the funk on mission street

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
that shit is crazy.
i cant believe surenos just hold it down way up there like that lol
can someone from the bay explain why this is???
i was up there and saw it with my own eyes but i dont understand.

is it basically because nortenos are outnumbered because mexico is mexico?

you never see mexicans wearing red down here.
Because all the riders are too busy putting in work on the internet.lol

Apr 13, 2006
There is no equivalent in LA.

LA dont play with it comes to this shit and would never let nortes set up shop in any part of LA county.
I don't even think nortes would want to bang norte in L.A....that's just pathetic. That's like having cats banging west coast in New York not knowing shit about the lifestyle.....somewhat like these up north ese's do

Apr 13, 2006
Escalating gang war bedevils Mission District

Police say a war between rival gangs has erupted in the Mission, resulting in a bloody wave of violence that has left one man dead and several others severely injured.

In the past two weeks, there have been at least six incidents of gang-related violence, believed to have been sparked by Sureño graffiti appearing on Norteño turf near 19th and Bryant streets Feb. 18, according to police.

Since then, there have been four shootings and two stabbings, police said. A 24-year-old man, Aldo Troncoso, was killed in one of the shootings, early Saturday morning at 17th and Mission streets, which is considered Sureño territory. Another occurred in broad daylight Wednesday.

“It’s a fact right now that we’re having a gang war between the Norteños and the Sureños in the Mission district,” police Capt. Mike Biel told the Board of Supervisors Public Safety Committee on Thursday.

Biel said captains in the Mission and neighboring Bayview and Ingleside police districts are developing plans to address the violence, including using tactical and traffic teams and bolstering police presence on the streets with both plainclothes and uniformed officers. Also, police are working with community groups.

Supervisor David Campos, whose district includes the Mission, said the violence has residents on edge.

“There’s a lot of tension and anxiety around what’s happening, and rightly so,” Campos said.

Police will be monitoring a wake for Troncoso today in the Mission. His funeral is scheduled for Saturday.

“We want to interrupt the vicious cycle of retaliation,” said Mission Police Station Capt. Greg Corrales. “We want to de-escalate the situation, because up until recently things in the Mission district have been very calm in reference to gangs.”

On Thursday afternoon, young men lighting candles at a sidewalk memorial for Troncoso declined to speak about the shooting, but nearby workers said the violence has worsened.

“It’s going to be here for a while,” said one young woman, a sales clerk at a cell phone store across the street from Troncoso’s memorial. The woman, who asked that her name not be printed, said her brother-in-law was mistaken for a Norteño gang member and fatally shot by Sureños in the Mission district three years ago.

“Mainly it starts as the tagging — ‘Oh, they’re in our territory,’” she said. “Then it’s the drive-bys, the shootings, the stabbings. I don’t think it’s going to end.”

Faris Oran, a clerk at the Danah Enterprise Smoke Shop next door, said despite the “drama,” business has been “regular.”

“This is every day, man,” Oran said. “We get used to it.”

Oran said folks in the area have learned to work around the criminal element.

“It’s only gang members,” he said. “Blue and red and all that. We’re only people, we’re not with them or against them. This is the Mission.”

[email protected]

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/cri...g-war-bedevils-mission-district#ixzz1FsI7uCBm
Gang-related incidents have increased in the Mission in recent weeks.

Feb. 18: Sureño graffiti tagged in Norteño territory near 19th and Bryant streets.
Feb. 21: A group of suspects asks another group at 22nd and Mission streets what gang they claimed. After responding that they are not gang members, the victims are punched and stabbed.
Feb. 26: A Sureño gang member is confronted by four Norteños in the
3000 block of 16th Street and stabbed nine times.
Feb. 26: Sureño gang member Aldo Troncoso, 24, is fatally shot at about
2:30 a.m. at 17th and Mission streets.
Feb. 27: A man who had just moved from San Leandro is sitting in a car at Alabama and Cesar Chavez streets when he is approached and asked what gang he claimed. The man, who is not a gang member, is shot in the neck.
March 2: A Norteño gang member is shot at about noon at 24th and Harrison streets.
Source: Police Department

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/cri...g-war-bedevils-mission-district#ixzz1FsIBqoq6

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
All those old school West Los hoods have their own colors...CexCe is red...Venice is Blue, Sotel is Brown, SM is black...CXC didn't 'used' to be flamed up..they still with that red and represent their old school hood color...dont know one give a fuck about some norte sur shit on the street down here. back in the day in the MVG's on Inglewood blvd they'd be out there thick...and on all them apartments on Slauson on the other side of the creek.

Dec 25, 2003
that shit is crazy.
i cant believe surenos just hold it down way up there like that lol
can someone from the bay explain why this is???
i was up there and saw it with my own eyes but i dont understand.

is it basically because nortenos are outnumbered because mexico is mexico?

you never see mexicans wearing red down here.
Nortenos tend to be mexicans / latinos established in the area i.e. the older generations

Newcomers from down south tend to click up with Surenos

Since there is a far greater supply of Latinos from South America, mexico, and the LA area heading North than the opposite, it leads to them being outnumbered

Dec 25, 2003
In other words is not about Nortenos all being marks or busters and Surenos being so chingon, its about the fact that the recruiting pool for Nortenos is traditionally people from the hood or area, who are greatly outnumbered by the northern migration of downstate latinos as well as mexican and south american nationals

Oct 24, 2004
damn them ene'z n da mission aint fukin around. but every now n then them scrapz get courageous. i wouls 2 if my homies were gettin shot up n shanked everycouple of dayz.... lol n white devil is rite. couldnt b more dead on

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
The sureno hoods in SAC never last long...

They had some big ones before like 47th st but all the ppl from L.A that started that hood got killed...and what was left was a bunch of wanna bs that couldnt hold it down...ive noticed thow when they try to start hoods out here its always around crip neighborhoods...but they never last...out here there more just scadered around the city in random places...I dont know how it got like that in Frisco...sounds like they deep out there

Oct 27, 2008
In other words is not about Nortenos all being marks or busters and Surenos being so chingon, its about the fact that the recruiting pool for Nortenos is traditionally people from the hood or area, who are greatly outnumbered by the northern migration of downstate latinos as well as mexican and south american nationals
this is true. but i also blame it on the 90's baby vexation. they are a plague of faggotry, & i dont believe that all these surenos are out-of-towners.