different meanings which is bullshit. If a lot of black people really believed that, they wouldnt get mad when a person who isnt black says "nigga." Also, when u look the word up in the dictionary, it does say "It means this if a black person says it, and it means that if a person who isnt black says it." It has ONE definition, meaning that it means the same thing no matter who or what race says it. Black people need to quit bitchin about it. If we dont have people outside the black race using it, then wouldnt use it our damn selves. Be the first ones to cry about slavery and racism, but will continue to degrade each other by calling each other a word that was used to degrade us back in slavery, segregation, etc. Backwards as fuck.
if an overwhelming majority of black people agreed on this^^^, i would respect people being offended by it. but also if an overwhelming majority of black people agreed that it is just a word and that it has lost all its negative connotation and it doesnt matter who says it, i would respect people using it.

but right now we have so many black people who like using it but then get so offended when non black people use it, that i like using it as a form of mockery towards their ignorant discriminatory double standard. its people like that, that make the word nigga just a funny word to me. i find it hillarious how then can say it, but then get mad when a non black nigga like me says it. i hope the more people that arent black that say it, keeps starting controversy until the black community can decide if i can say nigga in public or private

May 30, 2006
carl winslow said:
if an overwhelming majority of black people agreed on this^^^, i would respect people being offended by it. but also if an overwhelming majority of black people agreed that it is just a word and that it has lost all its negative connotation and it doesnt matter who says it, i would respect people using it.

but right now we have so many black people who like using it but then get so offended when non black people use it, that i like using it as a form of mockery towards their ignorant discriminatory double standard. its people like that, that make the word nigga just a funny word to me. i find it hillarious how then can say it, but then get mad when a non black nigga like me says it. i hope the more people that arent black that say it, keeps starting controversy until the black community can decide if i can say nigga in public or private
Potna read my 2 post & you'll know why a person likemyself has a problem with it. Its nit a double standard on my part..... Its jsut some undercover racist shit on a non black person(including yourself) part because y'all are quick 2 use it out of context & call a black person a nigger as soon as u get mad @ him. My post on page one explains it all. Its a term of endearment amongst black people ONLY.

Jan 23, 2007
its funny cuz ive never met a black person that calls another black person slur for a different race...why do people secretly want to be like black people and why are people so fascinated by how we talk and act and what we wear but talk so much shit about us and are quick to say some out of pocket shit...if you dont like us so much then dont do shit we do say shit we say or dont listen to our music...how you gonna have a party play hella rap everybody singing the songs but then be like no black people at the party cuz they wil fuck shit up?...thats backwards...basically if you not black dont say it...aint no double standard...if an asian person told me dont say chink i would understand exactly why they would say that i wouldnt care if they say it every second...why would you even want to say nigga are you sum how cooler cuz you say it?

May 30, 2006
rawtunes said:
its funny cuz ive never met a black person that calls another black person slur for a different race...why do people secretly want to be like black people and why are people so fascinated by how we talk and act and what we wear but talk so much shit about us and are quick to say some out of pocket shit...if you dont like us so much then dont do shit we do say shit we say or dont listen to our music...how you gonna have a party play hella rap everybody singing the songs but then be like no black people at the party cuz they wil fuck shit up?...thats backwards...basically if you not black dont say it...aint no double standard...if an asian person told me dont say chink i would understand exactly why they would say that i wouldnt care if they say it every second...why would you even want to say nigga are you sum how cooler cuz you say it?
U make some good points. Black people esp black men are the most loved & hated people on the planet. Thatz a fact.

Evil Jesus

Its All Evil Jesus!
May 22, 2006
i dont give a fuck who uses it as long as it stays a black thing. ive got a few black friends who have made it known that they wouldnt care if i said it but its a respect thing on my part. he can say it all he wants cause hes black but its not something i would ever say. although i occasionally will say it jokingly to other people not of the black origin.

Dec 17, 2004
The Evil Genius said:
Potna read my 2 post & you'll know why a person likemyself has a problem with it. Its nit a double standard on my part..... Its jsut some undercover racist shit on a non black person(including yourself) part because y'all are quick 2 use it out of context & call a black person a nigger as soon as u get mad @ him. My post on page one explains it all. Its a term of endearment amongst black people ONLY.
i hear what youre saying, and it makes sense, but i disagree with your reasoning.

by definition of the term, what you advocate is a double standard, and theres no way around that.

[deep breath] okay here we go...
before i start let me just say that if you want to take all this back to the issue of slavery and the big difference between the history of other derogatory words and nigga (or nigger really), all i say is that if nigga still has oppresive meaning to you, you're ignorant for calling yourself it, but if you have taken out any negative connotation with the word, and see no problem using it, then, though i see what youre saying, condemning those who use it is a double standard in my view.

so its a term of endearment for black people, but non black people cant use it as a term of enearment because not only are they not black, but theyve proven to you by saying nigger when theyre mad that most of them are closet racists.

what is the first thing that comes out of a black persons mouth when they get mad at a white person?..."White boy!!!" (im not white by the way, but have been around both black and white people my whole life). White people dont even call each other white boy. they dont like that term, and black people know when they say it, its a form of downing them. How would you like it if i called you "black boy". we're playing basketball and i say "someone cover the 'black boy'" or you you say something and i say "what'd you say 'black boy'?!" you of course wouldnt like that and probably assume im racist. black people do this all the time, but are in denial of the undertone behind what theyre doing. and if there was a more deragotory term (worse than honky or cracker, which black people use all the time in anger) they would use it. lets not pretend like black people dont have animosity towards white people which is essentially racism (and if you think they have reason to, thats a whole other issue, but irrelevant here).

so should black people not be allowed to say "white boy?" ive heard it said innocently from a black person, like "damn that white boy can run fast." and no problem. did she have to say white boy? no. but was it really that racist or offensive? no. but based on your logic she shouldnt be allowed to say that. i dont agree.

you probably have a problem if white people trying to be funny imitating black people, say stuff like "fo sheezy nigga." but im sure you dont see a problem if a black person does an exagerated proper english nerdy accent imitating white people. or a mocking surfer or skater accent and says, "whats up duuude?" see i dont have a problem with either. i think its funny (well when done right. bad imitations bother me), but so many black people (and i include latin people in this as well, but the topic is the word nigga) get bothered by anything racial directed their way, even though they dish it out just as much. double standard.

rawtunes said:
why do people secretly want to be like black people and why are people so fascinated by how we talk and act and what we wear but talk so much shit about us and are quick to say some out of pocket shit...if you dont like us so much then dont do shit we do say shit we say or dont listen to our music...how you gonna have a party play hella rap everybody singing the songs but then be like no black people at the party cuz they wil fuck shit up?...thats backwards...basically if you not black dont say it...aint no double standard
have you heard of the media's affect on a culture. what youre talking about is a young person thing. what do young people watch?...mtv and shows like i love new york. whose all over mtv adn i love new york?...figure it out and put those two together. whats sad is that mainstream hip hop and tv are such a false portrayal of what it means to have black skin, but both white and black kids eat it up, and youve got black kids acting like ignorant sambos, and white kids who would too but theyve got different pressures from their environment stopping them from fully immersing themselves in that type of stupid bullshit.

rawtunes said:
if an asian person told me dont say chink i would understand exactly why they would say that i wouldnt care if they say it every second...why would you even want to say nigga are you sum how cooler cuz you say it?
ok then stop saying fat ass, retard, "thats gay" when you dont like something, white boy, etc.
and i want to say nigga cause i think it sounds funny when black people say it. and i want to be funny too

Jan 23, 2007
white boy is not even a racial insult....thats what they are a white boy...and plus i dont say that unless im sayin "who that white boy?" just like il say "who that asian dude"...i dont use racial slurs against anybody i think of other shit thats has nothing to do with race to make fun of somebody...trust me clowin people is one of my favorite passtimes so i like being creative lol

Mar 26, 2006
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
Wow. Please tell me you are joking.

Especially coming from one ofthe most racist countires in the world.
nah nigga im not joking nigga

so are you implying that because my country is racist I am racist to?

hmm, fair enough you can call me what you like, I believe in FREE speech. This means you can say what ever you like about ANYTHING such as religeon, race ect ect..

If people get offended because I say nigga over the net, they really need to quit the internet.

We need to stop taking ourselves so seriously.

even with muslims now you can't draw a cartoon about their profit because riots will happen.. or with jews you can't critise anything they do or your a anitsemitist

they can all lick my balls

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I really don't use the word much myself only when I am pissed off... If another brotha calls me nigga I ain't trippin' too much off of it because I know he doesn't mean no harm... but if someone from another race calls me nigga I would find that disrespectful.

So I would agree with the majority on this subject. Gays call each other fags and it's cool with them but it ain't cool if a straight person call them that. Same with women and the word bitch. My girl and her friends talk all the time and call each other bitch. But if I was to call her bitch it would be on. Same principal different word.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
A quick response:

White boy, by itself, is not a racist term, you're right, ''rawtunes''...

But it's the context in which it's used, in most cases, that makes it a racial matter. A white teenager is a "WHITE BOY"; yet when a person of another race uses it to degrade that person, it's racist. PERIOD.

I HAVE DONE IT...on the basketball court, for example...''you can't guard me, white boy''...think about it. What's the point of this? HE knows he's white. I know he's white. So why say it? It's a PUT DOWN, in some instances.

Just as if a white guy was to walk up to a black guy and say, ''what's up, black boy''...hmm...would that be ok with him? Doubt it.

PS- Double standards, while everyday occurances, are shitty. LOL

*Sidenote: I made a comment in one of the ''I love New York" threads about New York naming the Miami dude "WHITE BOY", then getting offended when Rico called her his ''negrita''...LOL. She IS a negrita, no two ways about it.

QUOTE ME.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
rawtunes said:

"you wanna be the nigga, but dont want to be the nigger"

I know hella white kids that change themselves up like that but then are hella racist about blacks, sayin "yeah, these fuckin niggers ran up to my car", but theyre wearin girbauds, forces, a 3xl tee, etc. its a sight, and if im there, it doesnt usually end well.

u u aint a nigga dont use it if a white dude call me that im takin offense to it sorry but from black person to black person thats our term but for a white dude to use it in anyway is in volation to a tounge lashing or ass beatin str8 up. or any other race i hate hearin a asia dude say nigga to another asia or any race besides black people usin it

Dec 17, 2004
rawtunes said:
white boy is not even a racial insult....thats what they are a white boy...and plus i dont say that unless im sayin "who that white boy?" just like il say "who that asian dude"...i dont use racial slurs against anybody i think of other shit thats has nothing to do with race to make fun of somebody...trust me clowin people is one of my favorite passtimes so i like being creative lol
whatever black boy
i didnt say the "n word" so what i just said isnt racist. black boy hasnt been accepted by society as "deragotory" so im dropping the word nigga. im just gonna say black boy for now on

Oct 9, 2002
Young Cutthroat said:
Im black and I stopped using that word a looooong time ago. Hell, I dont even use it in my raps. As black people, we cry so much about other races using that word...which is some bitch shyt to me. How the fuck are we gon use it, but come down on other people for sayin it too? Some try to justify it by sayin that nigga/nigger has 2 different meanings which is bullshit. If a lot of black people really believed that, they wouldnt get mad when a person who isnt black says "nigga." Also, when u look the word up in the dictionary, it does say "It means this if a black person says it, and it means that if a person who isnt black says it." It has ONE definition, meaning that it means the same thing no matter who or what race says it. Black people need to quit bitchin about it. If we dont have people outside the black race using it, then wouldnt use it our damn selves. Be the first ones to cry about slavery and racism, but will continue to degrade each other by calling each other a word that was used to degrade us back in slavery, segregation, etc. Backwards as fuck.
holy shit... someone with a clue! i salute you!