**The Official SF Giants 2010 Season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Travis Ishikawa (foot) hopes to begin playing intersquad games in the Giants' Minor League camp on Thursday.
Ishikawa ran the bases on Sunday for the first time since suffering two partially torn ligaments in his left foot in late-January. While he's still confident he'll be ready for the start of the season, he freely admits that he currently has some limitations. "Defensively, I can't drive off that foot to get the ball in the hole," said Ishikawa. But I think they know what I can do." No longer assured of an everyday role, Ishikawa figures to be a late-inning defensive replacement for new first baseman Aubrey Huff this season.

Giants manager Bruce Bochy said he plans to rest Aaron Rowand over the next few days.
Rowand is a red-hot 12-for-24 (.500) to begin the exhibition schedule, however he has been bothered by tightness in his left quadriceps for about a week. Rowand said that the injury "grabbed him" while he chased a fly ball during the seventh inning of Sunday's spring loss to the Brewers, so Bochy will take it easy with him for now. Rowand is expected to open the season as San Francisco's leadoff hitter.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Giants optioned 1B Brett Pill to Triple-A Fresno; reassigned SS Ehire Adrianza, OFs Thomas Neal and Wendell Fairley, Cs Johnny Monell, Hector Sanchez and Jackson Williams and IF Nick Noonan to minor league camp.
Pill, 25, batted .298/.348/.480 last season with Double-A Connecticut, leading the Eastern League with 109 RBI. With 19 homers, he finally showed some power -- his previous career-high was 10 -- but he'll need to repeat his success to be given a serious chance in the majors.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Emmanuel Burriss is undecided about how he will proceed from a broken bone in his left foot.
Burriss consulted with orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon Dr. Robert Anderson on Tuesday. He didn't urge anything in particular for the 25-year-old, but the team is considering a few options. He could undergo another surgery, or skip surgery and allow his foot to heal naturally. Burris mentioned that if he decided to forgo surgery, he could be walking normally in two weeks. It's obviously a very delicate and complicated situation, so we shouldn't count on seeing him on the field anytime soon.

Travis Ishikawa (foot) believes that he can play in a Cactus League game by Friday or Saturday.
Ishikawa tore ligaments in his left foot before reporting to camp, however he has rehabbed the injury pretty rapidly. He had 11 at-bats in minor league intrasquad games between Monday and Tuesday and was expected to play the field for the first time during a minor league exhibition game on Wednesday. As long as he suffers nothing in the way of setbacks, Ishikawa will likely play a role as a defensive replacement for Aubrey Huff this season.

Sep 18, 2002
How'd you get to do that?
My sisters a cleat chaser. Haha. She knows zitos trainer and he invited us to his birthday dinner. Zito was pretty cool he came up and introduced himself. Brian wilson was harrassing the waitress about getting him milk. That guy is a little weird.

The game was dope. Sat in the right field pavillion. All u can eat and drink. I was loaded off michelob ultras by the 2nd inning. All i remember was the 2 hr in the first. Hahhaha.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Aubrey Huff is tearing it up. 10 game hit streak, .394/.474/.758! in 33 at-bats, 10 RBI's. Im diggin him in the cleanup spot.

Juan Uribe was pulled from Monday's game with right hamstring tightness.
Uribe is expected to serve as the Giants' Opening Day second baseman because Freddy Sanchez is already on the shelf. Let's hope this minor setback doesn't get in the way of that plan. Uribe is sure to sit out the next few spring games and is likely to undergo further testing this week.

Wellemeyer looks good too, give him the 5th spot in the rotation

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
The Giants are shopping infielder Kevin Frandsen, according to Henry Shulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.
Frandsen, 27, has had success the minors but none at the major league level. He hit .295/.352/.438 at Triple-A last year, but has slipped on the organization's depth chart. Frandsen does have a minor league option left, if the Giants cannot move him.

Giants optioned LHP Madison Bumgarner to Triple-A Fresno.
And there we have it. Todd Wellemeyer will serve as the Giants' fifth starter this season while Bumgarner will kick off the year where he belongs: Triple-A. And we expect fellow youngster Kevin Pucetas to join him in the next few days. Wellemeyer, 31, has a 1.20 ERA over 15 innings (five appearances) this spring, while the 20-year-old Bumgarner turned a 6.43 ERA in seven innings. We're sure to see all of them this season.

looks good to me, Wellemeyer deserved it. Bumgarner will get his chance later this season.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
Giants sign reliever Jeremy Affeldt to new contract

The San Francisco Giants have made sure that Jeremy Affeldt, one of the game's top setup men, won't be hitting the free-agent market any time soon.

The team signed him to a two-year, $9.5 million extension this week, according to a person familiar with the contract who requested anonymity since the contract has yet to be announced.

Affeldt will receive $4.5 million in 2010 and 2011 with a $5 million option or $5o0,000 buyout in 2011. Affeldt was originally scheduled to receive $4 million this season in the final year of a two-year, $8 million deal but the contract was revised.

Affleldt, 30, had a stellar 2009 for the Giants, going 2-2 with a 1.73 ERA, yielding just 42 hits in 62 1/3 innings.

By Bob Nightengale
I like the move...