** Official Prometheus Thread ** Spoilers inside.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
i know this is a prequel but are they gonna cover how the base got over run by aliens? or are they going a different direction?
Aliens took place 57 years after Alien did, and since this is a prequel to Alien and we dont know how many years this movie takes place before Alien does, I HIGHLY doubt that will be covered at all.

Jun 11, 2004
Prometheus

Directed by Ridley Scott, the same guy who did the Alien movies in the 80s. I love those classic flicks and can't wait to peep this. Has anybody seen it?

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
It doesn't hit stateside until the 8th.

The other day, I bought Alien and Aliens on blu-ray and each came with $10 movie cash for Prometheus. This movie looks badass, and I can't wait to see it.

Feb 12, 2004
damn ive been waiting for this movie ever since i heard about it. from what i heard from someone who saw it the movie is not really a prequel to the alien series, but definitely take places in the same universe.

Jan 25, 2009
^^^^^^
it is prequel
but movie overall average at best, beside eye-candy effects, plot is just meh, no suspense or anything scary just typical pop-corn movie
this even didnt come close to original Alien

Feb 12, 2004
So prometheus leads directly to alien 1? From every review ive read it does not lead to alien 1 at all and if anything would lead to a prometheus sequel. Makes sense because I think Ridley Scott said it would be about 2 more prometheus movies before they put out a true alien prequel.

Jan 25, 2009
what u mean by directly?
well if they planning to make 2 more average movies like this then it will not be ab prequel which is quite obvious, but if they dont this can easily be a prequel cuz leads to what happened in Alien

Feb 12, 2004
Directly as in Alien would begin where prometheus left off. I've seen the movie now and it is NOT a direct prequel to Alien. It's more like Phantom of the menace for star wars where it starts a new story and a couple films later on it leads directly to original series. Of course prometheus is directly related to alien, but it's not the direct prequel to alien. The biggest questions all alien fans had from the original films were who were the space jockeys, what were the xenomorph eggs doing on their ship, where were they flying to and what the hell were the xenomorphs? Too many these questions are left unanswered and they've created a bunch of new questions.

movie is fucking awesome tho.

Sep 24, 2006
cool thanks. ive been meaning to watch them i just never can find them at the video store and didnt wanna buy them since im not sure if id like them or not

Jan 25, 2009
cool thanks. ive been meaning to watch them i just never can find them at the video store and didnt wanna buy them since im not sure if id like them or not

u def should they are on totally dif level thats the new one, easily much much better with better plots and concepts , new one is just SFX eye candy with very shallow plot and with typical hollywood lets-make-a-sequel of it if its sell