**The Official SF Giants 2010 Season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
They do need to make a move. They are playing with a team that is old, slow and overweight. Unless DeRosa ends up being some superstar you can forget about it.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
They do need to make a move. They are playing with a team that is old, slow and overweight. Unless DeRosa ends up being some superstar you can forget about it.
NO money and room to make moves...what we have is good enough to have a chance to win...

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Byung-Hyun Kim can opt out of his minor league contract with the Giants on March 15 if he feels he doesn't have a good shot of making the team.
Kim hasn't played in a major league game since 2007, when he posted a 6.09 ERA in 118 1/3 innings for the Rockies, Marlins and Diamondbacks. He's a longshot to make the Giants' Opening Day roster at this point, but that could always change if he puts on a show during the exhibition season.

Emmanuel Burris has been diagnosed with a fractured toe and will be in a walking boot for the next four weeks.
He can safely be counted out for Opening Day. Burris underwent season-ending surgery on the same foot last summer and was hoping to head into the 2010 season fully healthy, but he suffered the fracture on Wednesday in a spring game against the Mariners. Once he's fully recovered, the infielder will have to take a long trip through the minors.

Jan 5, 2006
I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the games.. Management needs to get their heads out their ass and start investing money in the team not just for profit. It takes money to make money....

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Outfielder Nate Schierholtz fouled a ball off of his left knee in batting practice Sunday and was on the ground for several minutes.
That's all the information Andrew Baggarly provided, so we'll have to wait for more information to see if this will be a significant injury. It would be a shame for the 26-year-old outfielder, as he is the favorite for the right field job in San Francisco after batting .267/.302/.400 in 285 at-bats last year.