The official 2014 Raiders offseason thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Forget about Pryor. It's never going to happen for him. Why would you keep him when you have:

Schaub: A veteran that's been in the statistical top 10 QB for 4+ years.

McGloin: The guy that stepped in when Pryor was hurt and did better.

...and the #5 pick in the draft.

If they were to take a QB in the draft this season or even next that means you would have; a stable veteran who passes for a ton of yards, a solid back-up who already knows the playbook, and the possible QB of the future learning behind them for a couple seasons. What would Pryor be adding to that equation?

Pryor should abandon trying to be a QB, and put all his efforts into becoming a TE.

I'm reading Richie Incognito rumors this morning.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Tony was a Saints fan when Aaron Brooks was there qb but wasnt a fan of theres when they won the Superbowl which was obviously after that lol. If ur gonna bandwagon do it right.
which is exactly why I want him off this bandwagon!!!!!

he's bringing us down man!!!!!!!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
which is exactly why I want him off this bandwagon!!!!!

he's bringing us down man!!!!!!!
If order for a team to have a "bandwagon" that team has to be winning. When was the last time the Raiders had a winning season? There are no bandwagon Raider fans, but there will be once they start winning again. That won't happen with Shaub at qb.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I still like to talk football, Niner/Raider/Cowboy/NFL.... the team doesn't matter.

So just because I say I'm done as a fan doesn't mean I'm done with stating my opinions.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Bleacher Reports Mock Draft update...

ESPN's Mel Kuiper, BleacherReports Matt Miller, SI's Don Banks, CBS Sport's Will Brinson, USA Today's Nate Davis...

Kiper: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

Miller: Jadeveon Clowney, DE/OLB, South Carolina

Brinson: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

Banks: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

Davis: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
It was bound to happen eventually. In fact, on some level it's a surprise it took this long.

All five panelists selected a different player for the Raiders at No. 5. For Bleacher Report's Miller, it was Clowney. "Clowney would be a cornerstone player for a defense in need of help," Miller wrote.

Meanwhile, SI's Banks threw his support behind Texas A&M tackle Jake Matthews, stating, "Matthews isn't as sexy a pick as Clemson receiver Watkins, but after Oakland let Jared Veldheer walk in free agency, and then endured the Rodger Saffold blunder, an instant starter at left tackle will do just fine."

However, at the end of the day, it's hard see the Raiders passing on a quarterback, and ESPN's Kiper believes Bridgewater will be that signal-caller:

“
The Raiders are actively trying to improve the offensive line in free agency, the Rodger Saffold soap opera not withstanding. Austin Howard is the one name in the fold so far. This is a possible trade-down slot given the many personnel needs this team still has, but it'd be hard to pass on the most NFL-ready QB in the draft, and a player who could help turn the franchise around. The current QB depth chart in Oakland simply doesn't promise much, so Bridgewater has the potential to play early and not just survive, but change the fortunes and direction of the franchise."

Nov 20, 2013
Vic Tafur ‏ V @VIC Tafur 1h
Reggie McKenzie on losing LT Jared Veldheer to Cardinals: "The kid didn’t want to play for the #Raiders anymore, and I struggled with that."

McKenzie said it was the same boat with departed DE Lamarr Houston but "he was a little more sincere about wanting to come back." #Raiders

L. Houston told Raiders he thought #Bears had better QB situation & chance 2 win, & McKenzie respected that "In end, it's player's decision"

Jun 23, 2005
We need running back help, we can't count on DMC to stay healthy and Murray was also injured last year, plus he's unproven. Same with cfler sheets. Bring him in and him and DMC can get us 16 games between the two