the funk on mission street

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2011
Surenos "hold it down" in the Bay Area because they are actually present in the Bay Area. You don't see nortenos holding it down in southern California because there's very few of them down there.

The reason is fairly simple. Field work brings southerners up north. Nothing really lures northerners down south. If the situations were reversed and most of the agricultural work was in southern California, you'd likely see a reversal in the presence of the gangs in both regions. In other words, you'd see nortenos in the south, but few surenos in the north.

Obviously there isn't much agricultural work in the SF metro area, but the existence of such work is the reason they are prevalent in the region.
lol wut?

Apr 27, 2010
What you mean field work lures 'southerners' up north? I dont know any bangers from the South who are doing work in fields or who would give a shit about field work....lol

Maybe you meant the field work lures immigrants up north? And those immigrants end up identifying with being Sur for some reason?
Yeah, I guess I should have explained myself a little better. I meant the agricultural work is ultimately the reason they are up north, but that doesn't mean southern gang bangers are out working in the field. They migrate north because relatives had done so previously for said work. It could have been generations ago.

Aug 9, 2005
Gentrify this niggas reporting style! Ol reportin sportin burner glove fake Tom brokow Community collage degree ass nigga!

Aug 9, 2005
The two worst types of thread in the open forum...

1. Serio threads (politics, religion,etc)
2. Gang related threads
Shit I was gonna make a thread on Crip feelings regarding womans rights in a Roman Orthodox setting...... :( pinche party pooper holmes

Apr 25, 2002
quit being dumb likwid..nobody bangs sur as a territory,theyre banging sur as a streetgang and criminal organization.why do the russian mob,cosa nostra and mexican cartels operate in the U.S. if theyre from a different location?why are there bloods,crips and ms13 all over this country if all 3 of them originate in L.A.?...divide n conquer.
you're a fucking idiot
nobody starts banging as a criminal orginization
people bang cus of where they were born, and who they grew up with

why would someone go down south to bang their hood up north?
their love is for their hood...not it's name

May 14, 2002
www.Straight-Up.info
ru...stop making up stories

nobody believes anything you say
Haha, you're a funny ass jew. Maybe you should be on Seinfeld, but they don't like "niggers". Nobody believes your stories either, so what's your point jew boy? Unlike you tho, I don't make up stories. When did you ever see me go on the East Co Co forum & say sur backed up norte in the pen? LOL