The official grand theft auto 5 gameplay thread ***spoiler alert***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Which system do you have GTA 5 for?

• Total voters

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
my tinfoil hat is on and i think GTAO never worked to begin with. thats probably the real reason they pushed it back 2 weeks so they could try to fix it. also its very strange that these guys are getting ZERO negative press behind this. when sim city 5 came out, EA got bashed in the media.
im with butcher tho, online was the real reason why i bought this game.
It worked for the testers that were playing it for a week before release. The problem if the servers, they jew'd us to save shekels and now they are waiting for a week to pass before buying servers because they know it will die down a bit regardless.

Nothing works except for the micro transaction oh gee thanks *Jewstar

Well the main reason for the EA SimCity bad press was the stupid mandatory must be online at all times. That's what really did it. Plus some people couldn't even play for a month.

GTA isn't known for online play, really. It's the single player experience that is what sells. So for the survers not being ready for one day isn't a big deal, yet.
Sim city didn't work because nothing from EA works, they are the worst publisher in the history of video games, they started this releasing games without QA and everyone followed suit. Fuck EA.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
.. they jew'd us to save shekels...

Nothing works except for the micro transaction oh gee thanks *Jewstar
lmao

i think the microtransactions are through sony online. ive read people spent like up to 400,000 after paying to play with microtransactions and had it disappear

so if anyone does get online i would save all your loot, if you spend it your character might reset and youd lose all your work and time/ real cash if youre a pay to play type person

Props: [-KoRp$-]559
Feb 14, 2006
Grand Theft Auto Online Launch Updates

Posted 17 minutes ago | Author: R* Q | Filed Under: Games, Social Club

Thank you everyone for continuing to bear with us since yesterday’s initial roll out of Grand Theft Auto Online – we’re aware that a variety of technical difficulties have made it difficult to get access and that the experience has been a bit less than smooth for many of you who jumped in straight away, so here are a few updates as of this afternoon to keep you all apprised.

At the Rockstar Games Support site, there is a dedicated article listing out the most common technical issues being reported. Things are changing and developing frequently but here are some latest updates as of this afternoon:

For PlayStation 3 users, a PlayStation Network server issue was detected that was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users. This was preventing most players from accessing GTA Online altogether and as of this morning, that problem was resolved.

There is an issue that is preventing some players from getting through the first tutorial mission across both platforms. Many players have been able to get through this with repeated retries, and we are working on unblocking this for everyone as soon as possible.

This morning, we experienced some instability across the GTA Online services which is affecting even people who have progressed beyond the tutorial mission. We are identifying these issues now and are working to restore stability for users as soon as possible.

For the time being and until we have been able to get everybody access to GTA Online and things are running smoothly, we have disabled the option of purchasable GTA$ cash packs. Players can however keep on earning GTA$ by pulling off Jobs and other profitable gameplay activities rather than purchasing cash packs.

You can keep updated on these and other common issues by subscribing to the GTA Online Launch Status Rockstar Support article at [Updated 4:30 PM ET 10/2/13] GTA Online Launch Status -- Latest Updates – Rockstar Support. Subscribers will be sent an automatic notification as updates happen.

All of these initial technical issues will be ironed out as soon as we can. Please know that the entire team here at Rockstar and all of our relevant partners are and will continue to be working around the clock to get the experience to be as smooth as possible, as soon as possible.

In the meantime, for anyone experiencing technical problems, we encourage you to report them to our dedicated Support Team at Support.RockstarGames.com and at twitter.com/RockstarSupport. This is the best place to get direct technical help and we are constantly looking at the most commonly reported issues there to resolve.

For those of you who have been getting into and playing GTA Online, we also encourage you to please share your gameplay experience feedback with us at GTAOnline[USER=18988]@rocks[/USER]targames.com so that we may know what aspects you’re liking and disliking to help guide how the game will grow and evolve past this initial period.

Grand Theft Auto Online Launch Updates | Rockstar Games

Feb 8, 2003
i created my dude last night and apparently it didnt save him so i did it again today had him with a black shirt and black glasses dude comes out in a yellow shirt and some reflective glasses im not trying to watch that intro again just getm em the fuck online

that happen to me so i created a new guy then i go back and my old dude appears so now i have two created characters for online.

Props: Unknownn
Feb 8, 2003
Posted 17 minutes ago | Author: R* Q | Filed Under: Games, Social Club

Thank you everyone for continuing to bear with us since yesterday’s initial roll out of Grand Theft Auto Online – we’re aware that a variety of technical difficulties have made it difficult to get access and that the experience has been a bit less than smooth for many of you who jumped in straight away, so here are a few updates as of this afternoon to keep you all apprised.

At the Rockstar Games Support site, there is a dedicated article listing out the most common technical issues being reported. Things are changing and developing frequently but here are some latest updates as of this afternoon:

For PlayStation 3 users, a PlayStation Network server issue was detected that was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users. This was preventing most players from accessing GTA Online altogether and as of this morning, that problem was resolved.

There is an issue that is preventing some players from getting through the first tutorial mission across both platforms. Many players have been able to get through this with repeated retries, and we are working on unblocking this for everyone as soon as possible.

This morning, we experienced some instability across the GTA Online services which is affecting even people who have progressed beyond the tutorial mission. We are identifying these issues now and are working to restore stability for users as soon as possible.

For the time being and until we have been able to get everybody access to GTA Online and things are running smoothly, we have disabled the option of purchasable GTA$ cash packs. Players can however keep on earning GTA$ by pulling off Jobs and other profitable gameplay activities rather than purchasing cash packs.

You can keep updated on these and other common issues by subscribing to the GTA Online Launch Status Rockstar Support article at [Updated 4:30 PM ET 10/2/13] GTA Online Launch Status -- Latest Updates – Rockstar Support. Subscribers will be sent an automatic notification as updates happen.

All of these initial technical issues will be ironed out as soon as we can. Please know that the entire team here at Rockstar and all of our relevant partners are and will continue to be working around the clock to get the experience to be as smooth as possible, as soon as possible.

In the meantime, for anyone experiencing technical problems, we encourage you to report them to our dedicated Support Team at Support.RockstarGames.com and at twitter.com/RockstarSupport. This is the best place to get direct technical help and we are constantly looking at the most commonly reported issues there to resolve.

For those of you who have been getting into and playing GTA Online, we also encourage you to please share your gameplay experience feedback with us at GTAOnline[USER=18988]@rocks[/USER]targames.com so that we may know what aspects you’re liking and disliking to help guide how the game will grow and evolve past this initial period.

Grand Theft Auto Online Launch Updates | Rockstar Games

buying cash packs? wtf they too greedy company made a billion dollars. i rather we earn the cash on the game instead of buying it bc thats gonna make it easier for some lame with no life to waste hundreds of dollars on cash packs

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Everybody should flood them with request to remake the custom character creation that shit is rediculous, my guy looks nothing like me lol. They had a good concept but with these little options of perents faces to choose from it sucks. They should take all that shit off and do it like saints row characrer customization.

Feb 8, 2003
bullshit, ive played the game for like 70 hours and things are considerably different. ive never had trouble turning with a flat tire, and have never did a super fast double donut trying to turn. ive never tried to accelerate while stopped with a flat and gone backwards. ive killed over 600 cops and have never seen their accuracy so bad. ive experienced the tranny probs, but only after extreme vehicle damage with a car on its last legs, never after just hitting a light pole. ive never seen a trail of gas ignite my car from a punctured gas tank,ive shot up dozens of cars and have had hundreds of cars shot up. ive ditched something like 500 wanted stars and never have they been so easy to lose now

its different now

they changed some gameplay when they did that patch on the first. supposely they fixed the car disappearing out the grarage glitch and the losing upgrades

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
buying cash packs? wtf they too greedy company made a billion dollars. i rather we earn the cash on the game instead of buying it bc thats gonna make it easier for some lame with no life to waste hundreds of dollars on cash packs
I spent 10 bucks on NBA2K13 to make my character bad ass out the gate.
it didnt take any fun out of the process...actual made it better cuz my dude jumed way the hell up in minutes and became a stater with the quickness..

i was thinkin of doing the same when this shit is all fixed and working properly.. first i have to see what its going for and all that... but i dont know about no 100s of dollars on cash packs tho..
that shit is ridiculous