Your Feelings on The "N" word

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2004
I dont know why this keeps coming up in the black community but I feel like black people should not stop using the word nigga just because of the Imus and KKKramer situation. I feel these black leaders should rally against other races using it. Just like in the gay community they call each other fags,homos,etc and its no problem but if a str8 person says it then its percieved as derogatory"which it is". I also dont agree with black leaders tryin to censor rap, I mean aint nobody said shit about movies like Saw, The Devils Rejects(which is a dope ass movie) and all these extremely extremely violent movies they get voted as "The best horror of the year yada" Wouldnt say its a double standard?

Feb 17, 2006
this word is really only offensive in the sense that it brings ideas back of slavery...other than that, i don't really see this as a racist word. if a white person says it today, it's not like he/she's saying it to his or her black slave

i realize the white man has used it in a very bad way in the past, but i think it's evolved. it's not like people aren't racist today...i think andrew hacker pointed out in his book "two nations: black and white separate, hostile, unequal," conservative whites are racist but deal with it through silence while liberal whites are racist but deal with it through denial

what would be cool is if we started calling all racists niggers because then that would make all non-black racists angry because you're calling them something they hate and all black racists angry because it'll be like you're degrading them...plus i believe samuel l. jackson said that a "nigger" isnt a black person, it's an ignorant motherfucker...like a racist

Feb 5, 2005
mafiaqueen said:
I dont know why this keeps coming up in the black community but I feel like black people should not stop using the word nigga just because of the Imus and KKKramer situation. I feel these black leaders should rally against other races using it. Just like in the gay community they call each other fags,homos,etc and its no problem but if a str8 person says it then its percieved as derogatory"which it is".

I AGREE...

I ALSO FEEL LIKE THEY BLOWIN THE WORD "BITCH" OUTTA PROPORTION...

IT GET'z USED TO TAWK ABOUT MALE'z JUS AZ WELL AZ FEMALE'z..

CUZ NIGGA'z IZ BITCH'z TOO !!

BUT IT AINT JUS RAP/HIP HOP THAT USES IT IN MUSIC...

I'VE HEARD IT IN BLUES, R&B, & MUSIC FRUM BACC IN THE 50's & ALL THRU THE 60's & 70's( ESPECIALLY IN ROCC-N-ROLL)

THEY AINT STOPPIN SHIT FRUM BEING SAID IN THE STREET EITHA...

IT WOULD JUS B FUCC'D UP THAT U CANT SAY "NIGGA" OR "BITCH" IN YOUR MUSIC..

BUT THE LAW CAN TREAT U LIKE A "NIGGER" ( NOT NIGGA ) & A "BITCH" ALL DAY , EVERYDAY & STILL CALL U ONE !!

mafiaqueen said:
I also dont agree with black leaders tryin to censor rap, I mean aint nobody said shit about movies like Saw, The Devils Rejects(which is a dope ass movie) and all these extremely extremely violent movies they get voted as "The best horror of the year yada" Wouldnt say its a double standard?
I WOULDNT COMPARE IT TO MOVIES & THEY AINT SAID SHIT ABOUT MOVIES CUZ THEY ALREADY BEEN DOWN THAT ROUTE...

THEY WENT AFTER MOVIES & VIDEO GAMES FOR THE PAST 10 YEARs !

BUT MONEY & RICH WHITE PPL BACC'D THAT UP...

IN THIS CASE ( RAP MUSIC ) IT MIGHT HAPPEN CUZ THEY GOT THE RIGHT PPL ON THEY TEAM...

IT'z JUS FUNNY SEEING MOST OF THE BLACC FIGUREs I ONCE HAD SO MUCH RESPECT FOR B SO IGNORANT ON A SUBJECT...

THEY AINT SEEING WHUT'z GOIN ON & THEY FALLIN INTO IT...

& WHUT'z FUCC'D UP IS THEY GOT THE MONEY & POWER TO FIGHT, JUS AZ WELL AZ DESTROY THIS RAP SHIT...

BY THEY I MEAN ; RUSSELL SIMMONS, OPRAH, AL SHARPTON, & A FEW OTHER'z...

BUT I AGREE WIT U AZ FAR AZ A DOUBLE STANDARD GOES, CUZ THEY AINT GOIN AFTER HEAVY METAL OR COUNTRY OR EVEN ROCC-N-ROLL...

THEY WATER'D DOWN ROCC-N-ROLL BUT HEAVY METAL POPPED UP IN IT'z PLACE, LOL...

INSTEAD OF GOIN AFTER RAP MUSIC AS A WHOLE THEY NEED TO GO AFTER THESE LABEL'z FOR SIGNIN WACC ASS ARTIST'z WHO DONT TALK ABOUT SHIT & SAY "NIGGA" & "BITCH" EVERY 2 BAR'z !!!

- GEEzUz

Aug 7, 2006
personally on that word, when it comes to music i dont use it, in the street i dont really use it. I try to avoid and flip other words instead of nigga. to me to each his own, you cant control what the next dood does

Jan 1, 2006
I really don't have a problem on it unless someone uses it to offend. I find it annoying when people who aren't black use the word.

I think the creativity level needs to be stepped up on rap in general.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Don't use it. I'm not black, so IMO, for me to use it is disrespectful. I don't feel that just because you're black you can or should use it, but I feel it's accepted more, to use in a positive or negative way.

Either way...to each his own.

Apr 25, 2002
If you keep saying the word "Nigga" in every other bar in contemporary musics biggest genre (Hip Hop) you should not be surprised to hear other races throwing around the term, especially with the increasing contribution from Non-African Americans to Hip Hop, and with Hip Hop being a universal genre.

That said I am white and I dont use it.

May 30, 2006
FRED FLINTsTONER said:
NO WORDZ SHOUL EVER BE BANNED
No word will ever be banned either. Just not possible IMO.

As far as the use of the word "nigga". In Robert H. Decoys book The Nigger Bible he discribed a nigga as a black decendent that is born & bread in America. To me the the closest way to discribe the word nigga & that book was wrote back in the 60's. Now, personally I don't have a problem with the word. Hell, I use it everyday, alday. I do have a problem with non blacks using the word. Reason is because either though a lot of'em don't mean any harm by it I lnow that they can use it out of context anytime they feel like it. I've witnessed the shit first hand. A non black person would say "nigga, nigga, nigga" 2 his black friend but as soon as they have a dispute they call that person a "nigger". So I'm highly uncomfortable with a non black using the word.

As far as blacks using it. Its ok 2 me because that word is a term of endearment of ours. Its only 2 be said in our own circle just like the word "nappy head". I hear females calling each other bitch all the time but it means "homegirl" 2 them don't want no one else calling them that. I hear homos calling each other "fags" & I hear white people calling white trash "red necks". Those are words they use umongst their crowds but its off limits 2 outsiders. Same thing as the word "nigga".

Mar 4, 2006
I think the n word should only be spoken by Black people. Im latino and I don't use it. I have to admit though I'm very embarassed by how my own people say the word like they have a license to say it. I be shaking my head at these ignorant dumb fucks.

Apr 26, 2006
I see no problem if ONLY blacks are using it. However, I'm Mexican myself and I will never use that word because it's disrespect and it ain't a part of my culture. It wouldn't feel right to use that word, I'll be embarassed to because I just ain't black. It's kind of the same thing as Mexicans calling eachother Ese, Cardnal, Perro, vato, homes, etc.... It's a racist word plain and simple because it still stirs up emotions. I mean if you ain't black, it just doesn't sound or look right coming out of someone elses mouth. It'll never stop being used in Rap music that's for sure, I'll admit the word does sound good here and there because how it fills space and good for rhyming.

Jan 23, 2007
i think black people need to decide if they wanna use it but other races definatly shouldnt say it or even want to say it...especially philipino people in nor cal...all my philipino patnas say it as much or more than i would say and im black even my best friend who say it sometimes but kno i dont like him sayin that shit...and im one of the only black people i kno who tells other people to be coo off that shit....its simple tho if you aint black dont say it and if you are black why do you say it?

KCMEX

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2005
To me the shit dont mean the same thing it use too mayne and where im from we all use it and will continue to use it, it's just part of the way we talk and fuck who ever dont like it i mean as long as it has gga at the end and not ger we should be all good.....imo

Feb 17, 2006
Mi$ta-Murda187 said:
I don't use that word.
I rather say Nizzle cause it sounds more dope..
plus you're not offending anyone with that word.
is it offensive if a white guy says nizzle or is called that...i went to high school in an all-white town (all minorities were driven out if they even stopped for gas) and there was this guy in my class who listened to a lot of rap and people just started calling him nizzle even though he was white and it was clearly a type or stereotypical name

is that offensive in the way that maybe a white person having a sambo figurine or something in their house might be?

May 15, 2002
Im black and I stopped using that word a looooong time ago. Hell, I dont even use it in my raps. As black people, we cry so much about other races using that word...which is some bitch shyt to me. How the fuck are we gon use it, but come down on other people for sayin it too? Some try to justify it by sayin that nigga/nigger has 2 different meanings which is bullshit. If a lot of black people really believed that, they wouldnt get mad when a person who isnt black says "nigga." Also, when u look the word up in the dictionary, it does say "It means this if a black person says it, and it means that if a person who isnt black says it." It has ONE definition, meaning that it means the same thing no matter who or what race says it. Black people need to quit bitchin about it. If we dont have people outside the black race using it, then wouldnt use it our damn selves. Be the first ones to cry about slavery and racism, but will continue to degrade each other by calling each other a word that was used to degrade us back in slavery, segregation, etc. Backwards as fuck.

Mar 26, 2006
^^I'd like to point out I don't believe in political correctness, this is also why I say it over the net. I didn't enslave any black people and when I say it I have no malice, if it's taken the wrong way then stiff shit I wont stop saying it. It's like a black guy saying 'whitey' ect... can't have the cake and eat it to..

just my opinion.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
im like whatever it doesnt affect me, i hate the fact that its cool when black folks use it on each other but is racist shit when a different race says it to the black folks.....