V-Nasty and Gucci Mane Album in December

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2011
The music game is about your audience and impact and instead of being upset that these girls have a larger audience then most bay rappers why not learn from them.
first off lemmie say congrats on your success fa sho, gotta respect that hustle.. but as far as learning anything, I've learned gimmicks sell in this industry.. WGM would jus be Mob with out the white girl in it. More power to them tho, cuz its just a drop in the pond! Im not convinced gucci mane seen anything more then a well packaged gimmick and he's lookin to capitalize on it...Really, with all the talent out here, he's a "fan" of WGM?. Not to knock what yall do, but we have underground legends who haven't had (imo) their fair share of exposure who have been doin this shit for many many moons... and he's reaching out to WGM?. I know a big part of it is 'whats selling.'.. The angry gangsta rapper don't sell anymore. A fanbase needs an artist they can identify with no doubt, now all the bay area white girls who want to hide under the ghetto umbrella can have someone to look up to, and I think that's one hellavua market to tap into no doubt, but It just comes off all as a gimmick..

But I agree with you about whats fucked up the bay in music. WAYY too many cheifs and not enough indians. Everyone is a CEO of a label now-a-dayz.. :dead:

I forgot where I found this.. might have been here on the siccness.. but I like what he has to say about the state of 'hip-hop'...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nEzRNz_J94&feature=related

Feb 16, 2006
Sure, maybe luck played a part in it, but I don't doubt they grind their asses off as well, which is what sets them aside from the underground rappers trying to make in the music business who think talent will get them everywhere.
how on earth do they grind their asses off any more than any other underground rapper? they go to the studio and make hella songs just like random rapper x, they passed out flyers and all that, they did local shows. theyaint work no harder then anybody else. they had a marketable gimmick and it gave them a boost. they out here now but lets not act like they put in anymore work than hella other rappers. they had a cathcy gimmck. extra hood white girls with a hipsterish vibe. plenty of underground rappers have put in hella work too

thizz

Sicc OG
Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
How many bay rappers went to sxsw last year? How many bay rappers went on a 5 state west coast tour? How many bay rappers have performed in new York city? How many bay rappers released a single in the UK through a UK label? How many bay rappers had international press? Well these are all the things Kreayshawn did this year BEFORE Gucci Gucci. This was not an overnight thing it was a process and because of that process one song changed it overnight. The world is a big place and there's a lot more going on then just our regional scene. Narrow minded thinking will continue to get minimal results.

Feb 8, 2003
this album will really depend on v nasty, like no matter how tight gucci will come he will take a backseat to a white girl from oakland

gucci would have to literally would have to destroy the white race on every song and make historical black leaders overlook every single song he has made to date to outdo anything v nasty does on a track

any gucci dosent have the intelligence to do that

hell i dont think anyone could do that

gucci would have to pull a malcom x i went to mecca and changed my life move because no matter what gucci does at the end of the day theres still the issue of a triple scoop electric ice cream on his face

i listen to the writing on the wall 2 when i run out of valium and need to sleep

but the state vs radric davis IMO was a classic southern album and i cant take that away from him, like i really consider that album to stand up against classic albums in the 90s.

Gucci not gonna be doing nothing for the next six months. He locked up for beating up that female that turned down his tricking offer.

Dec 12, 2006
How many bay rappers went to sxsw last year? How many bay rappers went on a 5 state west coast tour? How many bay rappers have performed in new York city? How many bay rappers released a single in the UK through a UK label? How many bay rappers had international press? Well these are all the things Kreayshawn did this year BEFORE Gucci Gucci. This was not an overnight thing it was a process and because of that process one song changed it overnight. The world is a big place and there's a lot more going on then just our regional scene. Narrow minded thinking will continue to get minimal results.
The first rule in marketing is know who your audience is, you started your post by asking how many did this did that, how many were little nerdy artist white girls?? prolly just the one, so the fact that she is selling to an audience that is for the most part untapped by local bay area rappers is hardly surprising, your making a investment, financially and character wise, and thats fine but dont act like its this god damm revelation that this lil artistic magic white girl has gotten some form of success, fuck that bitch she aint shit i dont care if she makes a billion dollars, its just like drake or whoever else its just some corn ball shit BUT if i had the opportunity i would market the hell out of her and get the money

thizz

Sicc OG
Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
The point was by doing things outside the bay area you open yourself up to a bigger audience. Not just her but every artist from the bay that does. Too Short and E-40 are who they are today because they invested in their careers early by going to other regions and markets. Now people can do the same thing via the internet and its working for people who know how to utilize it like Kreayshawn, Odd Future, Asap Rocky, Lil B, Mac Miller and so on. All of these artist used the internet to their advantage and have reached audiences outside of their regions. Now if you don't agree with the music, message, or whatever cool but you can apply the same practices to whatever style of music you like and I guarantee it will increase your fanbase.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
how many dozen flowers and boxes of candy have been sent to kreayshawn by a guy named "dead blue"??? and you better see if kevin costner is still "bodyguardin"...

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
SXSW is the shit...

If you haven't been to Austin, and inspiring to make it - your doing it all wrong. I remember meeting wiz kalifa 3 years ago, before he blew up. I think most any artist you can think of that's blown up has been there.

remind me I need to start saving... for the next one

Apr 25, 2002
SXSW is the shit...

If you haven't been to Austin, and inspiring to make it - your doing it all wrong. I remember meeting wiz kalifa 3 years ago, before he blew up. I think most any artist you can think of that's blown up has been there.

remind me I need to start saving... for the next one
its the same as golden era cats goin to The Gavin. cats dont be up on game, but tryna be in the game, and bitchin when the game aint showin love.

Dec 18, 2010
Stretch this is a serious question.how do I get my "art" my photography out there to the masses cus I have no idea how.who do I talk to about helping me hook up with a magazine or something?If you have some words of wisdom that would be great. www.JDOTCOLOMBO.com thanks

Oct 8, 2002
www.408inc.com
THIS.

Oct 8, 2002
www.408inc.com
The point was by doing things outside the bay area you open yourself up to a bigger audience. Not just her but every artist from the bay that does. Too Short and E-40 are who they are today because they invested in their careers early by going to other regions and markets. Now people can do the same thing via the internet and its working for people who know how to utilize it like Kreayshawn, Odd Future, Asap Rocky, Lil B, Mac Miller and so on. All of these artist used the internet to their advantage and have reached audiences outside of their regions. Now if you don't agree with the music, message, or whatever cool but you can apply the same practices to whatever style of music you like and I guarantee it will increase your fanbase.
AND THIS.