** Official Prometheus Thread ** Spoilers inside.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
This is gonna be the best movie of 2012!

It leaked:

[video=youtube;cIKOijYb5G8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cIKOijYb5G8[/video]

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
And now seeing the trailer we know it is a prequel to Alien as you can see the crashed Space Ship from the first Alien movie actually crashing...

@0:32 it looks like they are examining the Space Jockey's head...

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
I have always loved Sci Fi, and Alien and Aliens ( even though more military based ) are fucking epic movies that I still watch to this day. I cannot wait to see this movie, its about time a legendary director put out a movie like this.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Is this a Space Jockey from Prometheus?

Now that the trailer for Ridley Scott's Prometheus has come out, we can begin analyzing to see how much of a connection the new film will have to the original Alien movie.

Scott, writer Damon Lindelof and several of the Prometheus actors have been careful to distance themselves from connecting their film with the first Alien. After the disappointing creative and financial returns from Alien Resurrection and the two Alien vs. Predator movies, perhaps it's a smart move to try and downplay the connection between the story we'll see in Prometheus and how it ties in to the events from 1979's Alien.

Confirmed facts about the storyline for Prometheus have been hard to come by, at least from the official channels. The marketing material for Prometheus hints that the characters are headed off to search for clues about our origin, and that what they find could spell humanity's end. But now that we've seen the trailer, we recognize several telltale signs that directly connect Prometheus' universe with Alien's -- such as the distinct shape of the biomechanical spaceship that fans have called the Space Jockey ship.

Ever since the appearance of the fossilized Space Jockey in Alien, many of us have wondered what kind of creature this was. By the comments that Ridley Scott has made about the Jockeys we'll see in Prometheus, they will be shown to be like gods -- "gods and engineers", as Ridley Scott once said. But what about the way they'll be shown in Prometheus? Will we actually get to see a Space Jockey that's alive?

There are several pieces of evidence that suggest the answer to the question is yes -- but that the being we will see in Prometheus will look very different from what we might have thought.

One of the strongest places on the Internet to find spoiler information about Prometheus has been the Alien vs. Predator forums. Months ago there had been posts from supposed Prometheus insiders breaking secrets about the movie's storyline. For the most part, these "rumors" have turned to be verified in the early imagery from the film. That doesn't mean all of the rumors on the AvP forums have been proven correct, but as the old saying goes, where there's smoke there's usually fire.

As soon as the Prometheus trailer was released yesterday, the dissection about what was seen in the trailer began. One especially interesting thread focused on a brief scene showing what looks like the Space Jockey pilot's control room, with the Jockey and his gun-like mount rising from the floor. And off to the side, where the S in the Prometheus title is, we see a burly bald being looking off his shoulder. The being is wearing a suit that could be considered to be biomechanical.

Is this what a Space Jockey in Prometheus looks like?

(Go here to see a bigger image of the screencap. The "suit" of the Space Jockey can be seen in the chair rising from the floor. Missing is the being that the Nostromo crew saw when they entered the ship.)

And there's more circumstantial evidence. Here is the online resume of 7-foot-tall actor Phill Martin. He's listed as playing the character of "Engineer" in Prometheus.

Now, this isn't smoking gun evidence that the Space Jockeys look more like Vin Diesel than giant elephantine aliens -- but it could be the case. Of course, Scott and his writer would have to present a satisfactory explanation as to how the giant skeleton we see in Alien turns out to be a more-or-less human-sized alien.

http://coronacomingattractions.com/news/space-jockey-prometheus

Here is the original space jockey scene from Alien. While Ridley scott says the Alien creature wont be in this film, the space jockey did have a hole in its chest from a face hugger.

[video=youtube;wMPXIcB1huM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMPXIcB1huM[/video]

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
^^^If you check the trailer (0:34) you see them examining what I think is the space jockeys head, cause it looks like that elephant thing from the first Alien. The dude in the space jockey seat picture on the right is something else.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
^^^If you check the trailer (0:34) you see them examining what I think is the space jockeys head, cause it looks like that elephant thing from the first Alien. The dude in the space jockey seat picture on the right is something else.
Found the pic you were talking about. Ridley Scott has said in interviews that the space jockey is actually a suit that the alien race wears, so at this point its all speculation as to what they really look like, could turn out that they are human like or that is not a suit and that is really them, only time will tell.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
They even say the BONES are bent outwards like he exploded from the inside, I'm sure the Ridley is saying things differently now to fit the story of this movie. When he made the original movie he no idea he would be making a prequel 20+ years later.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Another new trailer, this one gives us alot more clues as to what the story line is.

[video=youtube;HHcHYisZFLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HHcHYisZFLU[/video]

May 4, 2002
i hope this is epic. alien and aliens were dope. aliens 3 with rock (90s babys dont know who that is) was weak. avp 1/2 i didnt care for too much. i heard the comics were way better.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
‘Prometheus’ Theatrical Release Will Be Ridley Scott’s Director’s Cut

When Ridley Scott’s Prometheus was in its infant stages, the director of Alien was allegedly battling Twentieth Century Fox over budgetary concerns and the film’s final MPAA rating. The studio was said to be nervous that Scott was aiming for an R-rating and that the ballooning budget would never be recouped.

Cut to today, where the below embedded video interview is making the news wires. During a Paris press conference, Scott exclaimed some truly exciting news, especially for the purists always praying to see a director’s true vision released.

“The cut that you’re gonna see in cinemas…it’s always the director’s cut, really,” Scott exclaimed before chatting up on the film’s run time. “I’ve only made a mistake once on cutting a film short — I won’t say what it is right now, because this is not the time — but I removed 17 minutes off a movie, and I didn’t ruin it, but it wasn’t [as effective]. In this instance, you got a pretty good version here, pretty good cut. We’re running at about — I think without the end titles, which normally run about four to five minutes — we’re running one hour, fifty-nine minutes and change. It’s very tight, it’s what it should be.”

Thus, if Scott gets his way, it sounds as if Prometheus will be stamped with an “R”-rating. Nothing like having an exponential amount of hype to get the studio off your back, eh?

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/2...-release-will-be-ridley-scotts-directors-cut/

Feb 14, 2006
[video=youtube;cWmbqH_z7jM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWmbqH_z7jM[/video]

[video=youtube_share;QKEWFOcOQZs]http://youtu.be/QKEWFOcOQZs[/video]