V-Nasty and Gucci Mane Album in December

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 11, 2011
Everything is a mothafuckin bandwagon. It's tough to hate on something different when the Bay is so stale ritnow. To be honest tho I don't even think Kreayshawn is gonna make music. She's got a half assed mixtape and a youtube sensation. I think she is gonna add a lot of creative shit to the entertainment business through film production and hipster steez (lol) and that is why Sony signed her. If she ends up makin a album that sells 100K they will be juiced and she can make some additional ends off touring.

Feb 8, 2003
Pay yall ghostwriters. thats not a good look when basically gucci gucci is dudes hit just as much as kreyshawns.

Kreayshawn’s “Gucci Gucci” Ghostwriter Says He Hasn’t Received Royalties

Speak, a rapper-turned-ghostwriter from Moreno Valley, California, who co-wrote Kreayshawn’s hit single “Gucci Gucci,” among others, says he still hasn’t seen any royalties for his work.

“That’s the weird thing,” he tells the L.A. Weekly about the track that got Kreay an alleged $1 million dollar deal with Columbia Records, “seeing someone become rich overnight and getting to do all the cool things that come with being a successful artist, knowing you had a part in that, but eating Spam for dinner.”

25-year-old Speak, born Anthony Negrete, has collaborated with the Oakland rapper on a number of other tracks, including “Rich Whores,” her only other release. Speak also says he taught Kreay how to count bars and “con-ceptualize and structure lines and put a filter on all the craziness.”

Hopefully, Speak will see his luck change with the release of his own album, Inside Out Boy, on November 14. The set is mixed and engineered by Odd Future’s Syd tha Kid and features production from Odd Future’s production duo the Super 3.—Gina Montana

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
R.I.P Rap.

Eminem did a lot of good for white artists, and V-Nasty just took us back 20 years. Good job.

And that's not hating...that's just real.

But this is definitely a good look for you, Stretch. Keep doing what you do.

Feb 7, 2006
i would have to be a complete hater to not recognize the real in this. thanks for shining some light on what went on before gucci went viral
but whats the real she has a gimmick playing to a largely hipster white crowd, I'm sorry but most of the bay's artists wouldn't be able to get on SXSW let alone knew what it was back in the day, she has a good team and good writers.

Feb 7, 2006
R.I.P Rap.

Eminem did a lot of good for white artists, and V-Nasty just took us back 20 years. Good job.

And that's not hating...that's just real.

But this is definitely a good look for you, Stretch. Keep doing what you do.
you shouldn't even think of it in terms of white rappers etc. the whole shit is just busted. EMinem had/has a genuine love for the craft openly talked about how being white would boost his sales and knew the real. He's respected most of these new rappers white and blacks already had the road pathed so they pick a gimmick, I'm a hipster, I'm white, I'm a fag, I'm gay and get they money for a while and bounce on.

Apr 25, 2002
but whats the real she has a gimmick playing to a largely hipster white crowd, I'm sorry but most of the bay's artists wouldn't be able to get on SXSW let alone knew what it was back in the day, she has a good team and good writers.
you can network at SXSW and get a feel for the industry "today"with out "get'n on".

as far as good writers, she has one hit song. how can you vouch for her writer(s)? doesnt every bay rapper think they're the dopest rapper/writer? thats more of a bad excuse (if you was a rapper). the writer just knows how to write songs that are catchy and noteworthy and that most bay rap fans will hate on.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
you shouldn't even think of it in terms of white rappers etc. the whole shit is just busted. EMinem had/has a genuine love for the craft openly talked about how being white would boost his sales and knew the real. He's respected most of these new rappers white and blacks already had the road pathed so they pick a gimmick, I'm a hipster, I'm white, I'm a fag, I'm gay and get they money for a while and bounce on.
How could a white rapper not think of it in terms of white rappers? White folks had a hell of a time getting back into hip-hop after Vanilla Ice.

And I know we're past the whole skin tone thing, but when it comes down to THIS, it takes us right back to where we were. We have a little white chick runnin' around saying shit she shouldn't be saying...and putting a divider back into hip-hop.

Feb 7, 2006
you can network at SXSW and get a feel for the industry "today"with out "get'n on".

as far as good writers, she has one hit song. how can you vouch for her writer(s)? doesnt every bay rapper think they're the dopest rapper/writer? thats more of a bad excuse (if you was a rapper). the writer just knows how to write songs that are catchy and noteworthy and that most bay rap fans will hate on.
SXSW represents the hip hop industry? SXSW is a festival where hip hop has some showing now because its a major music that can't be looked past but it is still very much a music/media festival catering to an indie rock, small band, hipster crowd. Yes you can go and network and get your shit out there, but the majority of fans there are not your average hip hop listeners.

Feb 7, 2006
How could a white rapper not think of it in terms of white rappers? White folks had a hell of a time getting back into hip-hop after Vanilla Ice.

And I know we're past the whole skin tone thing, but when it comes down to THIS, it takes us right back to where we were. We have a little white chick runnin' around saying shit she shouldn't be saying...and putting a divider back into hip-hop.
I don't know, hat can you say, you have blacks behind these white chicks tryna do what white managers did with blacks artists in the yeasteryears, the difference was black artists were doing black music and didn't have white people writing for them and putting their image together so whatever it is its bizarre and I don't think it will affect white rappers, we're past that phase.

I didn't want to enter this thread, now I dun goofed...

Apr 25, 2002
SXSW represents the hip hop industry? SXSW is a festival where hip hop has some showing now because its a major music that can't be looked past but it is still very much a music/media festival catering to an indie rock, small band, hipster crowd. Yes you can go and network and get your shit out there, but the majority of fans there are not your average hip hop listeners.
you gave that whole spill and not one word in your paragraph should discourage a bay rapper from attending if they got what the games missing. if you aint got what its missing then you got what every body else has. in that position, yeah, dont go and stick to your plan.

Feb 7, 2006
you gave that whole spill and not one word in your paragraph should discourage a bay rapper from attending if they got what the games missing. if you aint got what its missing then you got what every body else has. in that position, yeah, dont go and stick to your plan.
It shouldn't and while they're at it they can go network at a country music festival since willie nelson and snoop collabed.

Feb 7, 2006
Is it really a hit song? Or is it a youtube sensation? Rebecca Black had a "hit song"...but the song was complete shit. The dude who wrote that track and got tens of millions of youtube hits did so with ZERO talent as a songwriter.
rebecca black's song isn't on the radio or in the clubs

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I don't know, hat can you say, you have blacks behind these white chicks tryna do what white managers did with blacks artists in the yeasteryears, the difference was black artists were doing black music and didn't have white people writing for them and putting their image together so whatever it is its bizarre and I don't think it will affect white rappers, we're past that phase.

I didn't want to enter this thread, now I dun goofed...
It's not about who's behind who doing what. The cats behind the scenes are trying to get paid, so who can be mad at that?

Time will tell what this does to the image. Hopefully the true hip-hop cats will shine through...but you never know. It could get to the point where folks are like, "Not another one of these white circus clowns".