Will These Players Ever Make It Into The Pro Football HOF?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
Boomer Esiason - Yes - very solid left handed QB, who took his team to the superbowl and almost beat the niners. Yes

Ricky Watters - No - Very versatile runner. He had size and speed, and great moves for a back. He fumbled a lil too much for me

Amahn Green - No - If he had been able to stay healthy and wasn't so fumble prone, he would have definitely been a hall of famer. Very strong runner

Sterling Sharpe - He was should be in the Hall right now. Because his career was cut short, they are penalizing him (The same with Terell Davis, a clear HOFer in my eyes)

Vinny Testerverde - No - He put up solid numbers, but also had a very high Interception rate. Big arm, but too risky because of it.

Herchell Walker - No - He had College Hall of Fame numbers, but didn't put up up the numbers consistently in the NFL. He wasted way too many years in the USFL. If you add his USFL numbers I'd say yes, but you can't do that

Andre Rison - Yes - He will be penalized not for his play, but for his attitude off the field.

Drew Bledsoe - Yes - It will take time, but he'll get in. He's not a high priority to get in anytime soon.

Roger Craig - Yes - He is being remembered for his last costly fumble instead of being remembered for being a beast on the field. How quickly they forget about the 1,000 yds rushing/1000 yds receiving he put up. The dude is one of the reasons Joe Montana was able to be so efficient. He was that much of a threat whenever he touched the ball.

Tim McDonald - Yes - He was a anchor on alot of good 49er teams, and only because they didn't get to the big game will it take a while for him to get in

Herman Moore - Yes - Even without a consistently good QB, he put up big numbers and also provided enough of a threat to help free Barry Sanders from being clobbered.

Let's go ahead and add Terell Davis, Steve Gannon and a few more i can't think of off top.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
^^put kenny stabler in the hall...then we'll start talkin about any of those guys.... everyone mentioned had a good 3 to 5 run but didn't sustain it over a career...take roger craig for instance, the most deserving guy on the list played the bulk of his career with the 9ers isn't even the 49ers all time leading rusher...
and lol at steve gannon...billy joe tolliver, bobby hebert, wade willson and mike tomczak didn't want none???

Jul 24, 2005
Boomer Esiason - Yes - very solid left handed QB, who took his team to the superbowl and almost beat the niners. Yes

Ricky Watters - No - Very versatile runner. He had size and speed, and great moves for a back. He fumbled a lil too much for me

Amahn Green - No - If he had been able to stay healthy and wasn't so fumble prone, he would have definitely been a hall of famer. Very strong runner

Sterling Sharpe - He was should be in the Hall right now. Because his career was cut short, they are penalizing him (The same with Terell Davis, a clear HOFer in my eyes)

Vinny Testerverde - No - He put up solid numbers, but also had a very high Interception rate. Big arm, but too risky because of it.

Herchell Walker - No - He had College Hall of Fame numbers, but didn't put up up the numbers consistently in the NFL. He wasted way too many years in the USFL. If you add his USFL numbers I'd say yes, but you can't do that

Andre Rison - Yes - He will be penalized not for his play, but for his attitude off the field.

Drew Bledsoe - Yes - It will take time, but he'll get in. He's not a high priority to get in anytime soon.

Roger Craig - Yes - He is being remembered for his last costly fumble instead of being remembered for being a beast on the field. How quickly they forget about the 1,000 yds rushing/1000 yds receiving he put up. The dude is one of the reasons Joe Montana was able to be so efficient. He was that much of a threat whenever he touched the ball.

Tim McDonald - Yes - He was a anchor on alot of good 49er teams, and only because they didn't get to the big game will it take a while for him to get in

Herman Moore - Yes - Even without a consistently good QB, he put up big numbers and also provided enough of a threat to help free Barry Sanders from being clobbered.

Let's go ahead and add Terell Davis, Steve Gannon and a few more i can't think of off top.
agreed man you hit it on the head

Apr 25, 2002
Boomer Esiason---hell no

Ricky Watters----yes.....he was a premier back and gained a lot of yards..he took a backseat to a lot of the bigger names but was solid over a nice career

Amahn Green---no

Sterling Sharpe---no...shannon yes though

Vinny Testerverde----hell no

Herchell Walker---hell no

Terrell Buckley---no

Andre Risen----no

Drew Bledsoe----are you smoking crack??

Roger Craig----maybe...but i dont think he will

Keith Jackson----one of the best in his era...YES

Earnest Byner----maybe

Kenny Easley...no

Tim McDonald.....yes another premier player at his position

Herman Moore....maybe

These are the names I can think of off top.
there ya go

Sep 24, 2006
Boomer Esiason
no
Ricky Watters
no
Amahn Green
no
Sterling Sharpe
yes
Vinny Testerverde
toss-up
Herchell Walker
yes
Terrell Buckley
no
Andre Risen
yes
Drew Bledsoe
no
Roger Craig
yes
Keith Jackson
no
Earnest Byner
no
Kenny Easley
no
Tim McDonald
no
Herman Moore
no

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
they should just open the doors and let everyone who put pads on in....

look at it this way, im gonna use another sport as an example but credentials for the HOF are the same in any sport....roger maris, the man who held the record for most home runs in a season for 30 years, is not in the hall of fame...

May 30, 2006
Boomer Esiason
no
Ricky Watters
no
Amahn Green
no
Sterling Sharpe
yes
Vinny Testerverde
toss-up
Herchell Walker
yes
Terrell Buckley
no
Andre Risen
yes
Drew Bledsoe
no
Roger Craig
yes
Keith Jackson
no
Earnest Byner
no
Kenny Easley
no
Tim McDonald
no
Herman Moore
no
A no for Boomer and Bledsoe but a toss up for Testeverde? U know shit about football my friend.

May 30, 2006
they should just open the doors and let everyone who put pads on in....

look at it this way, im gonna use another sport as an example but credentials for the HOF are the same in any sport....roger maris, the man who held the record for most home runs in a season for 30 years, is not in the hall of fame...
Thats one gotdamn season....Flipper Anderson holds the record for most receiving yards in one game but no one is suggesting him.....The players I named have had steller careers, nut one or two good seasons.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
none of the players listed had stellar careers, in fact for about a 3 year run boomer esiason might have been the worst qb in the nfl...

May 30, 2006
none of the players listed had stellar careers, in fact for about a 3 year run boomer esiason might have been the worst qb in the nfl...
Oh really....Well, lets see..

Boomer Esiason....Took his team to a SB and damn near beat Frisco....1988 NFL MVP....Passed for more then 3,000 yards about 5 times and threw for over 500 yards in a game as a member of the Cardinals....never was considered the worst QB in the league...He just playe don some shitty ass jets and Cardinal squads in the 90's.

Ricky Watters....Scored 3 TD's in a Super Bowl....Ran for more then 1,200 yards 4-5 times....1,000 yard back for a Niner team that made the NFC Championship game 3 years in a row...Holds playoff record with 5 rushing TD's vs. Giants.

Amahn Green.....Holds GB record for most rushing yards in a season....Ran for 1,000 yards 5-6 times

Sterling Sharpe....Once held the record for most catches in season......Ha no less then 1,000 receiving yards every year except like 2-3 years....Hlped Bret Favre out by giving him a go-to Wide Out when Favre was still getting his feet wet.

Vinny Testerverde.....Played about 18 years and was steady most of the time....Played ina couple pro Bowls, a few playoff appearances and was starter damn near his entire career

Herchell Walker....First player to have over 700 rush and receiv yrds in back to back seasons...Only player to have a ko, catch and run over 90 yards in same season....Top five in NFL history for all-purpose yards

Terrell Buckley.....Numbers are better then alot of the greats and HOF.....Only isuue with T-Buck was his height and inconsistancy but was a phenomenal athlete and big play-making corner.

Andre Risen....Not a brner but great seperation from db's....put up huge numbers with Atlanta, got SB ring with Packers and played well with Chiefs.....Career numbers are huge too

Drew Bledsoe....Once signed the biggest contract in NFL history before getting hurt and losing job to Brady...Only great players get contracts like that...Also took team to SB and won the AFC championship against Steelers when Brady went out with injury prior to playing the Rams

Not great careers but steller careers....Everything i tped was off the top of my head and I didn't look it up either.