SAN DIEGO RAP IS IT OVER???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
i dont know arron personally. but i dont think dude is a hater in my opinion. he seems to be a fan of daygo music and is just offering ways for us to get to the next level. he talks about shit that is no different than 50cal saying it. theres nothing wrong with making professional sounding music for the masses to enjoy, not just a small cult following.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
ive said this before....

When you come on these boards on some 'give me one reason!!!' shit, to me....you're making it look like youre some authority figure. Every one in here is a grown ass man and don't gotta give this nigga a god damn thing. Similarly everyone rapping is a grown ass man and don't gotta answer to no one lil' smart ass nigga on a message board arrogant enough to think that the city of San Diego has to answer to him as of who or what is doing 'the right thing'.

With that tackled, lets get into why that question is just dumb as fuck.

1) who judges right from wrong, besides god?

2) why would someone give an answer to an unanswerable question?

nigga if you got the answer lets see you sprout your lil fuckin pixy wings and spread your lil fairy dust and make the magical san diego scene you masturbate to in your dreams.

wheres it at, mother brain?

exactly. so shut the fuck up. if you dont like the music cool. i dont like half the shit either. but you dont see me goin off on diatribes about how san diego rap is dead and how this and that song is pathetic and worthless

give some fuckin real criticism instead of talking like half of a dicks in your mouth

thats all im sayin

niggas opinions be way too fuckin strong over a song...like calm the fuckin down nigga its a song.. san diego is not sim city on yuour fuckin computer...if you aint doin shit to help it besides typin on this damn message board with your lil half ass 'lets get san diego poppin' threads....hang it the fuck up...weve had 5000 of those threads and they aint amount to shit...

Feb 15, 2009
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
BLAKK MOBB__SAN JOSE,CA--MEETS DURRTY SOUTH__SLAPPERS

CHECK OUT THESE SAN JO RAPPERS---MR.ALABAMA AND MR.747 FROM DIRTY SOUTH---THEY BOTH FROM ALABAMA---NUTTSO FROM TENNESSEE...ORIGINALLY FROM SOUTH SIDE SAN JO...ROUNDTABLE AND DANZE DR---FATTMAKK, NITTY BO, BONEZ & DURRTY D__FROM SAN JO___OUR NEW ARTIST DUDES OF THE CENTURY FROM PITTSBURGH AND FRISKO...WE GOT ERRY TYPE OF FLAVOR YA DIIIG---FUKK WIT US---NEW SLAPPER JUS POSTED CALLED ''I'M SO FLY'' MR.747 FT. NUTTSO...

WWW.BLAKKMOBB.COM

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BLAKKMOBBSTAR

WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/MOBBSTARMUSIK

Dec 16, 2008
i dont know arron personally. but i dont think dude is a hater in my opinion. he seems to be a fan of daygo music and is just offering ways for us to get to the next level. he talks about shit that is no different than 50cal saying it. theres nothing wrong with making professional sounding music for the masses to enjoy, not just a small cult following.
Exactly my man. Im not a hater i just wanna see a rapper from my city real make it. Not almost get there ad then fumble. And that's all we've been getting. I love jayo's music but where has he been?? That's example one. Example two is Mitchy was on the right path but now he's going back to the super hood shit like "he'll shoot" so now it's almost like he's going backwards. WHY???

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
i disagree. i think as far as my experiences unprofessionalism is whats fucked things up and lack of support from the general san diego population. just my two cents here. i think 50cent is garbage on the mic but he still making millions. i think we are all entitled to opinions but those opinions should be considered constructive criticism and not hate. if someone tells me hey man i think you make happy ass beats then hey it is what is.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
i think ignorance sways the ignorant. im taking offense to the 'san diego rap is dead' comment for all of you on siccness who i know who love to rap, aint in it to become famous one day, they do it because theyre dope as fuck at what they do and the people around them appreciate it. so how exactly is san diego rap dead when it still thrives in the hearts of MC's in the san diego streets? San Diego was never 'alive' to begin with to be dead. so that comment is direct hating. I went to the batkave and listened to the shit young sau and dave moss was putting together that has all types of peopel on there like yukmouth and turftalk and i know san diego rap isnt dead because im hearing the shit, im seeing licwit freestyle for 10 minutes straight, seein mink loco bang out shit, 12 guage workin with jacka, orko became a international hip hop figure, i dont know what the fuck everyone else is hearing, or who yall are around, but the shit is live and kicking out here and fuck anyone who says it isnt.

im done

Gas One

May 24, 2006
rasan, unprofessionalism is what birthed rap music. i dunno if were on the same page here. i wasnt talkign about strong ass opinions killing just san diego rap music.... im talking rap music in general. since the beginning to now.

san diego rap isnt dead, whos to say its really even been birthed?

people are putting music out on a local circuit, i dont see any reason to complain on a third person view

i could only complain if i had all these rappers signed to my label and i wasnt making money from them

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
and we are on the same page my friend. but people wanna see us on a bigger stage than what we been doing. nothing wrong with elevation. is san diego rap over? it will never be over but we need to get to the point where are relevant and not the stepchild of the west. everybody is gonna have an opinion bro. but if strong ass opinions kill an artist then they need go back and reformat becuase thats the nature of the business. i think weak ass music killed the artform and corporate media milking rap sucking it dry and then not giving a fuck about it.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
well due to corporate media we dont fit in. its cut and dry to me. unles people are willing to sell out i think we have to realize what position were in and stop running around inside of it in attempts to leave the position...we need to work with the shit we have and people need to stop saying '____ is dead!' because one person who buys into that ignorant shit is one person turned away......it looks liek an exscuse from the outside looking in and no one respects exscuses

we need to let everything be digested at face value and the hometeam needs to support the shit because if the locals dont then people outside will never consider it a 'movement to move with'

i like to think my opinion means nothing...if i dont like the song that dosent mean shit because someone might love it...so why put too much on my opinion as far as the song goes...i think its a creation and we need people to create, you cant like it all and ppeopel have to practice and get they feet wet to get better

music is just music

i think sometimes you shouldnt be afraid to make peoplefeel uncomfortable when they hear some shit

if were doing shit to make people like stuff and it aint workin maybe you need to try different sounds that peopel dont like and others who didnt like yo shit,m may like that...gotta expiriment...so fuck if someone dosent liek something and everyone should just respect things as a piece of art and likign it is subjective...unless it offends you it shouldnt be thaaat bad

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
there was a time where corporate media liked gangsta shit. but i see what you are saying gas. from a fans perspective and im guilty of this, we really dont wanna see our favorite indie rapper blow up because they will be forced to be on some cupcake shit. however, as an artist we want to get to the next level. but we on the same page my dude just different points of view. coop is gonna jump in here in a few.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
The biggest problem is even having to discuss what an artist needs to do especially how and what they rap about. This seems like the mother fuckin end in rap. It used to be the streets what dictated what was hot. Face it..I think Lil C.S. said the smartest shit up here. rappers have a better chance making it in the NFL or NBA...so why compromise who you are? Why not just build up your fan base.....
Lets take Big June or mitchy Slick...Now why the hell would anyone want to hear them on some super mainstream shit when there are a gang of youngstas who can do just that and just as good. lets face it those Cash money deals are gone....Create your own lane, or just build up your own Fan Base...Fuck the punk Ass Rap industry.
If I had about $100,000 and had to invest in June i would make his album as Gangsta as you could get it...and spend the rest on marketing and promotion....and not wasting time trying to make radio songs that aint gonna be on no radio with nation wide spins. I would use a good portion of that money creating my own lane..focusing on Southern Cal with millions of people in a small regional area why spread your money thin by marketing half ass through many regions...I would get the kids involved...do positive shit for the community, etc...You do not think the News reporters need a good story..that would be some good advertisement with little out of pocket expenses...

Dec 5, 2007
that would hold more weight if you could take mc hammer pump it up out of your sig