**Official AMC show "The Walking Dead" Thread - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
i was really hoping on a good debate here. you let me down :( lol

lol no, i really did side with dale and his ideals a long while ago, and some of the stuff i said was how i felt. but obviously i embellished a lot, to try and start up arguments. it seemed like it was 10 opinions that were the same, i was absolutely obligated to present the unpopular opinion.

i just dont really feel like arguing about it, its just going to come down to being a humanist vs survivalist thing; and there is no clear obvious answer. for example its clear that survival is your ultimate goal. if you die, then any humanity you grasped onto was worthless, which is why everybody here wanted that one kid executed. but at the same time, by executing the kid and ensuring the groups survival, all they are doing is setting up a situation where they can desperately grasp on to their fleeting humanity. theyre ensuring that they can continue to play house at the farm.

so to me it was an argument that was pointless in the first place. do you kill the kid to ensure your survival, or do you give him a chance and thereby ensure you keep your humanity. in both cases you are doing the exact same thing in my view. by killing him, all you are doing is protecting your sense of humanity (the farm that you are playing house at) in the guise of survival-ism.

i think its funny people were screaming that they should get off the farm in the first place, that humanity is dead and playing house is going to get them killed. then in the same breath they talk about executing that kid in order to protect the farm that they were screaming about abandoning in the first place. how would that work out, huh? how would that weigh on your / their conscience. murder a kid to protect a farm that you abandon anyway.

Nov 7, 2006

lol no, i really did side with dale and his ideals a long while ago, and some of the stuff i said was how i felt. but obviously i embellished a lot, to try and start up arguments. it seemed like it was 10 opinions that were the same, i was absolutely obligated to present the unpopular opinion.

i just dont really feel like arguing about it, its just going to come down to being a humanist vs survivalist thing; and there is no clear obvious answer. for example its clear that survival is your ultimate goal. if you die, then any humanity you grasped onto was worthless, which is why everybody here wanted that one kid executed. but at the same time, by executing the kid and ensuring the groups survival, all they are doing is setting up a situation where they can desperately grasp on to their fleeting humanity. theyre ensuring that they can continue to play house at the farm.

so to me it was an argument that was pointless in the first place. do you kill the kid to ensure your survival, or do you give him a chance and thereby ensure you keep your humanity. in both cases you are doing the exact same thing in my view. by killing him, all you are doing is protecting your sense of humanity (the farm that you are playing house at) in the guise of survival-ism.

i think its funny people were screaming that they should get off the farm in the first place, that humanity is dead and playing house is going to get them killed. then in the same breath they talk about executing that kid in order to protect the farm that they were screaming about abandoning in the first place. how would that work out, huh? how would that weigh on your / their conscience. murder a kid to protect a farm that you abandon anyway.
i think it goes deeper then that though. i mean like i already said humanity was never perfect and in a humane world this kid would be executed for what he's done. that was the only thing dale had in the argument is that it would push them further as a human then they were before but in reality their was nothing else they can do.

and i dont think they were killing him to protect the farm but to protect themselves. it's already been established that rick wants to stay there for his wifes pregnancy and to let this kid go would jeopardize everyones life. it was obvious rick was leaning towards saving him which was why he had daryll beating on him to see if he was a big threat and in that beating they found out they had 30 men with automatics and like to rape women. yeah he says he had no part in it but if he's willing to take part in shooting at people he dont know then whats stopping him from raping females especially when it's encouraged by his camp?

again neither of can be right but you were wrong about shane this time. shane actually made it clear he doesnt even talk to people anymore about how he feels so their decision was all done up on their own. it was actually Dale trying to sway everyone and he would've done it but he had no good options on what to do with the kid. he didnt even say he'd watch the kid when that was offered lol.

Gofer

Sicc OG
Sep 19, 2008
www.youtube.com
Man as I watched these last few episodes my opinion was constantly changing from kill the kid to save him. I'm really having a hard time making up a solid opinion that I could 100% back up, there really is no right answer.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
I like how two episodes ago, Rick was talking about killing the zombies with knives to be quieter and to conserve ammo, but three or four episodes before that, ten people went to a makeshift shooting range to learn to shoot and wasted tons of ammo lol.

Nov 7, 2006
I like how two episodes ago, Rick was talking about killing the zombies with knives to be quieter and to conserve ammo, but three or four episodes before that, ten people went to a makeshift shooting range to learn to shoot and wasted tons of ammo lol.
well it's important to know how to shoot so it was a good idea.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Lol you're killing me.

If Shane cut off his right foot just to prove a point that even a cripple could survive the zombie apocalypse, you'd somehow justify it.

If you want hints as to the direction the shows taking with Shane and Rick, The Governor, and other characters, I suggest you take a look at Robert Kirkman's latest interview with IGN.

Nov 7, 2006
the right answer is to use the kid to find out where the group of 30 psychos is, then assault them and raid all their weapons
how is that "humane"
Lol you're killing me.

If Shane cut off his right foot just to prove a point that even a cripple could survive the zombie apocalypse, you'd somehow justify it.

If you want hints as to the direction the shows taking with Shane and Rick, The Governor, and other characters, I suggest you take a look at Robert Kirkman's latest interview with IGN.
you talking to me? well if you are i'm not even that big a fan of shane i just point out what i see. in the real world (not a tv show) the qualities shane possesses would outlasts ricks. thats all i ever meant to say. and in the show i agree with shanes decisions more then i agree with ricks situations. if shane got his foot cut off then i would instantly put rick as #1 survivor.

i can see they gonna have shane make some bad decisions in these next episodes to kill him off. it's obvious they're setting it up and theres a shit ton of foreshadowing happening in the last episode. so if this was about me then quote it and reply.

Nov 7, 2006
side note i thought they should've left the kid stranded in the 1st place. i mean shit he was shooting at them and rick didnt hesitate to kill the other 2 he was with. that had nothing to do with shane then and my decisions on the kid have nothing to do with shane now. you can tell when he was toying with the female zombie that he was sadistic and got off on killing the zombie, that told me right there that he's bad and if you think he's good then you're an idiot.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
The kid leads them to The Governor and into season 3, so that's why this forced acceptance of his character is being perpetrated upon the uncaring audience.

Glen will be killed unless they plan on loading Maggie up with the rest of them when they set out for that compound of people who are most likely being ran by The Governor.

And, once again for feeling, if they kill of Daryl, I'm done.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
how is that "humane"

because they are rapists and murderers and they tried to kill rick, glenn, and hershell, even after rick pleaded with them and told them their friends tried to murder them first. they are bad people that need to be served a large dish of righteousness. this is far different than just executing an unarmed kid

plus from what i gathered from the whole bar incident theyd be easy to take out most likely. a few guerilla style killings here and there and the whole entire group would pretty much scurry liek roaches.

at the very least they need to get more information out of the kid. find out what kind of defenses the other group has, how they live, how they act, their routine, all that shit.

Nov 7, 2006

because they are rapists and murderers and they tried to kill rick, glenn, and hershell, even after rick pleaded with them and told them their friends tried to murder them first. they are bad people that need to be served a large dish of righteousness. this is far different than just executing an unarmed kid

plus from what i gathered from the whole bar incident theyd be easy to take out most likely. a few guerilla style killings here and there and the whole entire group would pretty much scurry liek roaches.

at the very least they need to get more information out of the kid. find out what kind of defenses the other group has, how they live, how they act, their routine, all that shit.
so the better option is to go 3 against 30 (cause lets face it the others aint doing shit) when the 30 has automatic weapons? and it's more "Humane" to kill 30 or so people since they might have raped females but it's wrong to kill a kid who's already tried to kill you and knows where you sleep? it's like you're 2 different people lol.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
there are no clear answers and no right or wrong answers and this show isnt good enough to want to argue about it lol. the whole point of the show is struggling with ones humanity in this new fucked up world where there are no clear choices, so this is exactly what the show wants us to be doing, arguing about poitnless shit thats going to work itself out in a few episodes anyway and then not matter

they probably will never even encounter this large group of people, if they even exist

Dec 4, 2006
Love the way this episode ended!

It just got fucking real! HELLA UNEXPECTED THO!

Next Sunday gonna be crazy! I already see who's dying tho...