The official grand theft auto 5 gameplay thread ***spoiler alert***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Which system do you have GTA 5 for?

• Total voters

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
wtf i just did and it says ive spent 100k on weapons and armor and 100k on health care, with 550k earned overall

theres the time sink MMORPG aspect right there
since I lost my character on social club it still says my total spent and earned so maybe there is some hope, but I doubt it the way rockstar has been working lol.

Feb 14, 2006
well I fucking was an idiot and tried to log in to see if the server was back up, now my charcter is wiped out on Social Club. I'm pissed agaIN LOL
Ya know what...pffttt..fuck that shit lol.
I've re-created my character 3 times by now and each one was level 6 and 20 gs when they disappeared out of nowhere. I actually cherish the level 7 and 30 grand I have now lol. I just got into 5g missions last night. Starting over is draining. I don't even feel like I'm earning anything til I reach the point my last character was at.

I haven't gone on all day because 95% of the complaints at rockstar and their Facebook page is deleted characters today.
I WAS gonna go on tonight after the football games were over but fuck all that now lol Guess I'll just roam around in single player.
By any chance, were you kicked off at some point, and came back when you found out all the work was erased? Or did you log offline successfully and find out it disappeared next time you signed in?

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
I couldnt get on this morning and my character was gone, so I checked social and it was there. I said fuck it I'll wait til later today, well rockstar said they put a new title update so I decided to go online and try it. I started in story mode, decided fuck it ill do a solo mission, I clicked solo it showed the 2 slots with 1 being my charcter which was showing all my stats with level 15, I clicked that thinking it would start me in solo mode but it took me right to new character creation screen, so I quit out of that and was like I better check my social club and make sure it's there, and sure enough it wasn't. I'm just not gonna make another character until the shit is stable, fuckk putting in hours of work for nothing. I'm glad you still got yours though, I should have just did like you and stayed off the game.

Feb 14, 2006
Hell yeah man right with you. I'm done goin through that. I think I'm just lucky I didn't get on today. Rockstar isn't even sending out their copy pasted responses to emails. I think they took the day off.

Props: Mr G and Kon1

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
My only hope is that the character comes back because it shows my money spent and earned and under Career it shows my total time played and hella stats, so I'm hoping it will be restored at some point. I'm just giving it a break until they restore my shit or tell us we are fucked and we have to start over, which is really fucking hard LMAO.

Feb 14, 2006
Whats weird is all my money earned for my 2nd character carried over to my 3rd when character 2 was deleted. Just none of the progress was there. Character 3 started off with about 13 grand. IDK why the fuck the money stayed and everything else didn't.
Hopefully, since you won't be goin back til rockstar fixes this they can help you. For me it's too late.
Here you can request to get your character back:

Rockstar Support

They implied they'd help members get their stuff back but A lot of their answers are vague. "We're working on it" "while you wait for permanent fix', "we'll do our best". Evidently the online patch didn't fix a thing. Seems like luck of the draw, really. These guys don't know wtf is goin on lol.

Props: Kon1
Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
why do people make vids like that? rockstar will see it and gimp it. watch the block that little section next patch guaranteed. some guy named mystroduck showed me that 9k every 2 mins mission, bam, next day you cant replay missions you just beat. ppl were abusing the fuck out of it and it ended up on youtube in some video called 250k AN HOUR!!!!! or something gay. also there was some video telling ppl to go to online solo mode, rob a store, open the playstation store, close the store, then you start back in front of the store, rob it again, repeat over and over. i bet with thousands of ppl doing that thats why the servers stayed real bad for so long.

anyway end rant lol
There's actually a way to replay that mission after the patch. I saw someone post a video of it on the GTA forums and sure enough some little bitch said he was gonna report it to Rockstar because it's unfair. I wanna get on and try it today before it's patched but all these lost character stories are scaring me.

Props: Kon1

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
There's actually a way to replay that mission after the patch. I saw someone post a video of it on the GTA forums and sure enough some little bitch said he was gonna report it to Rockstar because it's unfair. I wanna get on and try it today before it's patched but all these lost character stories are scaring me.
Trust me, from someone who lost a character they spent 20+ hours building IT'S NOT WORTH EVEN TRYING YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CHARACTER! Just wait it out like the rest of us who have lost ours and won't try again until it's stable.

Props: kingsix18
May 7, 2013
Michigan
I think it's mostly ps3 cuz I've had almost 0 issues with Xbox since the last patch......any other Xbox users have any input?
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just PS3, dude I work with says the first day he tried playing online it dropped him off in the middle of a parking lot with like 30 other people and just froze. I got a PS3 too and mine froze today, as well as making me wait like a half an hour just to get in online.

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
LMAO My homie Nism0 is all butt hurt about it HAHAHAHHAAH! Told me a few mins ago "If my character is gone chances are I prolly won't ever play this game again, it's just bullshit, it's only a game" I told that fucker he will eat his words when the servers become stable and we are all killing shit ranking up PROPERLY!

Feb 14, 2006
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just PS3, dude I work with says the first day he tried playing online it dropped him off in the middle of a parking lot with like 30 other people and just froze. I got a PS3 too and mine froze today, as well as making me wait like a half an hour just to get in online.
xbox and ps3 users are raging on rockstars website over the problems. That's why I called it luck of the draw. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for it. It just happens. That's why I'm offline til they fix it. Not enough patience for me to go through a 4th character. edit:ps3 for me

Props: Mr G and Kon1