STEELERS V CARDINALS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

WOOOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOO

• Cardinals

Votes: 37 46.8%
  • Steelers

Votes: 42 53.2%

• Total voters
Jan 18, 2006
^^^ yeah well noone really knows what the Cardinals are capable of right now. They got 2 deadly recievers and theres no way they can both be double covered. Obviously Phillys defense aint as good as the Steelers but there pretty good defensively and the Cardinals steam rolled over them

Apr 5, 2005
^^^^and the Cards also gave up 19 unanswered points. The Eagles were down and were forced to throw....I don't see the Steelers trailing by 19 points at all. They will control the tempo of the game.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Mayor of Phoenix uses the Terrible Towel as a snot rag

All these teams just don't seem to learn! Just ask Cincinnati, Baltimore and Tennessee about the karma...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...ses-the-Terrible-Towel-as-a-sn?urn=nfl,137585

Everyone in the Cardinals organization, from the head coach down to the practice squad players, has been very careful not to give the Steelers any bulletin-board material this week. If they've mentioned the Steelers at all, it's been only to talk about their great respect for them.

That's not by accident, either. They're being deliberately careful not to provoke the Steelers, and so far, they haven't. And that's why I'm guessing that Ken Whisenhunt would like to strangle Phoenix mayor Phil Gordon today.

Mayor Gordon and Big Red, the Cardinals mascot, held up a Terrible Towel at a rally yesterday, and Big Red used it to wipe his armpits. He then gave the towel to the mayor, who pretended to blow his nose on it, and then threw it on the ground. You can see footage of the towel desecreation here.

If you think the Steelers are above getting mad over such a petty little thing, you'd be mistaken. After the Titans beat the Steelers earlier in the season, a few Titans players stomped on a Terrible Towel. And even later in the playoffs, after the Titans lost a game that would've set up a rematch with the Steelers, linebacker Larry Foote was still harping on it.

"That's what they get for trying to humiliate us and rub it in, for not showing any class," Pittsburgh linebacker Larry Foote said. "We wanted to play them again, but they couldn't hold up their end of the bargain. That's what they get for stomping on the towel. We're stepping on them right now."

As dumb as this stuff might seem to you or me, it really does make a difference to some players. Being "disrespected" makes players angry. Anger, even if it stems from something trivial and childish, can motivate a guy in a way that even winning can't. Anger works.

For his part, the mayor has apologized, saying, "At no time did anyone intend, in any way, to offend the Steelers organization and their many fans, supporters and traditions." So I guess the mayor sees it as an honor for an object to be bathed in his snot. I'll be honest with you: I'd vote for a guy with such holy snot.

Keep checking Shutdown Corner throughout the week, and we'll keep you apprised of any further developments with Mayor Gordon's snot.

Here We Go Steelers!!! :angry:

Oct 16, 2004
phil bordom is a straight douche bag. the cardinals mascot rubbed the towel on his head and under his arms before gordon pretended to sneeze into it.

Aug 24, 2006
i just dont want the steelers to win 6 first, i rather have the cards win, warner retire, boldin get traded, and the niners run the division, so if this has to happen for things to go that way, so be it.
i was against the cards winning cuz there fags, but i also think the first to 6 is important, we were the first to 5 so its not that big of a deal to me. so with warner retiring, boldin and fitz wont have a good QB to throw to them, making them not useless but not as great. you have shown me the light trajik, i guess cards should win, although i do hate the cards and have nothing against the steelers, shit, im confused as fuck this year hahaha, iguess ill decide who im rooting for at kick off.. lol

Jun 18, 2005
I KINDA WANT THE CARD$ TO WIN BUT I HATER CURTNER, AND I REALLY DN'T WANT THE $TEELER$ TO HAVE ONE UP ON THE NINER$ BUT I RE$PECT THEM ALOT! I DUNNO I THINK THE $TEELER MIGHT TAKE THI$ ONE!!! A$ LONG A$ IT'$ A GOOD GAME

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
this game comes down to one thing...

AZ's offensive line...

if they can protect Warner enough to where he can get the ball to his WR's they can probably win...

we know they won't be affective running the ball on Pittsburgh's D... the only spot Pittsburgh lacks in D is their CB coverage in the secondary... they usually just cover long enough for the D to get to the QB... if Warner can get it off quick and get decent protection from his line... he could pick the Steelers apart

I still dunno for sure who I'm picking to win... I think I voted for the Steelers in this thread... but I'm really not sure