the funk on mission street

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 28, 2006
im watching fox news right now and i guess its so big that its getting front page news. i rolled thru mission on the bus the other and the surenos was deeeeeeeeep on 18-16th. this kindve reminds me of what it use to be like in the mission before the gentrification

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
im watching fox news right now and i guess its so big that its getting front page news. i rolled thru mission on the bus the other and the surenos was deeeeeeeeep on 18-16th. this kindve reminds me of what it use to be like in the mission before the gentrification

This is a stupid video on a few levels. The guy actually makes gentrification sound great a few times throughout the video!

Nov 1, 2005
how come i cant find anything on the web or on tv bout this
AP

SAN FRANCISCO -- A San Francisco neighborhood known for its mix of Mexican taco shops and trendy cafes has seen a spurt of suspected gang violence over the past two weeks that has claimed one life and injured several other people.

Police blame the recent shootings and stabbings in the Mission district on retaliatory attacks by members of two rival gangs. "It's a fact right now that we're having a gang war between the Nortenos and the Surenos in the Mission district," police Capt. Mike Biel told the Board of Supervisors Public Safety Committee on Thursday.

Police say there have been four shootings and two stabbings since Sureno graffiti appeared on Norteno turf on Feb. 18.

Aldo "Trigger" Troncoso was shot early Saturday on Sureno territory. When a memorial to him was trashed a few days later, police believe the Surenos sought payback, opening fire on a 26-year-old-man on Norteno turf on Wednesday. The victim was struck once, but survived.

Aug 24, 2003
AP

SAN FRANCISCO -- A San Francisco neighborhood known for its mix of Mexican taco shops and trendy cafes has seen a spurt of suspected gang violence over the past two weeks that has claimed one life and injured several other people.

Police blame the recent shootings and stabbings in the Mission district on retaliatory attacks by members of two rival gangs. "It's a fact right now that we're having a gang war between the Nortenos and the Surenos in the Mission district," police Capt. Mike Biel told the Board of Supervisors Public Safety Committee on Thursday.

Police say there have been four shootings and two stabbings since Sureno graffiti appeared on Norteno turf on Feb. 18.

Aldo "Trigger" Troncoso was shot early Saturday on Sureno territory. When a memorial to him was trashed a few days later, police believe the Surenos sought payback, opening fire on a 26-year-old-man on Norteno turf on Wednesday. The victim was struck once, but survived.
damn all this funking i just have to ask...

but what if they wanted tacos?

Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
the surenos have ALWAYS been out on 16-19th lol

i see the point of the video, but it doesnt have anything to do with funk on mission street...and the funk aint been that much worse than any other time when somebody gets killed...of course you gonna see cats holdin it down after shots fly and one goes down...its no different from any other hood with known gangs

Jan 9, 2009
that shit is crazy.
i cant believe surenos just hold it down way up there like that lol
can someone from the bay explain why this is???
i was up there and saw it with my own eyes but i dont understand.

is it basically because nortenos are outnumbered because mexico is mexico?

you never see mexicans wearing red down here.

Feb 7, 2006
that shit is crazy.
i cant believe surenos just hold it down way up there like that lol
can someone from the bay explain why this is???
i was up there and saw it with my own eyes but i dont understand.

is it basically because nortenos are outnumbered because mexico is mexico?

you never see mexicans wearing red down here.
yeah you do.