**The Official SF Giants 2010 Season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
First spring training game is today so it is official!!! we are under way!!!

My predictions:
Panda hits .320 with 29 HR and 102 RBI
Timmy wins 20!!!!!
Cain wins 17!!!!
Freddy Sanchez plays in 135 games
Brian Wilson blows less than 5 saves all year.
Freddy Lewis is DFA and ends up in Montreal... i know they dont exist, thats the point!

GO GIANTS!!!!!!

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Guess I'll start posting news in here then.

Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News believes Freddy Sanchez (knee, shoulder) will begin the 2010 season on the disabled list.
Sanchez isn't expected to pick up a bat for at least another week and the Giants certainly don't want to rush him. He underwent a shoulder procedure in late December and had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee back in late September. Juan Uribe is likely to fill in at second base.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
All i know is Huff hit the first pitch he seen in a giants uniform out of the yard today. our pitching sucked balls, but its spring training. and the Mariners are gonna be tough. their lineup 1-5 is beastly!

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Giants prospect Thomas Neal left Wednesday's game against the Mariners in the sixth inning after being plunked in the head by right-hander Ricky Orta.
Scary. Fortunately, Neal never went down and walked off the field under his own power. The 22-year-old outfielder batted .337/.431/.579 with 22 homers and 90 RBI with High-A San Jose last season. He was recently ranked as the organization's No. 4 prospect by Baseball America.

vvvvvv

Giants prospect Thomas Neal was laughing and alert in the Giants' clubhouse Wednesday, soon after being plunked in the head with a pitch.

Emmanuel Burriss felt pain in his surgically-repaired foot Wednesday after hitting a double in spring game.
"He was very discouraged," said Giants manager Bruce Bochy. It's not yet clear how long he will be out, but the setback certainly hurts his chances of cracking San Francisco's Opening Day roster. Burris, 25, batted just .238/.292/.267 in 202 at-bats last season.

and i guess they're planning on having Rowand bat leadoff this year

Jan 5, 2006
just copped a shirt, whats shipping looking like?

why dont the g boys make a move. There one player away from something big. Adrian Gonzalez woulda been dope
Right on! Your shirt is all packed up and ready to go, i'll be sending it out first thing tomorrow morning.

To get Adrian Gonzalez, we'd have to give up a lot. Either Lincecum or Cain, and also Bumgarner and some prospects.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Travis Ishikawa (foot) is out of a walking boot.
Good news. Ishikawa suffered two partially torn ligaments in his left foot while slipping on some stairs about a month ago, but he's already participating in all baseball activities outside of running. Still, he probably won't play in the early part of the Cactus League schedule.

Thomas Neal is feeling fine after being plunked in the helmet with a pitch on Wednesday.
Neal has a bump on his head, but passed all concussion tests. Even better, he could take batting practice as soon as today.

X-Rays on Emmanuel Burriss' surgically-repaired left foot came back negative.
Burriss felt pain in the foot during Wednesday's game against the Mariners. It's a really tough setback considering that the 25-year-old infielder underwent season-ending surgery on the very same foot last summer. It doesn't appear that there's a new fracture there, but Burriss needed the help of crutches on Thursday. He's scheduled to undergo an MRI later today.

May 14, 2005
Zito hits Fielder in retaliation for celebration

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP)—The first pitch of the spring to Milwaukee Brewers first baseman Prince Fielder(notes) landed directly in the middle of his back.

It wasn’t due to a lack of control on the part of San Francisco Giants left-hander Barry Zito(notes). There was a reason.

The Giants had been simmering all winter over Fielder’s antics after hitting a walk-off home run against them at Milwaukee’s Miller Park on Sept. 6. When Fielder neared home plate, he braced for contact with his teammates, who fell backward like bowling pins.

There had been rumblings that the Giants were going to send a message to Fielder on Thursday, and they wasted no time in doing so.

Plate umpire Ted Barrett went about halfway to the mound to make sure no larger fireworks ensued and Fielder ambled to first base with not much of a reaction, as if to say, “OK, you got me.”

Good to hear, that motherfucker had it coming to him.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Mark DeRosa (wrist) expects to take batting practice this weekend.
DeRosa acknowledged Thursday that he still feels routine soreness in his surgically-repaired wrist. "But it's nothing that would keep me from playing," he said. "Not at all. I think I could play today." DeRosa inked a two-year, $12 million contract with the Giants this winter and is expected to serve as the club's starting left fielder during the upcoming season.

Freddy Sanchez (shoulder) has a checkup with his doctor this weekend.
It's possible that he could finally pick up a bat this week. Sanchez underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left shoulder in late-January and is doubtful for the start of the regular season. Juan Uribe will likely fill in at second base while he's on the shelf.