Will These Players Ever Make It Into The Pro Football HOF?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 16, 2005
He's a 2 time champ on a superb team not just his doing
he was mvp nothing can deny that both that season and super bowl
yes he did rush for over 2000 and it was a great accomplishment the one year
set super bowl record with 3 td's......if mike bell was the starting rb that year he would have had 3 would be be in this convo???
again, yes it was a great run of 100 yard games but what if it was olandis gary instead of td???? see what i'm saying, mike bell had the most yards by a rookie in a game, olandis gary was very cosistent etc etc etc....in most peoples minds because of what happened after TD it looks like it was the system! if rb's wouldhave failed after td then he would be in but we havent had rb;'s fail so therefore it looks like it's system not the back.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
He's a 2 time champ on a superb team not just his doing
he was mvp nothing can deny that both that season and super bowl
yes he did rush for over 2000 and it was a great accomplishment the one year
set super bowl record with 3 td's......if mike bell was the starting rb that year he would have had 3 would be be in this convo???
again, yes it was a great run of 100 yard games but what if it was olandis gary instead of td???? see what i'm saying, mike bell had the most yards by a rookie in a game, olandis gary was very cosistent etc etc etc....in most peoples minds because of what happened after TD it looks like it was the system! if rb's wouldhave failed after td then he would be in but we havent had rb;'s fail so therefore it looks like it's system not the back.
Can't go off of what ifs.... TD had a dominant run during his time and should be in the hall of fame. If you want to go off of what ifs.... what if TD didn't blow his knee out?

Mar 16, 2005
Can't go off of what ifs.... TD had a dominant run during his time and should be in the hall of fame. If you want to go off of what ifs.... what if TD didn't blow his knee out?

then he would be in hall thats not a what if! what if bo jackson didnt get hurt? see what I mean?

but it is what it is. As a broncos fan i want him in, as an nfl fan i dont think he gets in.

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
He'll be in the hall before it's all over. Bottom line is Elway didn't win it all until he had a dominant runner and by the time that happened, Elway was no more than a game manager who handed the ball to his workhorse. And so you don't say it was a fluke, Elway did it twice with TD. back to back. Terell Davis might not make it in anytime soon, but I believe his body of work in the amount of time he completed it stands up to any other runner in the game. Plus he played one of the most punishing positions and mad it look easy. No doubt is TD a HOF. whether he gets in or not means nothing as he isn't even being voted in by his peers. Most of the people voting have never even strapped on pads so how is their judgement even correct if they have never experienced the day to day punishment of football.

Mar 16, 2005
He'll be in the hall before it's all over. Bottom line is Elway didn't win it all until he had a dominant runner and by the time that happened, Elway was no more than a game manager who handed the ball to his workhorse. And so you don't say it was a fluke, Elway did it twice with TD. back to back. Terell Davis might not make it in anytime soon, but I believe his body of work in the amount of time he completed it stands up to any other runner in the game. Plus he played one of the most punishing positions and mad it look easy. No doubt is TD a HOF. whether he gets in or not means nothing as he isn't even being voted in by his peers. Most of the people voting have never even strapped on pads so how is their judgement even correct if they have never experienced the day to day punishment of football.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You cant name me the Broncos running backs in the other super bowl loses.....he didnt have a dominate ANYTHING other than his arm...so again cant say it was td. and he just handed off to workhorse???? hmm thats weird his best passing seasons where those super bowl years..OPENING UP THE RUNNING GAME!!! Or zimmerman and crew opening big holes!!!!! or griffith opening huge holes fromn fb position, or sharpe and rod smith with superb blocking down field opening up the second and third levels!!!

but yes all TD! hahaha sounds like someone either doesn't know football or never watched the Broncos those years!!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
his best passing seasons where those super bowl years..OPENING UP THE RUNNING GAME!!!
Wrong... you got it backwards. The running game opened up the passing game for Elway and the playaction pass. Elway didn't play all that great, it was Terrell Davis and his 9 straight playoff games with 100 yards rushing (which is a record) that did it. McCafferey was super slow but was always wide open. Wonder why????? That's because the safeties would bite on the play action fake because they were so worried about TD.

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
@ Tony... You're perfectly correct my friend

His best passing seasons were due to the running threat they had. Keep it real. Elway is the beast. I know. I used to watch his practices as a kid when he was at Stanford so i go back with number 7 to the 80's. Yeah he's been to the Super Bowl before, but when did he win it? Oh yeah, when Terrell was in the backfield both years.

Mar 16, 2005
His best passing seasons were due to the running threat they had. Keep it real. Elway is the beast. I know. I used to watch his practices as a kid when he was at Stanford so i go back with number 7 to the 80's. Yeah he's been to the Super Bowl before, but wehen did he win it? Oh yeah, when Terrell was in the backfield both years.
ok how come then once td , sharpe and elway left running backs still stayed at top of league????

those teams were as good as they were because of players like zimmerman schelereth and griffith just who ere just as important as td smith and elway!!!!

Mar 16, 2005
and if you look at 2001 and sooner you will also see key blockers like schlereth zimmerman sharpe and griffth were all gone, thats a HUGE reason numbers dropped!!!!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
We're not taking anything away from Elway or his offensive line. Elway was a beast no doubt, but you can't take away TD's impact during on those SuperBowl winning teams.

SuperBowl MVP
Regular season MVP
2,000 yards rushing in one season (rushing title)
7 or 9 straight playoff games with 100 yards rushing

Should be good enough to get you in the hall of fame, period. TD ran hard man, he'll get in.

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
We're talking about Elway winning Super Bowls and did any of the those runners you are talking about accomplish anything near that? Yes, Denver has had success at pumping out 1000 yd backs who have mostly failed once they moved on from Denver. Not only that, Davis wasn't just a running threat, he could catch out of the backfield and he was a good blocker. We're talking about a complete back, not just a guy compiling meaningless yards for teams that never went anywhere. Don't get me wrong, they had decent seasons, but that is more about the coach running his team effectively

Mar 16, 2005
Wrong... you got it backwards. The running game opened up the passing game for Elway and the playaction pass. Elway didn't play all that great, it was Terrell Davis and his 9 straight playoff games with 100 yards rushing (which is a record) that did it. McCafferey was super slow but was always wide open. Wonder why????? That's because the safeties would bite on the play action fake because they were so worried about TD.
or staying back worried about rod smith, shannon sharpe, etc etc etc

again IT WAS A STACKED TEAM!!!!! not 1 player!!!!!

Mar 16, 2005
We're talking about Elway winning Super Bowls and did any of the those runners you are talking about accomplish anything near that? Yes, Denver has had success at pumping out 1000 yd backs who have mostly failed once they moved on from Denver. Not only that, Davis wasn't just a running threat, he could catch out of the backfield and he was a good blocker. We're talking about a complete back, not just a guy compiling meaningless yards for teams that never went anywhere
you are right, and you all want to say he didnt win until he had TD...well he also didnt win until he had an oline with zimmerman and schlereth or a wr corp like smith sharpe and eddie mc...but look at his losing sb years he had such great players as ricky nattiel, steve sewell, smmy winder.....go ahead i'll wait while you look at google just to figure out who those fucks even were!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
You might as well add Bobby Humphry will you're add it. We watch football, and like Mr. Cleen said, we've been watching from the 80's just like you. Yeah there were good backs that came in after TD but none of them accomplished what he accomplished. He was running through the AFC's best defenses. I give credit to the o-line but you have to give credit to the running back too. He was servin' mf's and breaking tackles ripping off long runs. TD was a beast!! His hard running set up those playaction fakes. Slow as McCaffery was, he'd be wide open in the middle of the field.

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
Again, Denver has always decent teams. Who's knocking any of that. And everbody knows a winning team consist of just that, a Team of individuals who have to play within the system to be great. We get it fam. But what you are not getting is Davis was a back different than any back in Denver history. Name one back who was more important to your francshise? I'll wait!!!! He was a true threat everytime he touched the ball. I'd put him in the top 10 Backs of All time, not just Denver backs. That dude had size, speed, smarts, hands, and would crush your skull with his knees if you tried to leg tackle him head on. Unfortunately everything that made him great also cost him longevity in the NFL.

Mar 16, 2005
Again, Denver has always decent teams. Who's knocking any of that. And everbody knows a winning team consist of just that, a Team of individuals who have to play within the system to be great. We get it fam. But what you are not getting is Davis was a back different than any back in Denver history. Name one back who was more important to your francshise? I'll wait!!!! He was a true threat everytime he touched the ball. I'd put him in the top 10 Backs of All time, not just Denver backs.
floyd little! with out him we dont have the team.

Mar 16, 2005
You might as well add Bobby Humphry will you're add it. We watch football, and like Mr. Cleen said, we've been watching from the 80's just like you. Yeah there were good backs that came in after TD but none of them accomplished what he accomplished. He was running through the AFC's best defenses. I give credit to the o-line but you have to give credit to the running back too. He was servin' mf's and breaking tackles ripping off long runs. TD was a beast!! His hard running set up those playaction fakes. Slow as McCaffery was, he'd be wide open in the middle of the field.

i agree, he was a beast, he was the man on this team..BUT he is not the sole reason they won the sb yet thats what the main arguement is for him being in HOF!

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
Nobody said he was the sole reason, but those MVPs in the Super bowl and for the League speak volumes for his importance to his team