Will These Players Ever Make It Into The Pro Football HOF?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
I believe he'll make it. It might not be in his lifetime, but he'll make it. His body of work can't be denied. Plenty of players will make it in once they are truly given their propers for what they did and not how long they did it

Mar 16, 2005
I believe he'll make it. it might not be in his lifetime, but he'll make it. his body of work can't be denied
i hope he does, believe me im not sdaying i hope he doesnt, but as a broncos fan i have learned to live with the bias against the mountain time zone. Broncos have had others players who deserve the HOF more then TD and they arent in, including players like upchurch, mecklenburg, and possibly even simon fletcher

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
Maybe if they had the SB Champs attached to their tags, it might have gotten alot of them in. no player can be more valuable than the player responsible for bring your 1st and 2nsd Championship to your team. I mean at the end of the day, teams are trying to win the Championship. It might not be righrt, but alot of players won't make it because they didn't achieve the ultimate goal of winning a championship ring. And since this is the case, we can dig thru alot of football history and check for players being snubbed, but the fact that Davis is being snubbed is way more damaging to Denver history and this is coming from a non Broncos fan so their is no bias

Mar 16, 2005
Yeah Charles Haley should be in there... how many SB's did he win like 5? Also add Terrell Davis because without his hard running, Elway doesn't win back to back SB's. Plus Terrell Davis was a SuperBowl MVP, Regular season MVP (I think), and part of the 2,000 yard rushing club.
He'll be in the hall before it's all over. Bottom line is Elway didn't win it all until he had a dominant runner and by the time that happened, Elway was no more than a game manager who handed the ball to his workhorse. And so you don't say it was a fluke, Elway did it twice with TD. back to back. Terell Davis might not make it in anytime soon, but I believe his body of work in the amount of time he completed it stands up to any other runner in the game. Plus he played one of the most punishing positions and mad it look easy. No doubt is TD a HOF. whether he gets in or not means nothing as he isn't even being voted in by his peers. Most of the people voting have never even strapped on pads so how is their judgement even correct if they have never experienced the day to day punishment of football.

Nobody said he was the sole reason, but those MVPs in the Super bowl and for the League speak volumes for his importance to his team

End of discussion!!

hmmm sorry for taking things out of context I guess!?!?!?!?!? :(:hurt::ermm::mad::confused::eek:

thats the only reason I kept arguing because what you both orginally said made it sure sound like that

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
haha,at any of these guys getting in.roger craig was a hell of a player,and I wish he would make it.sharpe,easley and t.davis would of made it,but their careers were cut short due to injury.hershel is a joke,are u serious?boomer was legit,but he stuck behind a lot of great qb's from that era.lol@ the via sikahema comment.im with cut-throat on this one.good careers,but no HOF guys in that list.lmfao @ Buckley

May 30, 2006
in most peoples minds because of what happened after TD it looks like it was the system! if rb's wouldhave failed after td then he would be in but we havent had rb;'s fail so therefore it looks like it's system not the back.
I always say this..It was more the system then TD cuz he was a 6th round pick and after him all of those RB's for Denver were never 1st round picks a majority of them were not even gig time prospects coming out but all of them played great in Denver just like TD...TD had better numbers cuz he played for the all around better team....Remember what Davis' numbers looked like before his injury in 1999, the year after Elwat retired? They looked like shit.

Mar 16, 2005
I always say this..It was more the system then TD cuz he was a 6th round pick and after him all of those RB's for Denver were never 1st round picks a majority of them were not even gig time prospects coming out but all of them played great in Denver just like TD...TD had better numbers cuz he played for the all around better team....Remember what Davis' numbers looked like before his injury in 1999, the year after Elwat retired? They looked like shit.
and no zimmerman etc.... lol

you are preaching to the choir.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Well if it was the system, then why didn't any of those other running backs run for 2,000 yards behind that o-line? Why didn't any of those other running backs win any kind of MVP award? Or why didn't they win a SuperBowl, since it was the system....

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Remember what Davis' numbers looked like before his injury in 1999, the year after Elwat retired? They looked like shit.
Terrell just ran for 2,000 yards the season before he blew his knee out. Tell me what running back completely blew his knee out and then came back looking the same.... Knee injuries like that are career killers for running backs.

Mar 16, 2005
Well if it was the system, then why didn't any of those other running backs run for 2,000 yards behind that o-line? Why didn't any of those other running backs win any kind of MVP award? Or why didn't they win a SuperBowl, since it was the system....
well where was the 3 wr's to be afraid of, hmmmm griese's arm vs elways arm who to be afraid of???? a bunch of scrubs blocking for you on oline vs sclereth and zimmerman...mmmmmmmm one of the best fbs ever in griffith vs mike bell as your fb....seriously tony come on!!!!!!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
GTFOH!!!! Elway had a rocket arm and one of the greatest comeback qb's ever....U don't get that title by just managing games.
He's saying by the time TD started running for the Broncos. He wasn't talking about the prime 1980's John Elway, he was talking about the mid to late 90's Elway (when he was on the decline and on his way to retiring).

Mar 16, 2005
He's saying by the time TD started running for the Broncos. He wasn't talking about the 1980's John Elway, he was talking about the mid to late 90's Elway (when he was on the decline and on his way to retiring).

on the decline....hahahahahahahahahahaha ask your raiders how much he was declining

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
well where was the 3 wr's to be afraid of, hmmmm griese's arm vs elways arm who to be afraid of???? a bunch of scrubs blocking for you on oline vs sclereth and zimmerman...mmmmmmmm one of the best fbs ever in griffith vs mike bell as your fb....seriously tony come on!!!!!!
Was it the personnel or the system? If it was the "system" like you're saying then why are you naming individuals? It's the system right.....

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Boomer Esiason - Yes

Amahn Green - No

Sterling Sharpe - Yes

Vinny Testerverde - yes

Herchell Walker - yes

Andre Risen - yes

Drew Bledsoe - Yes

Roger Craig - Yes
Tim McDonald - No

Herman Moore - Yes
low standards

rison is my all time favorite receiver and he is no hall of famer.

Mar 16, 2005
Was it the personnel or the system? If it was the "system" like you're saying then why are you naming individuals? It's the system right.....
im saying it's both, if yo uhave good players for that system it all works. Are you telling me if Portis was on the super bowl teams he wouldnt have been as good as td?????