SAN DIEGO RAP IS IT OVER???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 15, 2005
my homie just shot and is about to edit an irocc and dido brown song thats over a dave moss beat.

he also did that dido and jayo felony joint - don't know if you saw that.

anyways, good points gas. dago rap is more out there, we just moving slowly, like you said.

Apr 25, 2003
www.myspace.com
I wasnt going to get into this conversation however, one of the problems that we have (other than hate) is no sense of history. If you look at all the other regions that "blow up". They have established a culture so to speak. They have a reason to shout out their territories and what not. The last few weeks I have got out of the town and you would be suprised who people know of as well as dont know of. Gas- good points homie. Just do what you do, support if you going to support. If not, thats your right to do so as well. Its alot of artist out here doing what they do, whether they make it or not. I know when I see people like Coop, Junk, and E-low out and about -somebody is making some noise. Keep grindin'

www.myspace.com/digdeepsdc

Dec 25, 2003
Why there's reely isnt an actual sound or scene here cuz what I'm lookin at it is that kids tryin to rap here in Dago are borrowing and then adopting the sounds derived from other regions like Hyphy, Crunk, East Coast, & even reggaeton LOL!!! This is why there's isnt much of an established sound/scene besides the rap that sprung up from Southeast and I'm still lookin like this rap still resides there... smh......

Jun 22, 2007
All that really needs to happen is get a street team together.niggas that really believe ur music will make noise and go outta town witit.if niggas don't know who you are or haven't heard u featured on anybody elses songs 99% of the time they aint gon wanna buy your album or mixtape.a lot of niggas don't accept and respect that this rap shit is a slow grind.and that its an investment, so if a nigga don't wanna buy your shit, are you really gonna miss the opportunity to be heard?its a tough situation already as it is comin from daygo where we got so much talent but still struggle to be recogned with.my theory is if you give niggas free shit from time to time and the music is consistant if not better then ur last piece of work.the word 'll spread and niggas will b like "yea I heard dude before he gave me a cd @ this show or in the mall, his shit slap" this aint exactly the same but niggas @ resaurants give samples of new dishes so they can get ppl to order it down the line or on the spot.so I guess the question is, are niggas really out there grindin as much as they say they are? And are the doin it right? Real spittage.get a bar of it

Jan 9, 2006
www.myspace.com
IMO...

SD Rap is more popular now, than it has EVER been.

a few years ago i wouldnt go to the bay and have someone know who big june is or cee wee 3...grimmie wreck airs in oakland now...take that how you wanna

i went to berkeley and saw a dave moss cd on the rack in rasputins. would that have happened years ago, fuck no.

there was never a rap or die, siccness was sacramento based, no grimmie wreck show, matter fact back in the days cds rarely dropped. and now we have a scene.

dead, iono.

i wouldnt say all that.
it might be dead for someone trying to market san diego rap...because it aint a grind that can be capitalized on right now..

its moving along slow, but much faster than it used to..and i think chipping at it is better than giving up...look how long it took common to blow up....he stuck to his shit and now the niggas gettin grammys and movie deals and platinum albums..

but before that fame there was 3-4 albums that were respected in the underground but really made no money, yknow..

i think we need to start shooing more videos too
your right

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
Originally Posted by Supa SAV'D OUTT View Post
THIS FROM MY NIGGA WHO WENT LAST NITE

Date: Aug 8, 2008 7:37 AM
Subject: shooting at static lounge last night
Body: There was a rap show featuring local rappers from San Diego last night. The show was to support unity with the bloods and crips and was even featured in San Diego's Reader magazine. Some shit ended up going down and a security guard got shot in the neck, and people wonder why there is no rap scene in Dago. Its cause muthafuckas don't know how to act in public when they're given the chance.

Nov 14, 2007
I'm over this shit. If you can't even have a peaceful event then I am not supporting!!! As of today San Diego rap is on life support to me and the plug about to be pulled if things dont change up quick. Unfortunate thing too because there is alot of talented artist here in Dago!!

Nov 14, 2007
D-rough I see you grinding and respect that. Keep doing it and fuck the haters!!! Some gonna like your stuff some aren't. It doesn't matter as long as you doing what you love and staying real which I see you doing!! Keep it up

Jun 22, 2007
D-rough I see you grinding and respect that. Keep doing it and fuck the haters!!! Some gonna like your stuff some aren't. It doesn't matter as long as you doing what you love and staying real which I see you doing!! Keep it up
APPRECIATE IT MY DUDE.AINT NO OTHER WAY TO DO IT U KNOW!!!YOU'LL GET NO RESPECT IF YOU DONT GRIND AND U SITTIN AROUND PLAYIN XBOX LIKE MY MAN 50 SED

Jul 10, 2007
www.facebook.com
In Reality, you all are right. It's not about the movement. The movement happends when good musik is put out consistantly. Unfortunately there is no San Diego market as far as rap is concerned. All we can do in reality is rep this. We gotta be Daygo embassadors with this shit and move around. Then once the town hears us bubblin out side of Daygo, they pay attention.....

Apr 5, 2003
In Reality, you all are right. It's not about the movement. The movement happends when good musik is put out consistantly. Unfortunately there is no San Diego market as far as rap is concerned. All we can do in reality is rep this. We gotta be Daygo embassadors with this shit and move around. Then once the town hears us bubblin out side of Daygo, they pay attention.....
Thats real talk cuz the majority hip-hop fan base and media in Daygo supports shit thats poppin in the mainstream and if it happens to be a Daygo artist then they'll be quick to hop on the bandwagon.

Apr 25, 2003
www.myspace.com
...We need to come together as a whole. We need to focus on making good MUSIC and leave the dumbshit where its at. Niggas need to support one another and take the cheat off. Some niggas wanna act like its still 1985 and shit. When it comes to doin music some cats need to leave the street shit in the streets. Don't fuck up the whole program for everybody.