STEELERS V CARDINALS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

WOOOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOO

• Cardinals

Votes: 37 46.8%
  • Steelers

Votes: 42 53.2%

• Total voters
Apr 20, 2003
Great game by both squads.... I enjoyed this Superbowl waaaaay more than the Giants vs. Patriots one. Congrats to all the Steeler fans with the win, and to the Cardinals for putting up a good fight!

May 2, 2002
heres another major, headlining article from fox sports mentioning the shitty officiating (and this guys clearly a steeler fan)

Legendary plays. Heart-stopping moments. Horrible calls. An unprecedented sixth Super Bowl for the Steelers.

This Super Bowl had it all.

Guys and goats Adam Schein names his Five Guys and Five Goats from the Super Bowl.
We examine it in the latest Schein's Nine.

1. "He pulled a Roethlisberger"

That's what an announcer will say the next time a quarterback drives his team down for a win at the end of a huge game.

Roethlisberger looked like Joe Montana and Tom Brady engineering his majestic 78-yard, Super Bowl-winning drive to beat the Cardinals. And this Arizona defense had been playing a very good game.

I thought the Kurt Warner to Larry Fitzgerald touchdown with 2:30 to go would win it for the Cardinals. As clutch as Ben has been throughout his career, I didn't think he'd punch it in because of the respect level I had for Arizona. A field goal, perhaps. But I wasn't thinking he'd get seven for the Steelers.

I mention that to properly put in context what Roethlisberger accomplished against all odds, capping the eight-play drive with the classic throw to Santonio Holmes. And make no mistake -- that was a tremendous THROW before we even get into the catch. Roethlisberger dazzled with his poise, his ability to escape pressure and his arm strength and accuracy on the drive.

Ben's always played his best when it mattered the most since he entered the league.

And that's why I've had him as a top-five quarterback for some time.

But after Sunday night, he's no longer in the conversation with the Phil Rivers and the Eli Mannings and the Carson Palmers and the Donovan McNabbs and anyone else in that 4-12 category.

It's Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger. Then draw the line.

That's how good the comeback was.

2. Yo, Holmes

The catch by the Steelers receiver was beautiful, with three Cardinals on him. What brilliant hands and body control to clearly get both feet in bounds.

He deserves all the accolades for making one of the biggest and best catches in Super Bowl history.

The 40-yard gainer when Aaron Francisco fell down changed the ebb and flow of the drive, shifting from Pittsburgh playing for overtime vs. going for the win. Even before the catch for the ages, that play clinched the MVP for Holmes.

3. Prop Problems

So let me get this straight.

Wes Welker gets flagged and fined for an innocent snow angel. Yet Terry McAulay and his crew somehow miss the boat on Holmes using the football as a prop. We can debate whether or not that should be a penalty. For the record, I don't think it should be. But it is and it's been called consistently all year.

Holmes should've drawn a 15-yard penalty and it needed to be assessed on the kickoff. That could've changed the final drive for the Cardinals, aiding them greatly with field position.

4. More ref woes

Please don't think that by writing this I am taking away from the Steelers Super Bowl win.

But you cannot tell the story of this Super Bowl without talking about the officiating. And that's a fact.

It's a joke that Karlos Dansby was flagged for roughing the passer on Roethlisberger.

I understand the rule when Adrian Wilson ran into the holder. But isn't that football? How was he supposed to stop his momentum?

It was alarming that head ref Terry McAulay didn't review the final Kurt Warner fumble. How do you not check out a debatable play to the naked eye in the closing seconds of the Super Bowl! For the record, I think it was called correctly, but I would've liked to have seen more shots of it. It's the Super Bowl!

And I would've liked the officials to seem more concerned about checking it out than having NBC get to The Office on time. This was simply illogical and looked bad. Oh, by the way, if the call is overturned, Arizona gets 15 extra yards after James Farrior removed his helmet. The refs needed to take this play more seriously than they did.

You could also make the case -- as NBC's John Madden did -- that James Harrison deserved to be chucked out of the game for punching an opponent.
5. Big-game James

Harrison's pick at the end of the first half was legendary on so many levels.

I don't know about you, but I thought Arizona was going to score a touchdown and go into the half with a lead in a game where they were outplayed for both quarters.

James Harrison's interception and return for a TD to cap the first half was a momentum-shifting play. (Doug Benc / Getty Images)

Then there's the actual play.

Think about everything he did.

For Harrison to confuse Kurt Warner at the 2-yard line, drop back into coverage after faking a blitz, catch the ball, run full speed down the field, have the savvy not to hand the ball to cornerback Deshea Townsend who was begging for it, use his athleticism and power to break three potential tackles while hugging the sideline and not stepping out of bounds, ALL WITH NO TIME LEFT IN THE HALF, it was a play that had everything.

And how about the ability for Harrison to actually get into the end zone by a hair?

Pittsburgh needed those points, as it turned out.

It's not hyperbole. That's an all-time great play.

6. Coached up

Townsend gave us a great nugget on the play when he joined us on Sirius NFL Radio on Monday. Townsend said Mike Tomlin made sure the team practiced setting up blocks on interception returns all week long.

That's vintage Tomlin.

This Super Bowl win couldn't happen to a better guy in someone who truly appreciates the Rooney family and the Steelers fans and what Pittsburgh stands for.

And I want to give Ken Whisenhunt the appropriate kudos for having his team rally from a double-digit deficit.

This team never flinched until the very end. It didn't fold after the Harrison play. When the Cards committed three personal foul penalties on one drive, they still had the resolve to keep Pittsburgh out of the end zone with Gabe Watson and Darnell Dockett making big plays.

It was a wonderful season for Whisenhunt and the Cardinals. Being around the players and staff all week, the culture has changed. The Cards are no longer who you thought they were.

7. Hall of a game

It drove me nuts during the week leading up to the game when guests on our Sirius NFL Radio show would say Kurt Warner's legacy and Hall of Fame potential would be based on the result of the Super Bowl.

That was a foolish, blanket statement.

Warner made a huge mistake on the Harrison touchdown. But he had a sensational game.

Even in a loss, Warner's 377 yards and three touchdowns, in conjunction with his stellar season leading the Cardinals to this improbable

MzCiN

Sicc OG
Apr 13, 2007
Oh and 49ers, 5 for 5, and 1st to 5, will be 1st to 7

Stealers cheated their way to 2 rings, and lost 1. Niners are perfect in super bowls
why are u always all over steelers threads, i mean u say u dont like them but u sure jock them, every fuckin steelers thread ur in there putting in ur bitter useless 2 fuckin cents. its really pathetic. do u see steeler fans all over ur niner threads talkin jealousy shit out of their ass, NO. i mean i know u have nothin to look forward to but it gets real old to see ur ass on every fuckin steelers thread, real chop. oh and for the record, WE GOT 6, YOU DONT. i dont care how many uve won, to this point were better than u, so get real. go back to ur niner off season thread please, cause thats were u belong.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Damn Beto....that's Martin. He's no pussy. He's a baby panther. You're cold...

And for the record, the Warner fumble was reviewed in the booth when they were assessing the penalty....so says Peter King.

Aug 9, 2006
says peter king?

fuck that....

when else does a DEBATEABLE call get reviewed only in the booth????? .....thats NOT how it works....if its a questionable call you let the REFS ON THE FIELD take care of it.....

i dont take anything away from the steelers....best team on sunday..but that shit was just that SHIT...

the officiating was terrible on sunday...all around....with bigger fuck ups in bigger situations for the CARDNIALS....

nfl has the worst officaitng in all major sports......

P-Kay

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2002
Ok, so I watched that last Warner fumble again, and it was indeed that.. a fumble. Everyone says his arm was moving forward, which it was.. BUT the ball shifted in his hand BEFORE it started moving forward.. aka a fumble. YES, it SHOULD HAVE been under more review.. but it was the right call so who the fuck cares???

The officiating has been terrible all fucking season long.. why is everyone so surprised it wasn't the best this time around? No one seemed to find it absurd when Polamalu got that roughing the passer call in the playoffs (i think San Diego game?) that was in no way shape or form roughing the passer. and that's just the first example that came to mind, WE GET SHITTY CALLS TOO.

The refs have blown it all year long, but just because this happened to be for the Super Bowl everyone is trying to steal our shine. FUCK YOU if you don't think the Steelers deserve their 6th trouphy. The better team won the game. End of story.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
6 Time Champion Steelers!

Hey Stealth, MzCin, P-Kay, Vamps and any other Steelers' fans on this board I forgot... How's it feel to have 6!!!

Also, why do these crybaby faggot ass losers keep coming to our threads thinking they have something legit to say about the officiating? It just makes the victory so much sweeter knowing that Pittsburgh get's under these busters' skin, lol! :classic:

Dec 2, 2006
if you look at the last play.

you can see the ref running in trying waive off the play as the steelers take the knee. but what are you supposed to do when everyone already started celebrating on the field? the play deserved atleast a real review. officiating was terrible, you would think its flag football. but thats an element all teams have to deal with.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
you can see the ref running in trying waive off the play as the steelers take the knee. but what are you supposed to do when everyone already started celebrating on the field? the play deserved atleast a real review. officiating was terrible, you would think its flag football. but thats an element all teams have to deal with.
YEAH HE DID BUT TEH GAME HAS BEEN OVER FOR 4 DAYS FUCKIT

May 2, 2002
Hey Stealth, MzCin, P-Kay, Vamps and any other Steelers' fans on this board I forgot... How's it feel to have 6!!!

Also, why do these crybaby faggot ass losers keep coming to our threads thinking they have something legit to say about the officiating? It just makes the victory so much sweeter knowing that Pittsburgh get's under these busters' skin, lol! :classic:
it feels GREAT
fuck the haters and from your location you probably got it like me too mane, i can't go to the store on a sunday without a seahawks fan crying to me (because i'm steelers from head to toe), and i love it
CRY haters

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
[HIDE="6000"]The Stealers are cheating ass bitches who couldnt beat the super shitty Tards without help from the refs[/HIDE]