The official grand theft auto 5 gameplay thread ***spoiler alert***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Which system do you have GTA 5 for?

• Total voters

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Finally saved up enough money to get an apartment...shit is pretty cool I have a 6 car garage the inside of the actual apartment is pretty damn nice too and I even have a surveillance camera on my tv...some random person even buzzed my doorbell n I took advantage to c who it was n this dude was just waiting for me to come outside, I figured he wanted to jack me so I just stood inside n waited him out. Even enjoyed a few beers n wiskey......too bad after I bought the place I found out I need a higher end building to start a heist (fuck) but it's a good thing I can just get my money back up n use the apartment I have to add to my money and buy the higher end place......I'll b able to get my money back up in a few days probably so it's cool
Fuck the bullshit! I'm coppin an apartment before the day is over LOL.

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
well it looks like the servers are down AGAIN! I keep getting a timed out session error. I can't believe after almost a week these faggots at Rockstar can't get enough servers or keep them stable enough for everyone to play. They prolly kickin back partying fucking off that billion dollars we all gave them LOL.

EDIT: Solo mode works, but there are no missions showing up. So I'm just gonna go rob stores and get what little bit of loot I can for now.

Last edited:

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
any one having trouble with the update for the PS3?? ill hit "OK" to update and the screen just goes black and sits there.
I keep hearing about this PS3 title update, but I have turned my system and the game off multiple times and have yet to see any kind of update when I turn it or the game on. Where are you seeing this update?

Dec 19, 2005
i got the ps3 set up to go to the ps3 menu as soon as it powers up.. i go over to games and click on the ps3 disc.

click the disc and then the udate screen pops up.. i can hear the start of the game in the background.. i hit "ok" for version 1.02

and then background noise stops and i get a black screen... wouldnt even let me hit the ps3 home button on the controller.. nor reset the playstation with the button on the console. i had to pull the plug on the back of the PS.

Feb 14, 2006
any one having trouble with the update for the PS3?? ill hit "OK" to update and the screen just goes black and sits there.
The very 1st update, yes. It went black my first try. I was forced to unplug the ps3 from the power source just to get it back on. The 2nd try went through the way it's supposed to.
Rockstar released an un-finished online multiplayer. I got on yesterday and was happy as fuck just to see my level 7 character with 20 grand still there lol. It's a dreadful experience logging in until I get confirmation my work wasn't wiped clean haha That's not a good look. When is this shit supposed to be stabilized?

I also noticed, for me anyway, as far as the servers go, that I can't get on until around noon the last 3 days. So I'll finish my coffee and hop on in a couple hours. Kinda fiending to get back to be honest but I only expect more of the same "server unavailable" message until noon.

Nov 18, 2010
This game makes me more angry than a video game should.

I waste an hour getting 15 grand then lose it in 5min in hospital bills cuz I can't let someone kill me without tryna get revenge 5 times.

Props: Mr G
Aug 13, 2009
sorry, but what does AFK mean? lmfao when did you take that dogg? Must have been last night when I was Online but I just left my character chillin in the streets. Hahahah I was looking hella weak until I chaNGED to that fit you see right there. Hopefully I see some of y'all on later today.
This was probably around 9 or 10. Creeped up on you and was seeing if you were there. and noticed you werent so i hopped in my car and was pushing you up a hill lol. About 5 minutes after that, you got in (or atleast i thought it was you). Not even 2 minutes down the road, whoever was playing you had a GOD DAMN STICKY BOMB, and blew us both up LOL.

and AFK means away from keyboard.

Aug 13, 2009
maybe all is not lost
The Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable right now. Only disc content will be available and saving will be disabled. Are you sure you would like to proceed?
Check to see if your character is still posted on the rockstar social site.
If its gone from there then it is most likely gone.

Aug 13, 2009
Loss of characters, rank, items, apartments, and/or in-game money in GTA Online – Rockstar Support

Rockstar Games
Last updated 20 hours ago
Question: My online character, rank, items, apartments, and/or cash are suddenly missing. How can I get them back?

Answer: We have received reports from some players who experienced losing characters, progress, items, and/or in-game cash during the first few days after release. We are working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information about this, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. You do not need to do anything else, and you can continue playing in the meantime.

Note: When the Rockstar Cloud Services are unavailable, you are given the option to still play online on disc-based content (rather than R* Cloud content). You are asked to confirm before entering Multiplayer whether you would like to play on a temporary character, without the ability to save. If you confirm this option, please note that none of your old characters will be available for that play session, and the temporary character you create will not be saved. If you want to make sure the characters you create are saved, you should not proceed into GTA Online when the R* Cloud Servers are unavailable. Even if the services come back up while you are playing on a temporary character, that temporary character will not save -- you would need to return to Single Player and re-enter GTA Online to load your non-temporary characters and resume playing with the ability to save progress.

Note: When exiting GTA Online, please pause the game and choose to return to Single Player. This will trigger a save and ensure that progress since the last auto-save is recorded. If you purchase items and immediately power the console off or exit through console system menus, those items may not be saved.

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
wow this is fucking BULLSHIT! I was level 16 with like 40k saving up for an apartment, I quit the game to go make a few moves come back and NOW MY CHARACTER IS GONE! FUCK ROCKSTAR AND THIS GOD DAMN GAME LOL